New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)
56117 224 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried to re-install or update Litchi or Dronelink on the Smart Controller after the  0650 upgrade? I discovered that the PACKAGE INSTALLER STOPS immediately upon invocation. True for all and any packages. Looks like DJI LOCKED DOWN the Smart Controller.

I proceeded to downgrade back to 0530 and install the later version of GO4 and everything else I use occasionally. No problems with that process and I will stay away from 0650 until someone is able to come up with a work-around or fix for the Package Installer problem. Maybe DJI did not really intend to lock down the SC and will fix it? I sure hope so.
2020-1-16
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

for all those where the SC does not appear in the assistant:

you have to turn on the USB debugger in SC , then it works
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

roamer105 Posted at 1-16 10:02
Has anyone tried to re-install or update Litchi or Dronelink on the Smart Controller after the  0650 upgrade? I discovered that the PACKAGE INSTALLER STOPS immediately upon invocation. True for all and any packages. Looks like DJI LOCKED DOWN the Smart Controller.

I proceeded to downgrade back to 0530 and install the later version of GO4 and everything else I use occasionally. No problems with that process and I will stay away from 0650 until someone is able to come up with a work-around or fix for the Package Installer problem. Maybe DJI did not really intend to lock down the SC and will fix it? I sure hope so.

I’ve just installed VLC on clean .650 using .apk downloaded from videolan page. May be that way will work for you
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Indio Posted at 1-16 10:04

you have to turn on the USB debugger in SC , then it works

In my opinion turning Developer on caused my problems. Factory reset turned Developer off and now I can use Assistant2 on my MacBook Pro. Everything works except straight USB-C to USB-C connection, so I have to use USB-C to USB-A cable with Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor. I think it’s a bug in SC
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

AnthonyLauter Posted at 1-16 09:30
That was the only thing that allowed the firmware to update.

I heve no SD card inserted and anything else.
I discoverd that bug long time ago. Hoped DJI fixed it already.
2020-1-16
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Checki Posted at 1-16 09:21
I don't need to do that, because from my own experience, it doesn't help, I tested every possible solution, also the cables.

In the end, it worked on a MAC, original or some other cable, makes no difference.

You surely know cheap cables may work or not, so cables make difference
2020-1-16
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915279 ft
Netherlands

CanonMax Posted at 1-15 00:33
wat bedoel je met LOGBOEK functie, Bob?
I do not have problems with the Smart Controller after I succeeded in updating the firmware (after taking out the MicroSD card.....)

Its solved… . after starting up my sc today it started to download a update same number and every thing works fine.
2020-1-16
Use props
fans4adba40b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92234 ft
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 1-11 19:54
I was finally able to update to new firmware. This time, I was able to do it via the controller rather than using assistant 2

I updated thru WiFi after many failed asst 2 all works well
2020-1-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

To those who were in the Beta that you can use the P4PV2.0, can you downgrade back to it?
2020-1-16
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

djiuser_HOdekpjaVAie Posted at 1-14 08:08
Why are my Flight Record / FLIGHT DATA not updated after release of Firmware: v01.00.0650 ?

My flight data/record won't update either.
2020-1-16
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 11:41
In my opinion turning Developer on caused my problems. Factory reset turned Developer off and now I can use Assistant2 on my MacBook Pro. Everything works except straight USB-C to USB-C connection, so I have to use USB-C to USB-A cable with Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor. I think it’s a bug in SC

In my experience, developer is on by default even after hard reset, and it worked that way with my mac.
On Windows, nothing worked, no matter what I tried.
2020-1-16
Use props
Checki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17110 ft
Germany

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 12:14
You surely know cheap cables may work or not, so cables make difference

Yes, cheap China USB cables maybe don't comply with the USB standards.
I use the cable from my Samsung, because with the dji cable, I lose connection every few seconds. But just with the mavic, not the remote.
So I guess, the dji cable is one of those cheap China cables.
2020-1-16
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 03:23
Hi, what cable do you use? What Mac do you use?

Original cable for charging SC.
Mac Os Mojave
2020-1-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Checki Posted at 1-16 23:53
Yes, cheap China USB cables maybe don't comply with the USB standards.
I use the cable from my Samsung, because with the dji cable, I lose connection every few seconds. But just with the mavic, not the remote.
So I guess, the dji cable is one of those cheap China cables.
You’re right. Some cables work ather not, doesn’t matter Samsung, DJI, Baseus or Apple, ALL are made in China.
DJI’s Android on SC is specific one, it works in different way for USB, we have 2 A and C. Developer is disabled by default as on other Android devices. USB-C is in debug mode, so you can use it for charging and transfering. It doesn’t work properly in some cases. E.g. my MBP have only USB-C thundrbolt sockets, so if I use staight USB-C to USB-C cable it not works. For me connection USB-C to USB-A and USB-A to USB-C cables does work. So in my opinion USB-C in SC is not properly configured and my MBP thinks it’s a thunderbolt instead of usb.
2020-1-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

ro_flyer Posted at 1-17 01:02
Original cable for charging SC.
Mac Os Mojave
I assume you use older Mac with USB-A sockets. My MBP has only USB-C thunderbolts.
2020-1-17
Use props
Aschi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58094 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Indio Posted at 1-16 10:04

you have to turn on the USB debugger in SC , then it works

Und wo kann ich den USB-Debugger im SC aktivieren?
2020-1-17
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Aschi Posted at 1-17 01:29
Und wo kann ich den USB-Debugger im SC aktivieren?

As on other Android dvices https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options. I do not recommend you to do it, see my earlier posts.
2020-1-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-17 01:22
I assume you use older Mac with USB-A sockets. My MBP has only USB-C thunderbolts.

You're correct
2020-1-17
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
United States

djiuser_9f87BOMKKVV9 Posted at 1-11 11:01
Did you download new update today I did it yesterday and have a Chinese language on one line the rest is english

that was on the date I posted
2020-1-17
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-16 11:15
I’ve just installed VLC on clean .650 using .apk downloaded from videolan page. May be that way will work for you

Clean install? Did you perform a factory reset before installing 0650?
What was your procedure?
2020-1-17
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Question to DJI  SC Fellows : Quick Fly is a great option , which allows us without hustle bustle enter directly  to the DJI Go 4 Camera Screen,
However this option does, or does not bypass the routine check for the firmware status ,which we normally see during the normal start up of the Go4?
2020-1-17
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Where are the new Quick Fly settings located ?  I have done the firmware update and had a look on the controller and in DJI GO app but I cant see where to enable the new feature.  
2020-1-17
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SzczechzCzech Posted at 1-11 09:40
All good with update on my smart controller with the controller update only - not via assistant. Also no language bugs in my case. And Fly Immediately is an awesome option.

Disregard, found the answer in earlier post.
2020-1-17
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

knarfboy Posted at 1-16 06:13
Smart controler new firmware again kernel from Monday

Could you post a screen shot?
2020-1-17
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Avronaut Posted at 1-17 23:41
Could you post a screen shot?

Problem with logs files fixed in this release.

here-, the screenshoot:

IMG_0021.jpg
2020-1-18
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

Thanks.
System Version changed, too. But still no updates available.
Do you still there encounter the known issues (UI crash's, no flight log) ?
IMG_20200118_115521.jpg
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-10 07:35
I *think* they've removed the P4Pv2 integration that was in the 0560 firmware beta.  I don't own a P4Pv2, but I had done some testing with a friend a while back during the beta program.  When I go look at the Aircraft Management screen in the settings, my friend's P4Pv2 is now showing an icon of an M2Z instead of the P4Pv2.

If I'm right, I don't understand why they didn't keep this integration.  It worked really well from my short experience, and I don't recall seeing anything negative from other beta testers.

I imagine it was a marketing decision. They want to sell the Phantom 4 Pro V2 Plus model with the built in display. If they made it where the SC would work with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 it might hurt their sales of the plus model. Just a thought.
2020-1-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz Posted at 1-18 07:16
I imagine it was a marketing decision. They want to sell the Phantom 4 Pro V2 Plus model with the built in display. If they made it where the SC would work with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 it might hurt their sales of the plus model. Just a thought.

Did follow-me mode even work on it?  There must be one or more massive problems no one knows nothing about which is why they pulled it.
2020-1-18
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all the posts helping to properly install this new version. I finally performed a Factory Reset and removed the SD card from the SC. Re-installed the correct Assistant and proceeded to upgrade to the latest version. Completed to 100% successfully --- AND everything works great including the PACKAGE INSTALLER.
Happy camper.
2020-1-18
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

roamer105 Posted at 1-17 10:11
Clean install? Did you perform a factory reset before installing 0650?
What was your procedure?

I did a factory reset because I wasn’t able to refresh a FW via Assistant2, see my earlier posts. After refresh a FW, downloaded VLC on to a pendrive, next installed it on SC. That’s all.
2020-1-18
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

akozc Posted at 1-17 18:43
Question to DJI  SC Fellows : Quick Fly is a great option , which allows us without hustle bustle enter directly  to the DJI Go 4 Camera Screen,
However this option does, or does not bypass the routine check for the firmware status ,which we normally see during the normal start up of the Go4?

Checking a FW is perfomed as usual.
2020-1-18
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

akozc Posted at 1-17 18:43

2020-1-18
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

AEROKAMERA Posted at 1-18 11:56

Thanks mate
2020-1-18
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Shame on all beta testers who have not found these many errors in advance.
And also a shame about the one who decided to remove support for the Phantom 2 pro v2.0.
2020-1-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone even know if follow-me mode even existed when the P4PV2.0 was attached?

I use the iPad to fly with the P4PV2.0 to use DJI GS Pilot for mapping.
2020-1-19
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

knarfboy Posted at 1-19 08:56
Shame on all beta testers who have not found these many errors in advance.
And also a shame about the one who decided to remove support for the Phantom 2 pro v2.0.

Many beta testers have written about issues, but we haven't gotten a proper channel to the devs. We have asked for it, but gotten no reply at all from DJI.

So, no shame to us beta testers. If you want to complain, complain to DJI!
2020-1-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Rob W Posted at 1-19 22:18
Many beta testers have written about issues, but we haven't gotten a proper channel to the devs. We have asked for it, but gotten no reply at all from DJI.

So, no shame to us beta tester. If you want to complain, complain to DJI!

I fully agree since beginning all beta testers in program were complaining that there is zero communication back from DJI nor confirmation or acknowledgement of found bugs.
2020-1-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

By the way this weekend during flight after cca 3kms my SRC told me that no signal and picture grayed out, RTH was started immediatelly and there was signal with AC all the time I was even able to see AC on map how it is coming back but no picture from camera at all. When AC came back I have tried to close video windows and open it agan without help, then tried to close whole dji go app while AC was still in air and picture came back after that. Did somebody encountered this? I have done factory reset of SRC before upgrade and also after upgrade so everything was cleaned up and this was 2nd flight after upgrade. Never experienced such before.
2020-1-19
Use props
Gary.indragmaicom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301929 ft
United States

Updated to .650.  Google Play not working.  Deleted the app for now.  Main issue is that AirData is no longer syncing.  I downloaded the latest version (34) that is supposed to address this issue but still no go.

The DJI Sync now works BUT it added all the flights to my log.  I now have double the number of flights! I look like a Drone Master!  I can live with the DJI Flight Log being inaccurate but absolutely rely on AirData.  

Anyone else find this to be a problem after the update?
2020-1-20
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

As far as airdate sync goes, this is how the new airdate sync app works for me.  it doesn't show how many files are being synced like the old version did, its now says sync started and you just have to wait till you see sync finished, that's why I thought it was not working, I was not giving it enough time to sync, as nothing was showing what was happening, I just closed the app down.
2020-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules