Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini and DJI Flight Simulator
1076 14 1-11 17:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure if everyone knows you can use the Mavic Mini remote controller with the DJI Flight Simulator

The Mavic Mini's flight characteristics are not yet simulated, but you can fly the Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic P2 etc.
The Spark is the closest simulation to the Mavic Mini

• The Mavic Mini RC does not have as many buttons as the other AC remotes, so you'll need to rely on the keyboard to select some of the options.
  • You can navigate around the app via two methods, Keyboard WSAD keys or  the joysitcks once the controller has been connected, the keyboard and  joysitck work at the same time with enter and ESC working in both.
  • All of the relevant remote controller buttons work such as RTH, shutter  button, gimbal control but the functions set in the DJI Fly app are not  supported.

For example : as the MM remote does not have a C2 button, you need to use the keyboard "C" key to toggle the views from drone to camera view.

To get the MM controller recognised by the Flight Simulator you need to run a driver application specific to the DJI Flight simulator, this works with Windows 10

• Download and install the flight simulator

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... p2ebF8aAhdXEALw_wcB

• In the FS application folder on the C drive   C:/program files (x86)/ DJI Flight Simulator run the driver program dji_usb_5512_64_108 (see picture)

I find it better to turn on and connect the MM RC to the computer after logging in and starting the FS.

It's great to practice if your house bound due to the weather, so have fun

PS: the FS application commands are bit quirky

dji flight simulator drivers.JPG
1-11 17:22
Use props
fanscc4486a7
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for this. While I installed the DJI Simulator, I had not tried it until I saw your post as I didn’t think it would work with my Mavic Mini. I tried it after seeing your post. I plugged in my controller, turned it on , turned on the Mavic Mini and it worked. The only thing I would add is that the full list of keyboard commands can be found under the Settings...Keyboard menu option, Thanks for your post.
1-17 05:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
First Officer
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Great info and perfect directions.  I concur that the FS application commands are bit quirky.  Thanks for sharing this information.
1-17 05:54
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1233320 ft
Italy

Thanks for the info, After my 1st fly-away I wrote a piece advising beginners to train on the simulator

https://m80stake.blogspot.com/20 ... fety-tips-from.html

But we have to persist suggesting it, that came to my knowledge only AFTER I've had my fly-away... not that it would be of any help against my particular case, but had I knew about the sim I surely would have trained a bit with it rather than flying directly on the real drone.
1-17 08:48
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155069 ft
United Kingdom

How does this actually work??
1-17 11:16
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-17 11:16
How does this actually work??

Can you be more specific in your question ?

1-17 18:15
Use props
GaryDoug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24843 ft
United States

How much does this cost? I see there is a free "trial" version but that usually means it is time limited. I don't see a price for it after that.
1-17 20:14
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-17 20:14
How much does this cost? I see there is a free "trial" version but that usually means it is time limited. I don't see a price for it after that.

The free version limit's you to the types of environments you can fly in and the scenario's you can set.

There is no time limit, just a restricted license

1-17 20:57
Use props
GaryDoug
lvl.4
United States

Too cryptic for me. Can't even start a flight. Useless POS bloatware.
1-18 11:33
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-18 11:33
Too cryptic for me. Can't even start a flight. Useless POS bloatware.

Here's the manual, it's actually pretty straight forward

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.2_EN.pdf
1-18 14:09
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155069 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-17 18:15
Can you be more specific in your question ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_XKPgr0oo

Thank you for that video, answers my question. Thanks again
1-19 16:29
Use props
GaryDoug
lvl.4
United States

Not working for me, probably because I do not have a gamer's pc. Too bad.
1-19 20:52
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-19 20:52

According to DJI Gamora

DJI Flight Simulator supports the Win10 64-bit operating system.

• Minimum System requirements: Processor: G4560; Graphics: GTX 1050 Ti; Memory: 16GB RAM; HDD: 80GB Free
  • Recommended System requirements: Processor: i5-6400; Graphics: GTX 1060 or GTX 1070; Memory: 16GB RAM; HDD: SSD+80GB Free
  • Optimal System requirements: Processor: i7-7700; Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti; Memory: 32GB RAM; HDD: SSD+80GB Free.

Your right dedicated GPU's are indeed part of a gamer pc or laptop

1-19 21:18
Use props
MBender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-19 20:52

Not wishing to be mean, but at the moment that sounds like a "user error".

If you're having trouble running the sim we could probably help if you posted a more detailed description of where you're stuck at and / or a screenshot. For the record, the simulation probably doesn't need a "gaming" PC... however the end-result might be a bit choppy FPS-wise.

On a side note: the local DJI store had the app running with one of the more "potent" RCs hooked up, but running on a potato PC... I have no idea why they didn't invest a bit into getting better hardware for demo purposes; marketing 101!
1-20 04:59
Use props
GaryDoug
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 1-19 21:18
According to DJI Gamora

DJI Flight Simulator supports the Win10 64-bit operating system.

Yep, that minimum card is about $150-200 and the recommended one is about $300. The optimal one is about $1000.
1-20 15:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules