3857 4 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Korrd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13270226 ft
Argentina

Hi there!
I got my first drone, a Mavic Mini, a few weeks ago. I must say I'm pretty amazed at what this little bird can do. I totally love it!

I will be travelling through Europe during January/February, and I was wondering if the American, FCC version can actually fly there, or if there are actual flight restrictions that would prevent it from taking off.

2020-1-10
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

Looks like there is quite a bit of information online. Here is some info on the Switzerland Drone Regulations.

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-switzerland/
2020-1-10
Use props
Korrd
lvl.4
Argentina

Regarding laws on different countries, I've already gathered enough info so I can fly without breaking any laws.

My question is related to radio regulations and DJI restrictions for flying it on a different region from the one this drone was made for.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. When using an FCC aircraft in a country or area that does not support 5.8 GHz, DJI Fly will pop up a warning then you can fly it in countries and regions of FCC and SRRC, as well as 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. In an unobstructed environment free of interference, the FCC Mavic Mini’s max image transmission distance can reach 4 km in the FCC countries and regions,can reach 2.5 km in the SRRC countries and regions, and can reach 500 m in 5.8 GHz-supported CE countries and regions. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
Korrd
lvl.4
Argentina

Thanks for your reply.

Btw, do you have a list or a map where I can check the different regions based on countries?
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules