48094 50 2020-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure if everyone knows you can use the Mavic Mini remote controller with the DJI Flight Simulator

The Mavic Mini's flight characteristics are not yet simulated, but you can fly the Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic P2 etc.
The Spark is the closest simulation to the Mavic Mini

• The Mavic Mini RC does not have as many buttons as the other AC remotes, so you'll need to rely on the keyboard to select some of the options.
  • You can navigate around the app via two methods, Keyboard WSAD keys or  the joysitcks once the controller has been connected, the keyboard and  joysitck work at the same time with enter and ESC working in both.
  • All of the relevant remote controller buttons work such as RTH, shutter  button, gimbal control but the functions set in the DJI Fly app are not  supported.

For example : as the MM remote does not have a C2 button, you need to use the keyboard "C" key to toggle the views from drone to camera view.

To get the MM controller recognised by the Flight Simulator you need to run a driver application specific to the DJI Flight simulator, this works with Windows 10

• Download and install the flight simulator

https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... p2ebF8aAhdXEALw_wcB

• In the FS application folder on the C drive   C:/program files (x86)/ DJI Flight Simulator run the driver program dji_usb_5512_64_108 (see picture)

I find it better to turn on and connect the MM RC to the computer after logging in and starting the FS.

It's great to practice if your house bound due to the weather, so have fun

PS: the FS application commands are bit quirky

dji flight simulator drivers.JPG
2020-1-11
Use props
fanscc4486a7
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for this. While I installed the DJI Simulator, I had not tried it until I saw your post as I didn’t think it would work with my Mavic Mini. I tried it after seeing your post. I plugged in my controller, turned it on , turned on the Mavic Mini and it worked. The only thing I would add is that the full list of keyboard commands can be found under the Settings...Keyboard menu option, Thanks for your post.
2020-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great info and perfect directions.  I concur that the FS application commands are bit quirky.  Thanks for sharing this information.
2020-1-17
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Thanks for the info, After my 1st fly-away I wrote a piece advising beginners to train on the simulator

https://m80stake.blogspot.com/20 ... fety-tips-from.html

But we have to persist suggesting it, that came to my knowledge only AFTER I've had my fly-away... not that it would be of any help against my particular case, but had I knew about the sim I surely would have trained a bit with it rather than flying directly on the real drone.
2020-1-17
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

How does this actually work??
2020-1-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-17 11:16
How does this actually work??

Can you be more specific in your question ?

2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much does this cost? I see there is a free "trial" version but that usually means it is time limited. I don't see a price for it after that.
2020-1-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-17 20:14
How much does this cost? I see there is a free "trial" version but that usually means it is time limited. I don't see a price for it after that.

The free version limit's you to the types of environments you can fly in and the scenario's you can set.

There is no time limit, just a restricted license

2020-1-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Too cryptic for me. Can't even start a flight. Useless POS bloatware.
2020-1-18
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-18 11:33
Too cryptic for me. Can't even start a flight. Useless POS bloatware.

Here's the manual, it's actually pretty straight forward

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.2_EN.pdf
2020-1-18
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 1-17 18:15
Can you be more specific in your question ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_XKPgr0oo

Thank you for that video, answers my question. Thanks again
2020-1-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not working for me, probably because I do not have a gamer's pc. Too bad.
2020-1-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-19 20:52

According to DJI Gamora

DJI Flight Simulator supports the Win10 64-bit operating system.

• Minimum System requirements: Processor: G4560; Graphics: GTX 1050 Ti; Memory: 16GB RAM; HDD: 80GB Free
  • Recommended System requirements: Processor: i5-6400; Graphics: GTX 1060 or GTX 1070; Memory: 16GB RAM; HDD: SSD+80GB Free
  • Optimal System requirements: Processor: i7-7700; Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti; Memory: 32GB RAM; HDD: SSD+80GB Free.

Your right dedicated GPU's are indeed part of a gamer pc or laptop

2020-1-19
Use props
MBender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807116 ft
Poland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-19 20:52

Not wishing to be mean, but at the moment that sounds like a "user error".

If you're having trouble running the sim we could probably help if you posted a more detailed description of where you're stuck at and / or a screenshot. For the record, the simulation probably doesn't need a "gaming" PC... however the end-result might be a bit choppy FPS-wise.

On a side note: the local DJI store had the app running with one of the more "potent" RCs hooked up, but running on a potato PC... I have no idea why they didn't invest a bit into getting better hardware for demo purposes; marketing 101!
2020-1-20
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 1-19 21:18
According to DJI Gamora

DJI Flight Simulator supports the Win10 64-bit operating system.

Yep, that minimum card is about $150-200 and the recommended one is about $300. The optimal one is about $1000.
2020-1-20
Use props
fans5be22a03
New
Flight distance : 6001 ft

Brazil

Mavic Mini RC+PC(win10)+DJI Sim: It worked, flawless!

- Installed Dji Assintant 2,
- then DJI Simulator,
- started the simulator and
- Turned on the Mavic Mini RC.
- Connected a data-capable USB (not those that are used exclusively to charge devices)
- selected the Spark model
- all working!

Would like to see the Mavic Mini model added to the simulator now...

BTW, my PC is below minimal specs: i5, 8GB RAM, GTX760

2020-2-23
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Works fine for me as well... I am thinking of keeping it fit with it
2020-3-29
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

m80116 Posted at 3-29 08:36
Works fine for me as well... I am thinking of keeping it fit with it
[view_image]

So, I just need to connect RC to PC...not Mini...?
...can't get it to work...
2020-4-3
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

And turn the RC on probably... I don't remember now. The MM has no purpose with the software.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_lhJzuTT6oL3Y
New

Philippines

I got mine working. Its was the cable. I have 5 cables, only worked with one of them. Also try disconnecting other USB devices. Mine worked when I disconnected the multi card reader. Weird but now its working.
I also installed Dji Assistant 2 and ran it first. There's a part there that asks you to connect the USB, that's how I knew which cable worked.
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_M2PQiTVuQ09m
New
Flight distance : 13504 ft
United States

I followed the instructions and still not working. I ran the dji_usb file then turned the simulator on, then plugged in the controller and then powered on and no response. even tried different drones and control modes. Please help
2020-4-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_M2PQiTVuQ09m Posted at 4-23 20:03
I followed the instructions and still not working. I ran the dji_usb file then turned the simulator on, then plugged in the controller and then powered on and no response. even tried different drones and control modes. Please help

Do you get the usb "connection" tone ?

It should sound once for connection and another time if it disconnects ?

Remember to "power on" the controller, like you were going to use it to fly.
2020-4-25
Use props
Y.C.Yuksel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33612 ft
Turkey

Great, It works, like it. Thanks for the information

2020-4-26
Use props
Airbag888
lvl.1

Mauritius

Thanks for the description to OP. I did not have to install any driver beyond the application itself.
My specs:
AMD Ryzen 2700x
32GB RAM
1080Ti card
Windows 10 Pro 1903
Mavic mini remote (1.05 firmware)

Works great, very smooth. Wish it would offre more resolutions and the mavic mini itself - Considering the last time this application was updated was around 1 yr ago I don't have high hopes.
Also wish the simulator featured similar very high quality graphics as when they are showcasing the drones at the drone selection stage.
Finally the keyboard shortcuts are a bit iffy.. sometimes they work sometimes not at all but considering there's 45km/h wind outside that's as much drone action as I'll get for maybe a week... and I bought the mavic 2 days ago.. did a 4min flight.. the wait is killing me haha
2020-4-29
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

DJI fly sim shortcuts

DJI fly sim shortcuts
I use Post it notes for KB shortcuts, still around for the moments I might use the sim.
2020-4-29
Use props
wannabedroni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158829 ft
United States

Thank you very much for the info.  Just getting ready to get a mini and I have a Mac computer.  Will the simulator work the same as with a PC? Do  How do I download it and are there special drivers required as well?  Thanx again Lannes Capitan
2020-5-11
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

wannabedroni Posted at 5-11 08:06
Thank you very much for the info.  Just getting ready to get a mini and I have a Mac computer.  Will the simulator work the same as with a PC? Do  How do I download it and are there special drivers required as well?  Thanx again Lannes Capitan

i dont see a launcher for mac yet at DJI website.
2020-5-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

wannabedroni Posted at 5-11 08:06

I don't think it will support a Mac natively as there is no IOS version or support
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_ZqaFBmYLj9Bd
lvl.1
United States

I can confirm this works pretty well on a thinkpad p50 - ram is important, and reducing resolution smooths things out on the basic built in laptop graphics.
2020-7-3
Use props
Volition
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691575 ft
Australia

Has anyone had any luck with a Mavic Air 2? I've followed the instructions with no success. Do you turn the drone on? Do you attach phone?

Thanks in advance guys would love to be able to do some extra air time on the simulator.
2020-8-5
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Volition Posted at 8-5 19:24
Has anyone had any luck with a Mavic Air 2? I've followed the instructions with no success. Do you turn the drone on? Do you attach phone?

Thanks in advance guys would love to be able to do some extra air time on the simulator.

It looks like the usb drivers for the MA2 on the simulator are not available
2020-8-5
Use props
Volition
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691575 ft
Australia

lannes Posted at 8-5 19:52
It looks like the usb drivers for the MA2 on the simulator are not available

But they are for the Mini? I wonder why for one and not the other?
2020-8-5
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Volition Posted at 8-5 22:35
But they are for the Mini? I wonder why for one and not the other?

The remote controller design for the Mavic Mini is nearly identical to all the remote controllers for the other DJI consumer drones is probably the reason why it works.

The MA2 remote controller is an entirely new design, which is probably why it can't use the old style usb drivers.
2020-8-5
Use props
tskdji
lvl.1

Hong Kong

lannes Posted at 8-5 23:29
The remote controller design for the Mavic Mini is nearly identical to all the remote controllers for the other DJI consumer drones is probably the reason why it works.

The MA2 remote controller is an entirely new design, which is probably why it can't use the old style usb drivers.

Hope that the DJI Flight Simulator will support Mavic Air 2 soon. For the time being, I can only use DJI Flight Simulator Lite within DJI Assistant 2, which is too primitive for any purpose.
2020-8-6
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

tskdji Posted at 8-6 21:52
Hope that the DJI Flight Simulator will support Mavic Air 2 soon. For the time being, I can only use DJI Flight Simulator Lite within DJI Assistant 2, which is too primitive for any purpose.

Do you have any other DJI drones, you should be able to use their controllers with DJI FS
2020-8-6
Use props
tskdji
lvl.1

Hong Kong

While DJI Flight Simulator does not yet support the remote controller of Mavic Air 2, does anybody has the idea of entirely using the keyboard to operate the Flight Simulator in the absence of any remote controller?
2020-8-6
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Thanks very much Lannes!
2020-9-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

tskdji Posted at 8-6 21:57
While DJI Flight Simulator does not yet support the remote controller of Mavic Air 2, does anybody has the idea of entirely using the keyboard to operate the Flight Simulator in the absence of any remote controller?

It would work, but then it's just like playing any other video game if you don't use the RC
2020-9-17
Use props
djiuser_i0mF9eUj5GC7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for this detailed post, very useful I had found the simulator and had been using it with an xbox wired controller whilst eagerly awaiting my Mavic Mini delivery, plugged in the controller to a known good USB data cable and it didn't work, but once I found this worked perfectly. Also worth noting on lower spec pc's better to go into the general setup and lower the simulators frame rate to 30fps and 720p much better than it stuttering trying to do the high res stuff! now going to get in some much needed early "simulated crashes" before taking my shiny new toy off the charger into the wilds of the nearest field.
2020-10-14
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

I tried it and  it working just fine with my Mavic Mini RC but i uninstalled a few hours later ..... the software really need optimizations .. and a lot ....  it's bad.    I have no idea what 3D engine they use  but it run poorly even if you have a high end computer. Well it's my opinion but they should have  asked a real game studio to make this for them and licence a proper 3D Engine ... heck even the open source UNITY engine run better than this.
2020-10-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules