Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need help! Micro Usb to lightning data transfer on mavic mini
3358 7 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
faj221
lvl.4
Flight distance : 608566 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I'm working on a video, " shooting and editing in 30 minutes" . Came across this challenge of video transfer from Drone, I use a SD card reader adapter to transfer files.

It'll be great if mavic mini support micro usb to lightning data transfer. (Currently remote cable doesn't work because of it's weird micro usb design)

Can anyone check if it's possible to use a micro USB to lightning cable for data transfer from Mavic mini to an iPhone/iPad if you have older Dji Products sitting around with the comparable cable?
2020-1-12
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Enen if a usb cable work, I think it will be slower than the way you use with a card reader.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day faj221. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this issue. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Apple usb 3.0 adapter works, just power up the a mini and plug the stock micro usb cable in, open up files on ipad and your content is there.
2020-1-12
Use props
faj221
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

TDZHDTV Posted at 1-12 09:58
Apple usb 3.0 adapter works, just power up the a mini and plug the stock micro usb cable in, open up files on ipad and your content is there.

Thanks for checking. It would have been nice if DJI just made the RC cable compatible with Drone. Thereby data transfer would be so easy.

Still don't know what was the reason behind making  micro USB cable a proprietary design for RC
2020-1-15
Use props
faj221
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 09:14
Hello and good day faj221. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this issue. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

Looking forward to hearing back about Micro USB to the lightning data transfer
2020-1-15
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

The RC seems to have a Micro USB-AB style connector.  These are used for devices that have "USB on the go" capability.  With USB-C becoming more popular, we may not see many of these, but they're a standard item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware

2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome faj221. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules