Display from Fly App
1636 6 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Does anyone have this problem? When I want to fly my mini, the fly app that shows on the screen of my iPad is too large and a lot of the information is missing on the screen. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Normally you should have the reverse as the DJI Fly is scaled for Iphones and not for Ipads

• Have you turned on "zoom in" on your ipad, Settings > Accessibility > Zoom
  • On an Ipad, the screen should be too small as opposed to too large, there is an expand button on the lower right of the screen when the DJI Fly app is on, maybe hitting this or near it if it's invisible might reduce the screen size.
2020-1-9
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do as lannes suggested to check. Also for my iPad Air 2, this issue was fixed by updating to iPad os 13. Not sure which iPad you have and if it can be updated that far but worth a check.
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jake Phantom 3 S. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the iPad in the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that the iPad will work on the DJI Mavic Mini. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Fly application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the iPad if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-1-10
Use props
fansbd5c48d6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

What version of IOS are you running. Some users have had this problem until they upgraded to the current 13.3 version
2020-1-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 08:34
Hello and good day Jake Phantom 3 S. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the iPad in the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that the iPad will work on the DJI Mavic Mini. However, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Fly application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the the iPad if it will work all the time while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

DJI Developers have listed the following Apple devices as being compatible with the DJI Fly app. Check the below list from the Apple App Store.

IMG_DC4B4253101B-1.jpeg
2020-1-10
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

fansbd5c48d6 Posted at 1-10 16:51
What version of IOS are you running. Some users have had this problem until they upgraded to the current 13.3 version

Thanks for the idea of upgrading my firmware on the iPad. This did the trick. I now have all information available on the screen as it should be.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules