New Smart Controller Firmware Released (10/01/2020)
56023 224 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Go App 4 v4.3.32 released.
2020-2-11
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2-8 09:19
My refresh took 15-20 minutes. That was what it took last time as well. I don't know why it takes other people so long. Did you have a network error and needed to start over?
Not to say it is without problems.
A network error shouldn't start the download over. It should continue from where it left off, why is that complicated?

You only need to move one of the control sticks too interrupt autoshutdown. This is a common procedure on every RC Transmitter.

Too answer your question: I'm an Android user. Therefore it is unnecessary to keep a PC online 24 hours a day. No matter what a PC can do, so can my tablet or smartphone. So my PC was off for months. It then makes innumerable updates. Then I install DJI Assistant, which also wants updates again. Then I have to login at DJI and then persuade PC and SM to communicate via USB. Do you want to tell me that is acceptable in 2020? Believe me: In the Android cosmos this has not been acceptable since a decade.
2020-2-12
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
United States

Avronaut Posted at 2-12 03:32
You only need to move one of the control sticks too interrupt autoshutdown. This is a common procedure on every RC Transmitter.

Too answer your question: I'm an Android user. Therefore it is unnecessary to keep a PC online 24 hours a day. No matter what a PC can do, so can my tablet or smartphone. So my PC was off for months. It then makes innumerable updates. Then I install DJI Assistant, which also wants updates again. Then I have to login at DJI and then persuade PC and SM to communicate via USB. Do you want to tell me that is acceptable in 2020? Believe me: In the Android cosmos this has not been acceptable since a decade.

In other words you find it acceptable that you have to babysit your RC while it updates its firmware. If you leave the update running and go elsewhere, it can auto shutoff and corrupt itself.
Even a Windows PC doesn't require that. Any auto shutoff or sleep timer is overridden when Windows is updating.
2020-2-12
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 2-12 03:57
In other words you find it acceptable that you have to babysit your RC while it updates its firmware. If you leave the update running and go elsewhere, it can auto shutoff and corrupt itself.
Even a Windows PC doesn't require that. Any auto shutoff or sleep timer is overridden when Windows is updating.
So you want Windows on an RC device? Ok, bluescreens on rainy days may be funny ;)
The firmware is relevant regarding your issue, not the operating system of the SM.
If you don't want to "babysit" your SM, simply switch off the auto shut down before starting the update (I personally do not use auto shut down on any RC device at all due to safety reasons). Otherwise you can rescue the update by briefly moving a joystick when the SM starts to beep. But you better do not touch the power button during an update.
2020-2-12
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Controller

I am unable to update to the latest firmware. The controller connects to the pc, the DJI Assistant software displays "cannot load firmware list, please retry". retrying has no effect.

Updated:

Sorted I think. The video is wrong in several locations.

Turn ON the Smart Controller
Turn WiFi off on the Smart controller

Connect to the computer
Run DJI Assistant
Run the update (takes AGES)
Turn Wifi on the Smart Controller back on

Done

2020-2-14
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Germany

Rollout in Germany started.
I just upgraded to GO 4 App 4.3.32 via WLAN / SM. No problems.
2020-2-15
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW !!!!  Can't believe it took me this long to notice the update. Good update too. Got to start staying up  on things.
2020-2-16
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How can i update Go app to 4.3.32 when the app says its the latest version in regards to the Facebook Live notice?
2020-2-22
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

could now apps like drone harmony etc be installed (and working)?
2020-2-28
Use props
Hallmark777
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok I see....
2020-3-3
Use props
mike9887
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220292 ft
United States

Smart Controller update is stuck at 16% on the 3rd (upgrade) screen.  The download and transmitt screens show completion but the 3rd screen showing upgrade is stuck at 16%.  Message appeared to reconnect usb cable but with same stuck at 16% upgrade.  PLEASE HELP!

Updating to V01.00.0650
Using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and DJI supplied USB cable.

Problem Solved.  I connected Smart Controller to wireless internet and upgraded without any issues.

2020-3-3
Use props
fans63db289c
New

Italy

Hi Guys, can someone explain me why I can not stream on Facebook using Mavic 2 Pro and Smartcontroller? With the original controller no issue...
2020-3-14
Use props
capy01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8635 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans63db289c Posted at 3-14 07:47
Hi Guys, can someone explain me why I can not stream on Facebook using Mavic 2 Pro and Smartcontroller? With the original controller no issue...

I would love to know if anyone on the new Smart Controller version has broadcast live in any way. I have tried everything. On FB I get this Then this Just goes back and forth on theses screens.
Is there any software I can broadcast live with the smart controller.
2020-3-18
Use props
capy01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8635 ft
  • >>>
United States

capy01 Posted at 3-18 10:31
I would love to know if anyone on the new Smart Controller version has broadcast live in any way. I have tried everything. On FB I get this[view_image] Then this [view_image] Just goes back and forth on theses screens.
Is there any software I can broadcast live with the smart controller.

Anyone at DJI CARE
2020-3-24
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this.
2020-3-28
Use props
fans3d3d3896
lvl.1
United States

SzczechzCzech Posted at 1-11 09:40
All good with update on my smart controller with the controller update only - not via assistant. Also no language bugs in my case. And Fly Immediately is an awesome option.

mine now has the no video bug, sucks
2020-3-30
Use props
TokioLegend
lvl.1

Greece

Gary Blake Posted at 1-10 15:30
Wasted over two hours trying to get this update loaded. First DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic would not recognize the Smart Controller. After about ten attempts and re-installing Assistant 2 software it finally decided to recognize the Smart Controller, didnt do anything different than the first 9 tries. Had the same problem with the Mavic 2 Pro when I tried to update the firmware on that (brand new). Now two hours in to the update process since the controller was recognized - gets to 99% and then says "update failed", it has done this about 6 times now and I have uploaded an error log each time. I have done probably hundreds of camera and lens firmware updates with Olympus and Sony equipment. This is my first DJI purchase and I must say I am not impressed.

To everyone who's having update issues, check your internal storage space, mine was full of backups from the videos of my flights and there was not enough storage space for the update.
DJI is very bad at this, they should have foreseen this and address us a pop up message for this not to happen! Anyway, problem solved on my end after 10 failed trials... I hope this help you solve your problem too!
2020-4-8
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks for sharing
2020-4-10
Use props
Keopardy
New

United States

Avronaut Posted at 1-11 10:10
I connected the Smart Controller to WLAN and started the update. Works fine, no language bugs

remove sd card first before download update file.
2020-4-12
Use props
Kenanchik
New

Azerbaijan

i try  it via wifi and Dji assistant but its update dont worked..
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75827 ft
United States

What is the expected release date for firmware to allow Smart Controller compatibility with the Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_7TiwjhEM4NXu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187169 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_AVnvizUijkwp Posted at 5-11 09:47
What is the expected release date for firmware to allow Smart Controller compatibility with the Mavic Air 2?

+1-- I'm really wanting to use my SC with the Mavic air 2 instead of my Samsung Note 10 + !!
2020-6-29
Use props
SDsc0rch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 823028 ft
United States

ATTENTION!
i've had to re-link (pair?) over and over again
i start up the drone and i have to select my drone and press the link button on the drone
over and over again
probably over ten times today
(( i use my drone to earn my living ))
is DJI going to issue a hotfix to remedy this??
2020-10-5
Use props
Lucent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99862 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is Mini 2 support coming given it supports OccuSync? Can I install DJI Fly from the Play Store and have it work before the update?
2020-11-15
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

Lucent Posted at 2020-11-15 07:49
Is Mini 2 support coming given it supports OccuSync? Can I install DJI Fly from the Play Store and have it work before the update?

Well DJI, please release the firmware for the mini 2 support.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules