Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thoughts on XOAR propellers for Inspire 2
1267 6 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beef Supreme Airways
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101148 ft
United States

Amigos,
Wanted to throw out my experience with XOAR on the I2, and see if anyone else had similar experiences.

Initially I received the blades with M3 screws that were too short for installation into the motor. I believe 10-13mm length screws fixed the issue, which they provided when I reached out to them. My fear was the screws do not seat far enough into the prop motor, but longer screws fixed this.

Furthermore a washer plate was required between the I2 prop motor and the XOAR prop mount to allow enough space to seat properly. Again, they promptly fixed the issue when I visited their office.

The end result is the images attached. With blue threadlocker attached to all four screws, it flies like a gem and I believe is much quieter and extremely more convenient.

2020-1-9
Use props
Matthew Parent
lvl.1
United States

2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and your experience with regards to this matter. Please stay safe and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-10
Use props
LIVNXXL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have heard that the XOAR folding props cause a higher motor temp. I cant speak of this from experiance. I run the XOAR CF props also but not the foldies. I have them on both my I1's also. I have never had an issue and have run them for years. Other than I like them and they seem a bit more steady in the wind I have not seen any other changes. Goood louck with the foldies and enjoy your time in the air.
2020-1-10
Use props
Matthew Parent
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the thoughts my friend. Do you have references you can link for that higher temperature aspect?

Cheers!
2020-1-10
Use props
LIVNXXL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Parent Posted at 1-10 12:36
Thanks for the thoughts my friend. Do you have references you can link for that higher temperature aspect?

Cheers!

I believe it was on inspirepilots.com. There are over a dozen threads about folding props for the I2. All between Heliengadin, T-Motor and XOAR. When looking I cant find the thread but it was stating that the hub assembly of the XOAR was to large in length thus shortening the actual usable blade which in turn made the motor work harder. This was an end user argument and not a tested fact, although untested it made good points to consider. Then again other stand at "Nothing but DJI" or you will suffer horrific consequences. Hope this saves you some search time as I summed up the entire thread in the above statement.
2020-1-14
Use props
Matthew Parent
lvl.1
United States

Thanks bud! And sorry for the extremely late reply. Hope you are well!
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules