Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Repair Progress
1035 8 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
Captain
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

After just two flights, my RC no longer connected to my mobile device or to my computer so I had to open up a repair ticket with DJI. Though the process takes time, it's been fairly painless so far. DJI has done a great job of keeping me up to date on the progress. At the present time my RC is still in sunny California being worked on. I do like the timeline they use.  But I don't like the use of the word "damaged" because it's never been dropped/abused and I've never struggled with connecting the cable to it. But it is what it is. They also keep you informed via emails, which is nice. Can someone please tell me what a "button board" is? Is it some sort of internal component?
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 10.26.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 10.10.30 AM.png

2020-1-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a guess, but I would have to think it maybe the internal circuit board that has the power and RTH buttons on it. And I think the term damaged is just a vague term they use to simply mean that was the problem. Even it the board just came off the production line, if something was wrong that it didn't work properly, it would be deemed as damaged. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone actually damaged it. I don't think they'd honor the warranty otherwise. But it is kind of a awkward feeling to see that term used in that way though so I know what you mean.
2020-1-10
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

JodyB Posted at 1-10 08:45
Just a guess, but I would have to think it maybe the internal circuit board that has the power and RTH buttons on it. And I think the term damaged is just a vague term they use to simply mean that was the problem. Even it the board just came off the production line, if something was wrong that it didn't work properly, it would be deemed as damaged. It doesn't necessarily mean that someone actually damaged it. I don't think they'd honor the warranty otherwise. But it is kind of a awkward feeling to see that term used in that way though so I know what you mean.

That's what I felt as well, that's some internal circuit board. I was thinking that the port itself was bad so the term "button board" was a new one on me. Perhaps the port is part of it? Yeah, it is awkward to see the term "damaged" used in conjunction with something you did not damage. At least they are honoring the warranty and I am glad for that.

Latest update now is that it's in QA.
2020-1-10
Use props
rasworth
lvl.4
United States

If you want to see how the remote controller is put together watch this video:

https://www.covertdrones.com/pag ... remote-modification

Richard Southworth
2020-1-10
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tervist Posted at 1-10 10:19
That's what I felt as well, that's some internal circuit board. I was thinking that the port itself was bad so the term "button board" was a new one on me. Perhaps the port is part of it? Yeah, it is awkward to see the term "damaged" used in conjunction with something you did not damage. At least they are honoring the warranty and I am glad for that.

Latest update now is that it's in QA.

For kicks and giggles I watched the video that rasworth shared, the guy in the video even referred to it as the button board and it did look like that the USB port is attached to that board as well.
2020-1-10
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

rasworth Posted at 1-10 10:25
If you want to see how the remote controller is put together watch this video:

https://www.covertdrones.com/pages/dji-mavic-mini-remote-modification

Thanks! That was very helpful.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tervist, sorry for the troubles with the RC, as JodyB mentioned, the 'Damage Accessed' is just a vague term for locating which parts need to be repaired no matter whether there is physical damage.
The RC was evaluated as Micro USB port failure, the button board is an internal circuit board which is attached to the USB port, our repair center will take care of it, hope you will get the RC back soon.
2020-1-10
Use props
Tervist
Captain
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 19:02
Hi Tervist, sorry for the troubles with the RC, as JodyB mentioned, the 'Damage Accessed' is just a vague term for locating which parts need to be repaired no matter whether there is physical damage.
The RC was evaluated as Micro USB port failure, the button board is an internal circuit board which is attached to the USB port, our repair center will take care of it, hope you will get the RC back soon.

Thank you for your reply and for verifying that the button board works in conjunction with the USB port. It all makes sense now. The RC has passed your QA process will be shipped back in a day or two. Looking forward to playing with my MM when it arrives.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tervist Posted at 1-10 20:47
Thank you for your reply and for verifying that the button board works in conjunction with the USB port. It all makes sense now. The RC has passed your QA process will be shipped back in a day or two. Looking forward to playing with my MM when it arrives.

You are welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concerns.
2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules