Can't activate new Mavic Mini (error 1112)
12Next >
11370 41 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
valeronm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10885584 ft
Ukraine

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with activation of newly bought Mavic Mini. The app says "Device activation prohibited. Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112)" and doesn't allow to proceed with activation.
I already contacted support about this (case #2544978) but only received a response asking to update firmware. So I refreshed to the firmware to 1.000.400 using DJI Assistant 2 but it didn't help and I haven't received any response about next steps yet.
What should I do to finally be able to use the Mavic Mini?
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day valeronm. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. May I know when and  where did you buy the DJI Mavic Mini? Is there anything abnormal with the package when the product is received? In addition, kindly please send me the serial number of the said drone through PM for me to be able to check. I will be sending you a PM on the result and on what information I have gathered. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-1-12
Use props
valeronm
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 11:40
Hello and good day valeronm. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. May I know when and  where did you buy the DJI Mavic Mini? Is there anything abnormal with the package when the product is received? In addition, kindly please send me the serial number of the said drone through PM for me to be able to check. I will be sending you a PM on the result and on what information I have gathered. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello Stephen.
I bought it from Ukrainian online store didi.ua. The package was fabric sealed and it wasn't having any signs of opening. I'll send serial number in several minutes. Thanks for helping.
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the reply and for providing these information valeronm. I will now check the serial number you have sent me through PM for me to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Unfortunately this might be the issue with your Mavic Mini

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151689-1-1.html

2020-1-12
Use props
valeronm
lvl.2
Ukraine

lannes Posted at 1-12 14:50
Unfortunately this might be the issue with your Mavic Mini

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151689-1-1.html

Thanks. I saw that thread. I still hope that the drone not stolen. Returning it to the store may be not easy and very time consuming.
2020-1-12
Use props
valeronm
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 12:12
Thank you for the reply and for providing these information valeronm. I will now check the serial number you have sent me through PM for me to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Hello Stephen. Are there any news from the serial number check?
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

valeronm Posted at 1-14 07:45
Hello Stephen. Are there any news from the serial number check?

Thank you for patiently waiting valeronm. I have sent you a PM with regards to the said matter. Kindly please check it is you have time. Thank you.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_LPf5DeQNhsnm
New

India

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 13:23
Thank you for patiently waiting valeronm. I have sent you a PM with regards to the said matter. Kindly please check it is you have time. Thank you.

I am having the same issue
2020-3-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Where did you get your drone from ?
2020-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activating your DJI Drone . Can you please send me the serial number of the said drone and send me where did you purchase the said drone as well through PM for me to check and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-3-14
Use props
fansef10dd65
lvl.1
United States

I am also having the same issue; however, it's with a new Mavic Air 2. I purchased it through the DJI store and it was shipped to me from Shenzhen. It arrived at my home a few days ago. I have updated everything fully, app, batteries, drone, and it is still failing with the same error as posted by the original requester.

We can take this to PM if required.
2020-5-16
Use props
fansdf0731b3
New
Flight distance : 149741 ft
United States

Did any of yall get the drone activated im have the same problem.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_fok9V3iIUF3t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75863 ft
United States

fansdf0731b3 Posted at 5-16 19:52
Did any of yall get the drone activated im have the same problem.

Yep, I am having the same problem. I bought mines just this week and got it Thursday, thought it'll be a breeze to fly through the setup today... a few hours tracking threads and this is all I could find. I do hope customer support can can resolve my problem as well on Monday >.> If not it's returning back to the manufacture, pretty disappointing, I wanted to take it out and get some photos out on my hike today too.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_DZDYGwL1YXTh
lvl.1

United States

Same activation error bought mine from drone nerds
2020-5-17
Use props
Jakub Tokarski
New
United Kingdom

I have same issue with my Mavic Air 2, can't activate it (1112) error.

I would appreciate some help on this.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_c8fM84pNJ8rQ
New

United States

fansef10dd65 Posted at 5-16 10:36
I am also having the same issue; however, it's with a new Mavic Air 2. I purchased it through the DJI store and it was shipped to me from Shenzhen. It arrived at my home a few days ago. I have updated everything fully, app, batteries, drone, and it is still failing with the same error as posted by the original requester.

We can take this to PM if required.

Im having the same problem with my Mavic air 2. Bought mine just as you did and came from same location.
2020-5-17
Use props
fansdf0731b3
New
United States

djiuser_fok9V3iIUF3t Posted at 5-16 21:00
Yep, I am having the same problem. I bought mines just this week and got it Thursday, thought it'll be a breeze to fly through the setup today... a few hours tracking threads and this is all I could find. I do hope customer support can can resolve my problem as well on Monday >.> If not it's returning back to the manufacture, pretty disappointing, I wanted to take it out and get some photos out on my hike today too.

Please let us all know if they can get it working and what works ive dont everything i can possibly do over the weekend and still no luck..
2020-5-17
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

fansdf0731b3 Posted at 5-17 18:14
Please let us all know if they can get it working and what works ive dont everything i can possibly do over the weekend and still no luck..

I got a response from DJI support today when I wrote them Friday evening. I was then transferred over to another department. I do hope I can get this resolved before the weekend or else I need to return the drone back to the seller before my return window closes. There was a guy on another forum that did not get it resolved and his return window passed. Feel bad for him since it's now a useless and expensive piece of hardware that he can't do anything with.

I did not pay $1000 for the fly more pack to have a drone that could or would not fly.. definitely was frustrating and a disappointment not being able to use it this past weekend on family's hiking trip.  
I'll keep you guys posted, if it gets resolved.
2020-5-18
Use props
fansdf0731b3
New
United States

Koob Posted at 5-18 08:57
I got a response from DJI support today when I wrote them Friday evening. I was then transferred over to another department. I do hope I can get this resolved before the weekend or else I need to return the drone back to the seller before my return window closes. There was a guy on another forum that did not get it resolved and his return window passed. Feel bad for him since it's now a useless and expensive piece of hardware that he can't do anything with.

I did not pay $1000 for the fly more pack to have a drone that could or would not fly.. definitely was frustrating and a disappointment not being able to use it this past weekend on family's hiking trip.  

I feel your pain im trying to do the same so i can return mine if it doesnt get resolved. I havent found a lot of people having the problems but most people i have found has bought one from the same place i have and that is b&h photography i hope they didnt get a bad batch or something. They are trying to help me also but DJI wont get back to me on anything. I was on hold for an hour just to be told i have to email them and i didnt but they wont respond. I dont have forever to wait.
2020-5-18
Use props
fansdf0731b3
New
United States

Koob Posted at 5-18 08:57

What phone or tablet are you using android or Apple? Im been having nothing but android was wondering if Apple users are having the same problem.
2020-5-18
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

fansdf0731b3 Posted at 5-18 12:45
What phone or tablet are you using android or Apple? Im been having nothing but android was wondering if Apple users are having the same problem.

Android, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. I am getting the message: "Device activation prohibited, Contact DJ support for assistance (1112)"

I just got an Email from support, they won't tell me what's wrong with my drone. Only to send it back to them for a replacement... That doesn't really tell me much except that it's somewhat defective.

Overall I guess there's really no way around it, so I'll have to Email exchange between Bestbuys and DJI so there's a mutual understanding of the situation, replacements, payments etc.

Good luck to me I guess, and good luck to you guys who are having the same problem.
2020-5-18
Use props
fansdf0731b3
New
United States

Koob Posted at 5-18 13:14
[view_image]

Android, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. I am getting the message: "Device activation prohibited, Contact DJ support for assistance (1112)"

I got the same message trying to activate. I guess i might just take it upon myself just to do a refund and order elsewhere. Thanks for letting us know good luck.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_HeDih5djtBNq
New

New Zealand

I have same problem, just received this message from the seller:

"We are sorry to inform you that DJI have identified your particular DJI Mavic Air 2 as one of a select few which have a Serial Number mismatch with the DJI servers, therefore will not be able to activate.

We will need to get your fly more combo back so we can swap this for a new one."
2020-5-18
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_HeDih5djtBNq Posted at 5-18 15:18
I have same problem, just received this message from the seller:

"We are sorry to inform you that DJI have identified your particular DJI Mavic Air 2 as one of a select few which have a Serial Number mismatch with the DJI servers, therefore will not be able to activate.

Bummer, we're both on the same unlucky boat. I wonder how many miss packaged DJI Mavic Air 2 fly more combo bundles are floating out there. Good luck to you, at best I bet I'll have to wait a month or longer to get a replacement back because of where I live from DJI >.>. I heard some people say they had to wait a month or even longer for replacements >.< took 2 days to get mines shipped from Bestbuys... RIP... I wounder if it'll be easier and or faster to exchange through Bestbuys then through DJI...
2020-5-18
Use props
TySnyder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72628 ft
United States

djiuser_DZDYGwL1YXTh Posted at 5-17 00:20
Same activation error bought mine from drone nerds

I purchased mine from Drone Nerds as well, and they have been pretty great so far.  There was an issue with billing, I had to contact the billing company.  I have tried with both Android (Note 9) andan iPhone SE 2.  The android gives me the 1112 error while the Iphone gives me (error code: 0xffe)  It happens at the same window during activation.  DJI wants me to send it back but I am giving Drone Nerds an extra day to see if they can do anything.  They said they have had a half a dozen or so similar cases with the MA2.  It is extremely ridiculous that this cannot be resolved remotely with the required paperwork, proof of purchase, etc....
2020-5-18
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

TySnyder Posted at 5-18 16:23
I purchased mine from Drone Nerds as well, and they have been pretty great so far.  There was an issue with billing, I had to contact the billing company.  I have tried with both Android (Note 9) andan iPhone SE 2.  The android gives me the 1112 error while the Iphone gives me (error code: 0xffe)  It happens at the same window during activation.  DJI wants me to send it back but I am giving Drone Nerds an extra day to see if they can do anything.  They said they have had a half a dozen or so similar cases with the MA2.  It is extremely ridiculous that this cannot be resolved remotely with the required paperwork, proof of purchase, etc....

DJI said the same thing, they wanted me to send it to them, but that would probably result in a week+ to get to their facility, a few days of paperwork/inventory etc. Then another week or so for a replacement to be shipped back to me.

I will probably be out of town when it arrives by then as I bought it specifically weeks ahead of time before my trip/vacation.

I contacted my seller (Bestbuys) and within a few minutes of chatting with their Customer service and Tech support they ran through their systems and had one ready to be exchanged and shipped out to me, of course I payed a little extra more to have to arrive sooner. I pray the next drone I receive isn't faulty.. *Fingers Crossed*
2020-5-18
Use props
Kamil1989
lvl.2
Poland

I want to report the same problem with my mavic air 2, I can not register it, what I should to do?
2020-5-20
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

Kamil1989 Posted at 5-20 06:52
I want to report the same problem with my mavic air 2, I can not register it, what I should to do?

Contact your seller, they maybe able to work with you faster.

I contacted Bestbuys customer service my seller for a replacement drone since I was still within the 14 day return/replacement.

I had the exact same problem, I was frustrated for 3 days since I got my drone last Thursday and did not have time to activate it until Friday night when I got home. DJI customers services does not operate the weekends so I couldn't do anything, so I sent them an Email instead.

I got a reply from DJI on Monday. But decided to contact Bestbuys first, they had me set up for a replacement drone within the hr. I just had to pay extra for a faster shipping date as I did not want to wait for the free shipping. I got a replacement drone today, and it works as if my frustration with the first drone didn't even exist.

I took that bad boy out and flew it over, and around a nearby lake. Mean while I still have not received a return Email from the DJI Tech support team that I was transferred over to on Monday.
2020-5-21
Use props
Kamil1989
lvl.2
Poland

Koob Posted at 5-21 00:18
Contact your seller, they maybe able to work with you faster.

I contacted Bestbuys customer service my seller for a replacement drone since I was still within the 14 day return/replacement.

Ehh:/ i thought it will be faster, so I Will do Just like you said
2020-5-22
Use props
Maksimus
lvl.1
Ukraine

Good afternoon. Friends gave me a DJI Mavic Mini gift for the New Year. Just now I decided to unpack it, I received an error 1112 upon activation. Tell me what should I do next?
2020-5-24
Use props
Koob
lvl.1
United States

Maksimus Posted at 5-24 23:49
Good afternoon. Friends gave me a DJI Mavic Mini gift for the New Year. Just now I decided to unpack it, I received an error 1112 upon activation. Tell me what should I do next?

Contact DJI but except the same response all of us got, who had the same error problem. Their response will probably be: it's a faulty/stolen drone/misplace. But never really gave a very clear answer, that's just the typical answer most us has received according other post. They'll ask you to send it back to them for a repair/replace.

Overall you might be looking at a 2-4 week round trip, to and back from them.  All I could say is best of Luck to you.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_vdvDTqbeohAs
New

Romania

Hi Everyone,
Please help me to unlock the Mavic Air 2. I can't register app "DJI Fly" because error 1112. I have all documents from dealer including "dji care refresh service agreement". Please watch the pictures and help me
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_dgMRD8Zxc5pQ
New

United Kingdom

Hi it seems I have the same activation problem as everyone else.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

David
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_18wn8FqSjbRh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 08:30
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activating your DJI Drone . Can you please send me the serial number of the said drone and send me where did you purchase the said drone as well through PM for me to check and assist you further. Thank you.

Hello I'm having the same problem ,my an is : 1WNBH3K002003T
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_BmhANhgLPrzg
New

Morocco

Hi friend hope all you doing well i got the same problem i tried to contact dji only one answer from to many supportes i need to get it back to them as iam far of my country iam going to stay here at less 5months and i bring it with me to start new project right now i can't do nothing does anyone here solve the problem from technical support or i should get it back to them to fix it happy new year for everyone
2020-12-31
Use props
laurian3000
New

Romania

Can you please check this SN 1WGCH2T4121BJL
I have same issue, not able to activate error 112
Thank you!
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_KR1tEepq9cxo
New

United Kingdom

Just received my Mini 2 from DJI official store online. Same problem. Batts fully charged, firmware updated.... Activation Prohibited
2021-3-23
Use props
imariela
New
Flight distance : 3609 ft
United States

I’m having the same problem, got it delivered today by Adorama.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_uiPE3McQoN7o
lvl.1
Russia

Привет Air 2s - бан на регистрацию 1112. Купил на сайте АЛИ экспресс. Помоги мне! Серийный номер 3YTBK75003049X
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 12.28.13.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 12.28.13 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 13.03.59.jpeg
2022-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules