2 dead ronin dji batteries used maybe 8 times
1843 6 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j_mac
lvl.1

Canada

I bought a ronin dji in june 2018 - it came with 2 batteries. I teach in a high school and over that time It's been used maybe 8 times since 2018. Fast forward 6mo. and we pulled the unit out to use for the first time and put the one battery in to charge while we used the other battery in the gimbal. The battery we put in to "charge" started flashing and I assumed it was fine.

Forward another handful of months and I decided to charge the battery that was on the M and use the battery we'd "charged". It didn't work so I assumed it lost charge - so I plugged it in to charge and used the low-power original battery. I then charged both. Or at least I thought I had. I realize now the one did charge, but the other was clearly faulting. But I only realized that late this fall when we pulled the unit out again to use and realized the two batteries had different lights flashing while charging. So I have a DJI-M with one functional battery, and a second battery that I don't believe ever worked. When I run the ronin assistant it says the battery is not a DJI intelligent Battery, whatever that means. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem?

I can see by this thread (https://forum.dji.com/thread-95967-2-1.html) this is a common problem. I don't have the luxury of being able to replace the non-functional battery as the purchase was the result of saving up a few years of funds. Money isn't readily available in education. I'm hoping you guys can give me some options here.

thanks.
1.png
2020-1-10
Use props
j_mac
lvl.1

Canada

Nuts, thought I could edit after I posted. To clarify, the unit's a Ronin M.

And to clarify, the title 2 dead batteries is perhaps a bit misleading in that one is completely non-functional and the other one is only partly functional (it seems to run about 1h max before needing recharging instead of the 3h that I read in the specs). The one functional battery has about 8h of use on it (at a guess) while the other one wasn't ever used.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi j_mac, we apologize for the troubles with the battery, for the non-functional battery, please double check if the connector of the gimbal and the battery is dirty and clean it up. Then make sure the battery is inserted tightly and lock the knob. Please also ensure the firmware of the GCU and IMU has been updated to the latest version.
If the issue persists and the battery cannot be charged at all, it could be damaged, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2020-1-10
Use props
j_mac
lvl.1

Canada

DJI support solution: if you leave the battery uncharged for a period of time it will drop below levels that the Intelligent Battery System can work and it's now garbage.

Are you kidding. An 18 month old battery that I attempted to charge a few times over that period, but was never used and your solution is to buy another one. Thanks. Not going to happen.

Too bad, the DJI Ronin M gimbal is great, but your engineers either purposefully designed a system that would cause batteries to become inoperable unless users constantly charge them, or are inept and didn't think some people would put a rechargeable battery in a cupboard for 3mo. before using it. Either way, I won't be either purchasing or recommending DJI to ANYONE. You KNOW it's a problem (2700+ search results for "battery won't charge" on your forums), the threads about battery failures are all over your website yet your solution is to force the user to buy another one. Not cool.
2020-1-22
Use props
fans2b54c61e
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 20:03
Hi j_mac, we apologize for the troubles with the battery, for the non-functional battery, please double check if the connector of the gimbal and the battery is dirty and clean it up. Then make sure the battery is inserted tightly and lock the knob. Please also ensure the firmware of the GCU and IMU has been updated to the latest version.
If the issue persists and the battery cannot be charged at all, it could be damaged, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.

Connect your gimbale to your cell via Bluetooth, it  will wake-up the charging process, i have tried it and it did the  job!
2020-3-7
Use props
fans2b54c61e
lvl.1

Canada

j_mac Posted at 1-22 05:15
DJI support solution: if you leave the battery uncharged for a period of time it will drop below levels that the Intelligent Battery System can work and it's now garbage.

Are you kidding. An 18 month old battery that I attempted to charge a few times over that period, but was never used and your solution is to buy another one. Thanks. Not going to happen.

View full quote
Connect your gimbale to your cell via Bluetooth, it  will wake-up the charging process, i have tried it and it did the  job!
2020-3-7
Use props
fans2b54c61e
lvl.1

Canada

View full quote Connect your gimbale to your cell via Bluetooth, it  will wake-up the charging process, i have tried it and it did the  job!
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules