DJI Tello | No Valid IMU
14848 5 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomwilhelm
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi

I bought some Tello drones. The reason why I choose the Tello drone was the feature that you can programm it with Scratch. Unfortunately I cannot programm the Tello with Scratch. Only several flight commands are working. The commands flip and takeoff are working for example but the fly forward will not get executed. In the terminal it shows no valid imu if I try to fly forward for example.

I already tried to recalibrate the imu and update the firmware on the tello. This unfortunately didnt worked. Then I thought its a hardware problem but this isn't the case because the Tello is flying flawlessly with the iPhone app. I also tried it on other notebooks and on another Tello. Always the same error. On the web I have found some other posts of people with the same problem. Unluckily no one had a solution. Here are two posts of other pilots who reported the same issue:
  • https://tellopilots.com/threads/no-valid-imu.4735/
  • https://tellopilots.com/threads/tello-no-valid-imu-python.4260/

After that I tried to contact the support of Ryzerobotics. But their Phone and SDK Support is useless. They just told me to recalibrate the imu and upgrade the firmware. I already told them that I tried this multiple times. After that, I got ignored for a Month. I called them and they told me I should just resend the Mail. Which I did and they came again with <<please upgrade the firmware and calibrate the IMU>> even if I wrote them in the Mail that I have tried this multiple times. Now I am just getting ignored.

I am really upset because I now have 6 Tellos which are useless for me.

Can somebody from the Community / DJI help?

(sorry for my bad english)

Kind regards,
tomwilhelm

2020-1-10
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

It sounds like the Tello does not want to cooperate with the scratch program. I would check and see if the scratch program is actually connecting with the Tello properly either that or just stick with the iPhone app. The only program I have ever used with the Tello was the iPhone app so I admittedly do not know the true cause of this issue.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_B4nwQ68BLb3w
New

United States

Any luck with this??
2020-1-10
Use props
tomwilhelm
lvl.1

Switzerland

Found the problem. I always had the light turned off in the room in which I tried it. There was too less light for the camera to analyze.
2020-1-15
Use props
JuMarcelino
New

Brazil

Estou com problema de interferência no dronetello possuo 4 e estou fazendo um projeto educativo onde eles seria usado junto .. como diminui a interferência alguém teria já passado por este problema
2020-1-15
Use props
csabull96
New

Hungary

Hey,

I'm a fresh dji tello owner, too who faced the same problem as you. I spent days looking for the solution which I couldn't find (until now). As you mentioned their support (they're really polite and seem helpful) is rather useless. I contacted the support team, the dev team and none of them could help me. They kept telling me to calibrate the drone and update the firmware and they also suggested me to buy a special carpet that is full of patterns so the drone can fly flawlessly over it.

I don't know exactly what's the cause of the problem as I don't know the exact mechanism and behavior of the drone but it definitely has a VPS (visual positioning system) that during the flight keep looking for patterns that can help positioning the drone. So if the ground you're flying your drone over has no patterns that the drone could stick to or it simply just can't see because of the low amount of light and it won't execute most of the commands you can find in the SDK (that's the reason why it's starts "randomly moving" without any command because it keeps looking for patterns).

SOLUTION: use the "rc a b c d" command. "RC" basically stands for "Remote Control" and the corresponding parameters mean the positions of the two sticks on a remote control. You can find the description of the command in the SDK.

This command is going to be executed no matter what. I reckon this is the one the phone app's are based on, too.  

I hope it helps, and I'm really sorry that the support is not able to answer this simply question and they let their customers find the solution out by their own. I'm sure many people have already contacted them with the very same issue.

Have a nice day!
csabull96
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules