Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blade/prop spares from Amazon
123Next >
4221 84 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone used any blades from Amazon? If so what is your opinion of them and would you care to provide a link if you liked them?

2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB, I'm using replacement blades that I bought from Amazon.  This is the ones I bought and use.  https://www.amazon.com/Helistar- ... %2Caps%2C163&sr=8-7  I like the way the blue striped ones look while spinning.

BlueStripeBlades_.jpg
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 12:59
JodyB, I'm using replacement blades that I bought from Amazon.  This is the ones I bought and use.  https://www.amazon.com/Helistar-Propellers-Foldable-Colorful-Compatible/dp/B082DHM22B/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2JMKNJFTADK5J&keywords=dji+mavic+mini+propeller&qid=1578603458&sprefix=DJI+Mavic+Mini+pr%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-7  I like the way the blue striped ones look while spinning.

Thanks DowntownRDB, I looked at those, but they didn't have any reviews so I didn't know what to think. I looked at another set that did have a review, but one of them basically said their junk. But you have them and seem to like them? The screws have the locktite and such?
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-9 13:01
Thanks DowntownRDB, I looked at those, but they didn't have any reviews so I didn't know what to think. I looked at another set that did have a review, but one of them basically said their junk. But you have them and seem to like them? The screws have the locktite and such?

I like them and they seem to work better than the ones that came with the MM.  The screws have the loctite on them.  I have around 10-12 flights using these blades.
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JodyB, by the way I did order a set of 12 blades including screws via Aliexpress and got them within 10 days.  However, they were cheaper appearing in quality than what came with the MM.  For this reason I decided to check out Amazon and found the set I mentioned in previous post.  So the ones I got from Aliexpress are sitting in my spare parts drawer.
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 13:05
I like them and they seem to work better than the ones that came with the MM.  The screws have the loctite on them.  I have around 10-12 flights using these blades.

That’s awesome, I may order those although they do have the same looking blades but with a set of gold tip black ones for around the same price from the same seller it looks like. Wonder if those are the same.
2020-1-9
Use props
ljmario
Captain
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 13:05
I like them and they seem to work better than the ones that came with the MM.  The screws have the loctite on them.  I have around 10-12 flights using these blades.

sorry that i am skeptical, but according to your profile you only covered 525 ft in 12-15 flights
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ljmario Posted at 1-9 13:14
sorry that i am skeptical, but according to your profile you only covered 525 ft in 12-15 flights

I can understand your skepticism but I have not been able to get my flight distance to update in the forum.  Sent e-mail to DJI CS and awaiting response on how to fix.  
2020-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-9 13:14
That’s awesome, I may order those although they do have the same looking blades but with a set of gold tip black ones for around the same price from the same seller it looks like. Wonder if those are the same.

Same vendor so I'd bet they are of same quality.  If not, send them back.  LOL.
2020-1-9
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

I also ordered some (ebay, less than half the cost as amazon), but as a replacement. So I haven't used it yet. Right, there are very few reviews, at the German Amazon I found 4 of these multicolored propellers ... not exactly good ones. I translate (quick google translate, maybe something wrong ;-) ) :

The propellers hit the casing of the Mini during flight maneuvers. This then tumbles immediately ...
I took it off again !!

Unfortunately, very unstable and come against the drone, which has already caused crashes in some cases.
Better stay away, because DJI Care with external rotors doesn't work either.

Propellers are not recommended. Flapping and striking drones.

Propellers look good optically, can also be assembled, but lead to a crash if there is a little wind, because they touch the drone arm by themselves (the front ones for me), which leads directly to a crash!
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 13:24
I can understand your skepticism but I have not been able to get my flight distance to update in the forum.  Sent e-mail to DJI CS and awaiting response on how to fix.

I know it's off topic but Is it set to auto sync in the settings? I had a few issues with that myself, but I logged out on the app, logged out here. Logged back in on the app and turned auto sync back on and then logged in here and it updated then.
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-9 13:33
I also ordered some (ebay, less than half the cost as amazon), but as a replacement. So I haven't used it yet. Right, there are very few reviews, at the German Amazon I found 4 of these multicolored propellers ... not exactly good ones. I translate (quick google translate, maybe something wrong ;-) ) :

The propellers hit the casing of the Mini during flight maneuvers. This then tumbles immediately ...

Let us know if/when you use them how they do. I changed out the props that came installed on my mini with ones from my fmc, so now I'm looking for good ones as spares since ordering from DJI takes ages, LOL!!
2020-1-9
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

JodyB Posted at 1-9 13:40
Let us know if/when you use them how they do. I changed out the props that came installed on my mini with ones from my fmc, so now I'm looking for good ones as spares since ordering from DJI takes ages, LOL!!

Of course ... BUT after these lousy reviews, I think three times whether I should mount them. 8 original  propellers are also included in the fly more combo. So at the moment I have more than enough. lol
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-9 13:48
Of course ... BUT after these lousy reviews, I think three times whether I should mount them. 8 original  propellers are also included in the fly more combo. So at the moment I have more than enough. lol

Well, I'm not encouraging you to try them, just if you do. I appreciate the opinions very much!!
2020-1-9
Use props
fansa029aa8c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess I am too old school but I have always used only DJI OEM props and batteries. Other items, such as a gimbal guard or something I often have gone with none OEM. I'm sure most are just as good, possibly some even better but never wanted to take the chance.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Remember to keep the OEM blades for when you need to send the MM back for a warranty repair or refesh.
DJI could deny these services if they see the aftermarket blades on the AC.
2020-1-9
Use props
Akirasho
Captain
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Akirasho, I was just getting ready to see what YouTube had to offer since I just got home!! Much appreciated!!
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder, DJI does not recommend to use any third party propellers these may affect the stability and performance of the said drone. Thank you and safe flying..
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 14:52
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder, DJI does not recommend to use any third party propellers these may affect the stability and performance of the said drone. Thank you and safe flying..
Thank you DJI Paladin, the YouTube videos provided has shown that their trustworthiness is at least questionable. At least for the kind mentioned. Maybe others have had better luck from another vendor.
2020-1-9
Use props
ljmario
Captain
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-9 14:52

hello dji paladin, if DJI could deliver original propellers in a timely manner and at reasonable shipping costs, surely such questions would not necessarily be asked. Estimated delivery time: 10-15 working days after receipt of payment and this with shipping costs of € 10.12 to Germany is simply not up to date. nevertheless i will only use original accessories. Thank you
2020-1-9
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

It seems like getting the DJI factory blades has been an issue.  I ordered some from DJI a while back, and based on a text I got from FedEx, perhaps they're on their way now because whatever it is, is coming from Shenzhen China.  Unfortunately, it appears that they've set the delivery to require a signature, so that'll be an extra hassle, but whatever.

Anyhow, I checked the DJI site last night, and it still showed 10-15 days for delivery on replacement props.  However, B&H appears to have them in stock, so that's worth considering if you're looking for the actual DJI replacement blades.  (I better order a few myself before you folks snarf them all up).  ;)  I plan on wrecking a lot of them once I can fly outdoors.  

I've been wary of trying the aftermarket prop blades.  But for all I know, some of them may be OK.  Beats me!
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-9 16:30
It seems like getting the DJI factory blades has been an issue.  I ordered some from DJI a while back, and based on a text I got from FedEx, perhaps they're on their way now because whatever it is, is coming from Shenzhen China.  Unfortunately, it appears that they've set the delivery to require a signature, so that'll be an extra hassle, but whatever.

Anyhow, I checked the DJI site last night, and it still showed 10-15 days for delivery on replacement props.  However, B&H appears to have them in stock, so that's worth considering if you're looking for the actual DJI replacement blades.  (I better order a few myself before you folks snarf them all up).  ;)  I plan on wrecking a lot of them once I can fly outdoors.  

I don't plan on wrecking, but I do believe that they wear out over time. Plus the whole issue that the ones that came on the mini pre-installed could lead to altitude drops, I just feel a little better swapping them out for the new ones. I'm going to take a look at B&H and see what they have, thanks Sigmo!!
2020-1-9
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best Buy seems to have them now.  I just picked up an extra set of oem at the standard (not inflated) price plus tax.
2020-1-9
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I ordered a hard carbon fiber to test how this will affect the effectiveness of the flight in defense.
In the meantime I'm waiting for it to be done for MM on www.masterairscrew.com
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alevpi Posted at 1-9 19:32
I ordered a hard carbon fiber to test how this will affect the effectiveness of the flight in defense.
In the meantime I'm waiting for it to be done for MM on www.masterairscrew.com

I messaged master air screw the other day about if/when they might be available for the mm. No response yet. I saw some carbon fiber ones on Amazon. I find them very tempting.
2020-1-9
Use props
virtual
Captain
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

In the meantime I'm waiting for it to be done for MM on www.masterairscrew.com

I'm curious how will these (RCGeek carbon fiber blades?) perform. Let us know.
2020-1-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

In the meantime I'm waiting for it to be done for MM on www.masterairscrew.com

Interesting, couldnt find the MINI there, but will check further.
2020-1-10
Use props
virtual
Captain
Czechia

Carbon propellers for Mini are available on ebay or amazon...

2020-1-10
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Russia

virtual Posted at 1-10 01:58
I'm curious how will these (RCGeek carbon fiber blades?) perform. Let us know.

They are much more noisy and some can be stratified.
2020-1-10
Use props
virtual
Captain
Czechia

So waist of money, thank You for sharing your experience! Now we can hope that master air screw will come up with something interesting or stick with stock propellers...
2020-1-10
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

Alevpi Posted at 1-10 04:16
They are much more noisy and some can be stratified.

Do you know or do you think they're louder ? The lowest possible volume is an important factor for me. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Mavic Air because it is so loud and has a terrible sound.
2020-1-10
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

Incidentally, I am more and more convinced that slight damage, manufacturing or material defects or 3rd party items on either propeller lead to problem with "fast wobbling "videos as well as the "Power / ESC" errors. The resulting vibrations are transferred to the gimbal and the asymmetry of the air buoyancy caused by slightly different propellers leads to a power error.
2020-1-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

These were the ones that I saw that caught my attention. They may not be any good. Maybe someone will pick them up an review them or some other ones and some third party vendor will get them right. I plan on calling master air screw today to see if they can at least tell me if they plan on making them for the mini and if so, a projected window of when we can expect them.

Lykmera carbon fiber mini blades
2020-1-10
Use props
Cal Evans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 12:59
JodyB, I'm using replacement blades that I bought from Amazon.  This is the ones I bought and use.  https://www.amazon.com/Helistar- ... %2Caps%2C163&sr=8-7  I like the way the blue striped ones look while spinning.

Thanks for sharing. Looking into these as it's been something I've been wondering about myself.

Cheers!
2020-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 1-9 14:23
https://youtu.be/A87DR6R-yXI

https://youtu.be/NMRph7UHVIY

After watching the 2 videos in Post 21 I decided to do more checking.  He said in the first video that the replacement screws were slightly longer than the OEM screws.  I used a digital micrometer and checked the replacement screw length and they are identical in length to the OEM screws.  Visually the replacement blades appear to be a tiny bit stiffer than OEM.  So it appears that the blades he tested were not from Helistar.  Also, the screws did come with a dab of loctite on them and he said his didn't.  

I have NOT noticed the replacement blades to be any quieter than the OEMs, nor any louder.  To date, there has been no wobble of the arms or any effect on the Gimbal.  The Helistar replacement blades have NOT contacted the MM body.  I guess I was just lucky and got a great set of replacement blades.
2020-1-10
Use props
Alevpi
First Officer
Russia

jonny007 Posted at 1-10 04:54
Do you know or do you think they're louder ? The lowest possible volume is an important factor for me. That's exactly why I didn't buy the Mavic Air because it is so loud and has a terrible sound.

This is according to reviews about them on Russian forums and stores, unfortunately, how much louder no one clarifies and does not make specific measurements.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 1-9 14:56
Thank you DJI Paladin, the YouTube videos provided has shown that their trustworthiness is at least questionable. At least for the kind mentioned. Maybe others have had better luck from another vendor.

You are more than welcome and thank you for sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. The safety of yourself and the drone is our priority. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-1-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 06:29
After watching the 2 videos in Post 21 I decided to do more checking.  He said in the first video that the replacement screws were slightly longer than the OEM screws.  I used a digital micrometer and checked the replacement screw length and they are identical in length to the OEM screws.  Visually the replacement blades appear to be a tiny bit stiffer than OEM.  So it appears that the blades he tested were not from Helistar.  Also, the screws did come with a dab of loctite on them and he said his didn't.  

I have NOT noticed the replacement blades to be any quieter than the OEMs, nor any louder.  To date, there has been no wobble of the arms or any effect on the Gimbal.  The Helistar replacement blades have NOT contacted the MM body.  I guess I was just lucky and got a great set of replacement blades.

I have an idea, would you be willing to shoot a short video if it isn't too much trouble? Personally, I'm just having "which ones should I get" syndrome. Everyone else is just plain skeptical. And I can hardly blame them. No one wants to install something on their drone thats going to give it fits down the road. I think a simple take off and hover would suffice, if you have time and wouldn't mind doing that. I know I would greatly appreciate it.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ljmario Posted at 1-9 16:22
hello dji paladin, if DJI could deliver original propellers in a timely manner and at reasonable shipping costs, surely such questions would not necessarily be asked. Estimated delivery time: 10-15 working days after receipt of payment and this with shipping costs of € 10.12 to Germany is simply not up to date. nevertheless i will only use original accessories. Thank you

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to the DJI Mavic Mini propellers. I would recommend for you to visit our official DJI Where To Buy website to check the nearby retail stores for available stocks for the DJI Mavic Mini propellers. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your valued support.

Retail Store.png
2020-1-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules