Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating Vision Sensors trouble
1988 11 2020-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilm671
lvl.1
United States

I have tried on 2 different computers to calibrate my vision sensors. I have adjusted the screen resolution.  Everything is updated. Nothing works.  I start the calibration within DJI 2 and it asks me to input the screen resolution.  Not sure what to put there. Last one was 1600*900.  The follow the 4 steps and the Calibrate now button is grayed out. If I can get it into full screen, there is no grid.  Please help!
2020-1-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm, only thing I can think of is to set the resolution on your actual monitor to standard 720p (1280x720), and then start up Ass2 and try again.
That suggested, my laptop is set to 1920x1080 and Ass2 (v1.2.5) calibration works fine.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to clean the vision sensor with a clean cloth to see if the problem persists? Also, a display that’s 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). If the problem persists, kindly please restart the PC and aircraft multiple times. In addition, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 to avoid any errors. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-1-10
Use props
neilm671
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 15:22
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to clean the vision sensor with a clean cloth to see if the problem persists? Also, a display that’s 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). If the problem persists, kindly please restart the PC and aircraft multiple times. In addition, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 to avoid any errors. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Still no grid.  Everything is updated as I stated in my original post.  Sensors are now cleaned. Restarted several times.  Any more suggestions?
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

neilm671 Posted at 1-12 06:13
Still no grid.  Everything is updated as I stated in my original post.  Sensors are now cleaned. Restarted several times.  Any more suggestions?

Hi, thank you for your response. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-1-12
Use props
neilm671
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 14:28
Hi, thank you for your response. Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support

The problem is on the computer though not the drone.  Should I be able to calibrate the drone using a Microsoft Surface Tablet?
2020-1-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As you say, the problem is with the PC, not the drone. Problems getting calibration to run have in the past been caused by Windows preventing the Vision drivers from being installed (when Ass2 is installed). The Vision drivers are required for the two-way communication which allows the app to "see" what the drone sees. The issue was due to the drivers not being properly digitally signed, so Windows skipped past them on install - but I thought that issue had been resolved with recent Ass2 versions.

Perhaps the old fix is worth a try? Have you tried installing Ass2 with driver signature enforcement disabled on your PC? If not, uninstall Ass2 and reboot the PC in debug mode, selecting the option to disable driver signature enforcement on boot up (Google "driver signature enforcement disable"). Then install Ass2 again. When the CMD box opens to install those drivers from DOS (it's a black box on the screen), you'll be prompted as to whether you want to installl them, and you say "Yes". Of course, if DJI have fixed the driver signatures, all drivers should just install OK without intervention.
2020-1-14
Use props
neilm671
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 1-14 12:29
As you say, the problem is with the PC, not the drone. Problems getting calibration to run have in the past been caused by Windows preventing the Vision drivers from being installed (when Ass2 is installed). The Vision drivers are required for the two-way communication which allows the app to "see"what the drone sees. The issue was due to the drivers not being properly digitally signed, so Windows skipped past them on install - but I thought that issue had been resolved with recent Ass2 versions.

Perhaps the old fix is worth a try? Have you tried installing Ass2 with driver signature enforcement disabled on your PC? If not, uninstall Ass2 and reboot the PC in debug mode, selecting the option to disable driver signature enforcement on boot up (Google "driver signature enforcement disable"). Then install Ass2 again. When the CMD box opens to install those drivers from DOS (it's a black box on the screen), you'll be prompted as to whether you want to installl them, and you say "Yes". Of course, if DJI have fixed the driver signatures, all drivers should just install OK without intervention.

How do I start the PC in debug mode?  Is it F5?
2020-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

neilm671 Posted at 1-14 14:57
How do I start the PC in debug mode?  Is it F5?

I probably shouldn't have said "debug mode".  Follow the steps in Option 2 detailed <here>
2020-1-14
Use props
neilm671
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 1-14 19:05
I probably shouldn't have said "debug mode".  Follow the steps in Option 2 detailed

Im sorry to be bother, Option 2 asked me my recovery key to Bitlocker.  Any idea what the is?
2020-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

neilm671 Posted at 1-15 13:39
Im sorry to be bother, Option 2 asked me my recovery key to Bitlocker.  Any idea what the is?

Your device has encryption enabled (are you running Windows 10 Pro?)
I googled it: https://support.microsoft.com/en ... locker-recovery-key

2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

neilm671 Posted at 1-13 15:29
The problem is on the computer though not the drone.  Should I be able to calibrate the drone using a Microsoft Surface Tablet?

We can only calibrate the vision sensor of the DJI Spark using a PC, we cannot use tablet. Thank you!
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules