new FW V01.00.0650-No flight log
2959 29 2020-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

therefore, after the update, I have not had a flight log of the last three flights
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync your flight records on the DJI Go 4 application and try to restart your DJI Smart Controller to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please clarify that this only happens after the firmware update? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-11
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 08:39
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync your flight records on the DJI Go 4 application and try to restart your DJI Smart Controller to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please clarify that this only happens after the firmware update? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

yes it is from the FW update from .530 to .560. I updated yesterday between two flights and the first one was neatly saved, and the flight after the update is not , just like the two flights as of today. I reinstalled FW by DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and after that tried to reinstall DJI go4 .028 but after downloading the DJI Go4 application it says the package appears to be corupted. I tried 4 times, and 5-th time I downloaded the application on my PC, copied it to a card , inserted in SC and again the same thing. I'll make another flight tonight to see if there are any changes.
2020-1-11
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

Same here.
SC was perfect before the update.

Now, no flight logs showing.
Also, can't connect to PC to transfer files.
I connect to the PC, there is no 'connection' sound and it does not appear in Windows Explorer.
It also does not appear under hardware device manager.
A notice DOES come up that it is charging under slow mode.
So the SC has a physical connection to the PC.
But now the PC does not recognize the SC as a portable device or USB connection or anything.

edit: Using the SC file browser to check for flight records.
All my previous flight records have been stored under:
SanDisk SD card / DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

After update, new flights are now stored in Internal DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord

And now the new ones that are now being stored in Internal aren't listed in the Flight Data screen on the SC,and can't be synced with DJI servers.

2020-1-11
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
United States

Also, the SC will no longer connect to DJI Assistant v 2.0.10.
As I wrote in last post, the PC does not 'know' a portable device has been plugged in, so Assistant also can't connect
2020-1-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Same thing here. Flight log of today was not visible. Changing the "default storage location" to internal, the missing flight log turns up. Synchronized my logs. Changed the "default storage location" to SD. Flight log is missing again. Meanwhile I synchronized the app on my phone and see the logs there too. Synchronising in the end the SC again and the logs are back.

I now wonder ... will the SC store new logs on the internal storage again and will I have the same problem.

Since the logs are stored by the app, I feel the problem is not the SC, but the DJI Go 4.3.28 app, which writes hardcoded the logs still to internal storage instead of what is setup as "default storage location" on the SC.
2020-1-11
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

JohnDG Posted at 1-11 10:33
Same thing here. Flight log of today was not visible. Changing the "default storage location" to internal, the missing flight log turns up. Synchronized my logs. Changed the "default storage location" to SD. Flight log is missing again. Meanwhile I synchronized the app on my phone and see the logs there too. Synchronising in the end the SC again and the logs are back.

I now wonder ... will the SC store new logs on the internal storage again and will I have the same problem.

i did as you wrote and it is the same thing with me. Unfortunately, since I reinstalled FW earlier today, I've lost three previous logos, but at least I have this last one
2020-1-11
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915279 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 08:39
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to sync your flight records on the DJI Go 4 application and try to restart your DJI Smart Controller to see if the problem persists? Also, can you please clarify that this only happens after the firmware update? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I had the same after updating my smart controler to 1.00.650 today the logbook did not record anything anymore…
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Gjuro Posted at 1-11 09:27
yes it is from the FW update from .530 to .560. I updated yesterday between two flights and the first one was neatly saved, and the flight after the update is not , just like the two flights as of today. I reinstalled FW by DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and after that tried to reinstall DJI go4 .028 but after downloading the DJI Go4 application it says the package appears to be corupted. I tried 4 times, and 5-th time I downloaded the application on my PC, copied it to a card , inserted in SC and again the same thing. I'll make another flight tonight to see if there are any changes.

Thank you for your response, please let us know about the updates on your test flight tomorrow for us to further isolate the issue. Also, I already forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-11 13:37
I had the same after updating my smart controler to 1.00.650 today the logbook did not record anything anymore…

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Did you already try to sync all of your flight records and try to restart the DJI smart controller to see if the problem persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 16:11
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Did you already try to sync all of your flight records and try to restart the DJI smart controller to see if the problem persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I did first, without changing the default location. No result after boot. When changing the default location to internal, immediatly I got my lost log. Changing the default location to sd, lost again. So, I synchronised logs with the dji cloud when I was on internal storage. And synchronised again after changing the default storage to sd. It's good as a workaround to get "lost" logs, but not a definit solution.
2020-1-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 16:10
Thank you for your response, please let us know about the updates on your test flight tomorrow for us to further isolate the issue. Also, I already forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi Gamora,

just did a test flight in my garden.

- default storage = SD. Did test flight. After testflight no log of my last flight
- changed the default storage to internal. And the log of my last flight is visible
- changed the default storage back to SD. Flight log not visible.

Reboot after each stage stated above.
It is clearly that the logs are always recorded on the internal storage, whatever you define as default storage.
However the DJI go 4 app reads the logs from what is set as default storage.

As workaround you can change the default storage to internal, synchronise your data with the DJI cloud. Then change the default storage to SD and synchronise again to get your last logs from DJI cloud.

Hope this can be set straight soon. Thanks in advance.
2020-1-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

JohnDG Posted at 1-12 03:55
Hi Gamora,

It is really disapointing we were waiting so long for new FW and now when it is out it has even bugs in so basic functionalities. DJI are you even testing new firmwares before release?
2020-1-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

DH_Pilot Posted at 1-12 05:49
It is really disapointing we were waiting so long for new FW and now when it is out it has even bugs in so basic functionalities. DJI are you even testing new firmwares before release?

I am into IT and believe me that you really can't think of situation people use your product. In this case I got the feeling that the problem is not the firmware, but the Go 4 app. Probably the firmware and the app are handled by two different teams. Yes, they should have tested better and also the use on the standard controller and the SC. This kind of problem should be tackled fast, it's a minor technical problem. Hope to see an updated Go 4 app or firmware quite soon from DJI.
2020-1-12
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 16:10

today i did three more flights and i can confirm that flight logs are saved to internal memory, i simply synchronized flights while internal memory was set to default and then switched to external memory and re-synchronized so that all flights are saved.I claim DJI Go4 v.028 has nothing to do with it since I installed it before the v.0560 firmware update and by then the smartcontroller was saving logs as before.
2020-1-12
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 16:11

I did sync more than 20 times, I restarted the smart controller 5 times. Nothing works. The standard controler works fine.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JohnDG Posted at 1-12 03:55
Hi Gamora,

Hi, John. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the problem using your own troubleshooting while we are waiting on the update of the said issue. Great job John. I will surely let you know once I already have an update on the said issue. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-1-12
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
United States

Success!
Factory reset completed.
SC updated to newest .0650.
Assistant 2 working.

Method I did:

1) Reformatted SD card
2) Factory reset
3) Start DJI Assistant 2
3) Turn on SC (USB debug is on by default. If not, turn it on) and plug into computer
4) DON'T select USB transfer method/charging - don't touch the SC!
5) It will 'bing-bong' twice, and DJI Assistant 2 will now show SC
6) click the SC, and on the version screen, select .065 refresh
7) It will do it's thing, pausing awhile at 16%, and at 98% then will reboot 2x
8) will then come up with 100% complete

I tried so many things.
Last thing I did was uninstall Assistant and remove all registery entries.
No luck.

Also interesting, the factory reset didn't downgrade the firmware.
It still read .065. So no-rollback means EVER, unless you can use Assistant 2.

And some notes on the factory reset:
Most your settings are saved, like gimble settings, max altitude, rth altitude etc
The time reset to China, and my camera was switched to AFC.

Firmware updates:
The flight records are now saved to Internal memory even if you have 'save to SD card' setting:
Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
If you want to have them sync to your flight records/DJI,
in the SC file manager, browse to that location/file, long press it, and copy (or move) to:
SD card\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
Now it will show up on the home page flight records and can be synced with DJI
2020-1-12
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Netherlands

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-12 11:52
I did sync more than 20 times, I restarted the smart controller 5 times. Nothing works. The standard controler works fine.

Also yhe UI crashes every time i start the SC "SYSTEM UI HAS STOPPED"
20200113_120030.jpg
2020-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

capthook Posted at 1-11 09:28
Same here.
SC was perfect before the update.

I was on beta version , my flight mileage never appeared on my record this going back 4 months .
2020-1-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-13 03:02

Try updating again using the DJI assistent 2 for mavic. See that you have the latest version of it.
2020-1-13
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 1-13 10:01
Try updating again using the DJI assistent 2 for mavic. See that you have the latest version of it.

Can not link my smart controller to dji assistent……… tried 2 computers 5 cables.

Tried to do the same with my drone mavic2 no problem
2020-1-15
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-15 08:01
Can not link my smart controller to dji assistent……… tried 2 computers 5 cables.

Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound good. You should at least be able to connect to the sc to install the firmware again.
Think you better take contact where you purchased the sc or DJI.
2020-1-15
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

if you can go into the settings do a factory data reset
2020-1-15
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-13 03:02

if you can go into the settings do a factory data reset.first synchronize flight logs on your phone or something (I installed the DJI Go4 app on my smartphone) before doing this because the controller will delete everything if I'm not mistaken
2020-1-15
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Bob Draijer Posted at 1-15 08:01

the SC must be in USB debugging mode an the will saw in DJIassistant2 2.0.10
2020-1-15
Use props
Christof3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8046640 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi
I have also followed the problems with the 0650 software for the Smart controller and may have found another problem.
Under "Settings" , "Tones" , "Other tones" the first 3 points cannot be switched on.
Under the software 0530 were still running without problems.
Does anyone else have the problem since the update.

Greeting
2020-1-16
Use props
Christof3
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Made another video!

2020-1-16
Use props
Christof3
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/wqiCg9GQ
2020-1-16
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

Glad I read this thread, I was about to update my smart controller.  I am thinking it is best to not update anything anymore.  
2020-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules