Mavic Air Best Tablet
3560 6 2020-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wW3OuH1988tP
lvl.1

United States

I'm a new DJI Mavic Air owner, but I'm an old RCer and sport drone enthusiast.  I'm 74 and my eyes just aren't what they used to be, so I'm having a bit of a problem viewing my Note 8 attached to my controller.  I've been Googleing to try to find recommendations on a descent 8 to 10 inch tablet that will work best for my Air.  I have a Samsung Tab E on hand, but I keep seeing post that say its processor is too slow.  But the main problem I'm having is most of the posts I see while looking for recommendations date back to 2017.  So I thought I'd give the forum a try for some up-to-date recommendations.  Understand, I can't spend a huge amount for a tablet since it will be totally dedicated to my drone.  But any good recommendations on a tablet that will work well with current firmware will be greatly appreciated.
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for inquiring on what is the best tablet for the DJI Mavic Air on this matter. I would recommended you to choose a tablet that is recommended by DJI for the DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air for reference. In addition I hope that our valued DJI co pilots who has the DJI Mavic Air will be able to give out there best feedback with regards to this matter. Thank you.

2020-1-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Ipad Mini 4 and 5 will fit in the jaws of the MA controller like a normal phone does.

I've have had my Mini 4 for 4 years using DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly and it hasn't once crashed or glitched.

Don't be tempted to get an earlier Ipad Mini as the 2 and 3 model don't have enough processing power to run the DJI Go 4

2020-1-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with lannes.  My mini 2 doesn't have enough ram to ran My zoom.
My mini 4 handles it with no problems.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_wW3OuH1988tP
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 1-11 21:21
The Ipad Mini 4 and 5 will fit in the jaws of the MA controller like a normal phone does.

I've have had my Mini 4 for 4 years using DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly and it hasn't once crashed or glitched.

Thanks for the recommendation.  In my research. I saw a lot of positive reviews on the Mini 4, and even though I'm not an Apple fan, I think I'll start looking for a good deal on a Mini 4.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_wW3OuH1988tP
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 1-11 21:21

I've have had my Mini 4 for 4 years using DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly and it hasn't once crashed or glitched.

Actually, I just finished shopping for a Mini 4.  But, I found that I can get an Ipad Air 2 16GB for less money and have a 9.7" screen.  I know that will take a tablet holder, but I need as much viewing area as i can get. I also verified that the Air 2 is on DJI's approved list for the Mavic. If I'm overlooking something and the Air 2 is not a good choice, please let me know.  Thanks...
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_wW3OuH1988tP Posted at 1-12 13:03
Actually, I just finished shopping for a Mini 4.  But, I found that I can get an Ipad Air 2 16GB for less money and have a 9.7" screen.  I know that will take a tablet holder, but I need as much viewing area as i can get. I also verified that the Air 2 is on DJI's approved list for the Mavic. If I'm overlooking something and the Air 2 is not a good choice, please let me know.  Thanks...

The Ipad Air 2 has the better spec compared to the Mini 4, so it will have not have any problems running DJI Fly and DJI Go 4

For me the form factor is why I stopped using the 9.7 in Ipads, just a bit more cumbersome and un-balanced using the mount in the smaller Mavic controllers
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules