Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
H.265 Corruption on some videos
576 3 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot of Anubis
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hey everyone,

So I have been filming a lot of videos with my M2P using H.265 compression, running on 1080 at 60fps.
It seems that on occasion I will record a video that has a file size, sometimes upwards of 1+GB but I won't be able to play it.
Usually I use Premier Pro to import and edit my videos, which is normally fine with H.265 and my PC can handle it without any issues.
But for some reason, I end up getting corrupted footage from time to time. When trying to import into Premier, I get an error telling me that the file has an unsupported compression type.

I'm thinking that my SD card might be the issue but from the specs it really shouln't be having problems. I'm using a Samsung 128GB Evo Plus which has a write speed of 90MB/s

Has anyone else encountered anything similar?

I will get a different SD card and do several tests to see if I can replicate the issue and will post an update. But if anyone knows why this might be happening, I'd greatly appreciate your help!
2020-1-10
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

The M2Pro can write at 100mbits per sec in 10 bits @H265, if you card only does 90 mbits this may be the cause of your problem, I use the scandisk extreme pro III which can write at 100 mbits and I havent had any problems like this
2020-1-10
Use props
Pilot of Anubis
lvl.1
New Zealand

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-10 05:45
The M2Pro can write at 100mbits per sec in 10 bits @H265, if you card only does 90 mbits this may be the cause of your problem, I use the scandisk extreme pro III which can write at 100 mbits and I havent had any problems like this

Thanks for the reply! I'll grab one and give it a go.
2020-1-10
Use props
DieselE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25935 ft
United Kingdom

Did you find a way to recover your file though - I'm here!
2020-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules