Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 Incompatible with Mac OS Catalina a Disgrace
1234Next >
48041 134 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse3ca5af4
New

United States

How is it possible I'm required to use DJI Assistant 2 to update my DJI Controller, but there's no way to install the DJI Assistant 2 software on my Mac with Mac OS Catalina?  And now I can't fly because it says the firmware upgrade is required. Seriously?

2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since so may customers have the same problem with the Mac OS Catalina, I will post the workaround in public.
Please click Quit when the Mac pops up HoRNDIS is not compatible, exit the installation of the driver, then download the driver installation package below separately, and then double-click the PKG file to install it after decompression. After the installation is successful, it should be used normally.
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS ... ina_install.pkg.zip
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We apologize for the difficulties on installing DJI Assistant 2, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_FsdKB1AV0bNY
New
Flight distance : 1105820 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-12 19:59
We apologize for the difficulties on installing DJI Assistant 2, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.

Would you mind sending me the answer too if you actually have one??  And what's the point of a forum if we're not sharing the answers??
2020-1-18
Use props
diana2020
New
Flight distance : 118793 ft
United Kingdom

We apologize for the difficulties on installing DJI Assistant 2, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.

I have the same problem. Please can you send it to me too.

Also I'm having difficulties downloading my images onto my computer what can I do?
2020-1-21
Use props
diana2020
New
Flight distance : 118793 ft
United Kingdom

Also I'm having difficulties downloading my images onto my computer what can I do?
2020-1-21
Use props
Mikemm
New

United Kingdom

i am also having problems connecting my mavic mini to my mac on catalina, is there a fix?
2020-1-26
Use props
MDSimpson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10105 ft
Australia

I just downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 Mavic version, it installed without issue on my 2009 MacPro running OS Catalina (high spec machine, 64Gb RAM, dual 3.3Ghz CPU's, 8Gb Radeon RX560 GPU, 512Gb SSD). However, the Mavic Mini wont connect. Even Unplugging the device, reboot it and reconnecting within 20s. I know it is connected as the drive comes up in Finder. I have turned off, Google Sync backup, so it no longer opens when I connect a USB device. I have also renamed the Mini in Disk Manager as there was no name. Tried rebooting it all, after all these setting changes, still nothing. What else can we do to get this working, please? FYI, the drone will not turn on with the USB cabled connected..
2020-1-30
Use props
ppereiro
New

Canada

i am also having problems connecting my mavic pro to my mac on catalina, please send work around!
2020-1-31
Use props
cabill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4022 ft
United States

I also have the same problem.  Please PM me the fix too.

Thanks!
2020-2-1
Use props
Livo
New

Australia

I am unable to install the assistant also.  Please PM me the details of how to install!
2020-2-3
Use props
fansb85bb405
New
Sweden

I had to cheat-install it. And I ignored the driver-thingy. Then it worked.
2020-2-3
Use props
Jeff402
New
Flight distance : 167293 ft
United States

fansb85bb405 Posted at 2-3 06:26
I had to cheat-install it. And I ignored the driver-thingy. Then it worked.

I really can't believe DJI expects people to ignore every Catalina security warning!  HEY - large companies will not allow people to do this!!  To say this is unacceptable is rather an understatement, and unless it's resolved in the immediate future we'll be removing all our DJI drones.

Here's my very sad chat with DJI Support:

DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge. Water damage is also covered! To learn more click HERE

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.  My name is Chard.

Before we proceed, let me inform you that our goal is to resolve all your concerns within this chat interaction. We highly encourage to keep the chat active. Please make sure to:
1. Don't go on away status as the system will prompt a system timeout;

2. Avoid clicking the exit button on the chat window;
3. Make sure that you have good data/internet connection;
4. When attaching files, avoid dragging it to the chat window. Just click the file icon button instead;
5. Avoid clicking on any links. Instead copy and paste it to another tab/window.

How may I help you today?

15:41

Mavic 2 and Macintosh running Catalina. Attempting to install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, downloaded directly from your website, is prevented from opening: "DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.20.pkg cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. MacOS can not verify that this app is free from malware." Clearly this is not working@! 

Hello there, thanks for reaching out. May I know your name to address you properly? 

Jeff 

Hi Jeff, can you do the following: 

15:42

On your Mac PC, Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, click on “Open Anyway”. Then choose “Open” to start installation. 

15:43

IN this way you are giving permission to install the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. 

15:45

*In 

After DJI Assistant 2 is installed, a system prompt will pop up indicating that the HoRNDIS driver needs to be installed. 

15:47

NO, I can not disable every security check the Mac requires. You have to provide software that follows their rules. And I have two correct the forward vision issue4. How can I proceed? 

I understand, but to proceed with the installation we need to have to disable the security check for it. 

15:48

After the installation, you can revert it back to normal. 

15:49

Let me count the ways this is unacceptable. Company policy forbids taking the steps you suggest because of corporate security concerns. If I can not resolve this problem with our Mavics we will have to look at other manufactures. WHY can't you provide software that doesn't cause this issue? 

We feel bad about this unfortunate situation, and I know this is certainly not the experience we want for you. We are committed in getting our service improved. We greatly appreciate your insight and sincerely apologize on this. Hoping for your outmost patience and understanding.

15:51

Sorry, but those nice words don't address this real world problem. Do you REALLY want this position published on all the drone forums? 

15:53

I understand your point and we are giving you the solution to fix the installation issue you are having with. 

15:54

Currently it is the only option to install the DJI Assistant 2 on your MAC PC. 

15:55

That is NOT a solution that any large company can accept. I'll be sure to let others know about this astonishingly unacceptable position. 

15:56

Again, we sincerely apologize on this matter. We are committed in getting our service improved.
2020-2-5
Use props
Jason Findley
New

United States

Please send download for MacOS Catalina for my Mavic Air
Thank you

2020-2-9
Use props
djiuser_RdKo24FvOCAS
New
Flight distance : 67513 ft
Poland

I'am unable to install the assistant on my Mac OS Catalina.  Please PM me the details of how to install!
2020-2-17
Use props
BLACKWELLDC
lvl.1
United States

I cannot download DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac with Catalina and my Windows 10 Laptop. Can you provide the the fix for both Mac Catalina & Windows 10 operating systems?
2020-2-21
Use props
BLACKWELLDC
lvl.1
United States

Hello to all. I have a new Mac with the Catalina OS. I could not download the DJI Assistant 2 on it to use with the Start Controller I just purchased for my Mavic 2. HAs anyone, or DJI come up with a computer safe download of the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac Catalina OS or even a Windows 10 OS? I am currently "down" from flying until I can get this load on one of my computers. Any help would be highly appreciated.
2020-2-22
Use props
LoPing
New
Flight distance : 398274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here! Need to calibrate my sensors and I couldn't get it done on a PC and now I cannot install Assistant 2 on my Mac running Catalina. This SUCKS DJI!! My next drone will be the Autel Evo II.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_FsdKB1AV0bNY Posted at 1-18 15:41
Would you mind sending me the answer too if you actually have one??  And what's the point of a forum if we're not sharing the answers??

Please check my post in 2#.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

diana2020 Posted at 1-21 03:47

Also I'm having difficulties downloading my images onto my computer what can I do?

Please check my post in 2#.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikemm Posted at 1-26 06:15
i am also having problems connecting my mavic mini to my mac on catalina, is there a fix?

Please try my suggestion in 2#.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ppereiro Posted at 1-31 05:39
i am also having problems connecting my mavic pro to my mac on catalina, please send work around!

The woraround has been posted in 2#, please have a try, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_RdKo24FvOCAS Posted at 2-17 05:58
I'am unable to install the assistant on my Mac OS Catalina.  Please PM me the details of how to install!

Please check the woraround in 2#, thank you.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Findley Posted at 2-9 21:55
Please send download for MacOS Catalina for my Mavic Air
Thank you

Hi Jason, please check the workaround in 2#.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LoPing Posted at 2-24 07:06
Same problem here! Need to calibrate my sensors and I couldn't get it done on a PC and now I cannot install Assistant 2 on my Mac running Catalina. This SUCKS DJI!! My next drone will be the Autel Evo II.

Please check my post in 2# and have a try, thanks.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeff402 Posted at 2-5 16:05
I really can't believe DJI expects people to ignore every Catalina security warning!  HEY - large companies will not allow people to do this!!  To say this is unacceptable is rather an understatement, and unless it's resolved in the immediate future we'll be removing all our DJI drones.

Here's my very sad chat with DJI Support:

Hi Jeff402, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience, I have posted the workaround in 2# and we will also make sure this resolution has been spreaded to our support team.
Please keep us updated if you have any other concerns.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Livo Posted at 2-3 02:32
I am unable to install the assistant also.  Please PM me the details of how to install!

Hi Livo, please check my post in 2# and have a try, thank you.
2020-2-24
Use props
MauroT
Captain
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 20:17
Hi Livo, please check my post in 2# and have a try, thank you.

i am also having problems connecting my mavic pro to my mac on catalina, please send work around please
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MauroT Posted at 2-25 07:09
i am also having problems connecting my mavic pro to my mac on catalina, please send work around please

I have Top the workaround in 2#, please have a try, thank you.
2020-3-2
Use props
itsfun
New
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Norway

Thanks
2020-3-4
Use props
videoguy4u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555778 ft
United States

Do you know how well DJI ASST 2 works on High Serria?
2020-3-4
Use props
videoguy4u
lvl.1
United States

I can't get DJI Assistant 2 working on High Serria either. Tried on Windows 10. Ive tried differnt cable to plug in, what is the right cable to use for the bird?
2020-3-4
Use props
videoguy4u
lvl.1
United States

This is very frustrating. Does any one answer these questions?  What is the right cable type to plug into? I cant get the software to work so that's the only thing left
2020-3-4
Use props
fanse3ca5af4
New

United States

videoguy4u Posted at 3-4 20:22
This is very frustrating. Does any one answer these questions?  What is the right cable type to plug into? I cant get the software to work so that's the only thing left

These people are fuckiing assholes.  The ... doesn’t work with a Mac, and I’d ask for every fucking dollar back I’ve spent with them on 3+ fucking drones.  This is such a. Fucking sham.
2020-3-28
Use props
Andypj
New
Flight distance : 860495 ft
United Kingdom

Same I can’t download load it on to my Mac pm me please the solution
2020-4-3
Use props
fans3257018b
lvl.4
United States

So, help me understand... If I am interrupting the instructions properly, I have to use an Android phone in order to update the firmware on my Ronin S? I Don't have an Android, I have an iPhone. When I plug my MacBook Pro (running Catalina) in to the Ronin, my Mac shuts down my USB driver due to the Ronin needing too much power. Help?
2020-4-7
Use props
Covert23
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 20:08
Since so may customers have the same problem with the Mac OS Catalina, I will post the workaround in public.
Please click Quit when the Mac pops up HoRNDIS is not compatible, exit the installation of the driver, then download the driver installation package below separately, and then double-click the PKG file to install it after decompression. After the installation is successful, it should be used normally.
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/files/3719733/HoRNDIS-9.2-catalina_install.pkg.zip

so, i did this .. istalled the HoRNDIS 9.2, restarted, then tried to re-run the dji assistant .pkg file . . and at the end it says i need to install the HoRNDIS file . . . which I had already done! So I'm not sure how to proceed. Does ANYONE have a good, CLEAR step--by-step guide to do this? I have both .pkg files -- DJI Assistant and HoRNDIS 9.2 -- sitting in my downloads folder.
2020-4-10
Use props
SamKrieg
New
Flight distance : 52949 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 00:26
I have Top the workaround in 2#, please have a try, thank you.

I have the same problem and installed everything + the workaround.
(Mostly because of the aggressive comments from the United States , calm down guys, you're the best of the best of the best of the best and nobody will steal your guns, or give you healthcare, just relax dudes)

...anyway, I still can't connect my MavicPro to my new Mac Mini - could it be because I'm connecting through a USB-C hub?)
2020-4-19
Use props
DanB34
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 20:08
https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/files/3719733/HoRNDIS-9.2-catalina_install.pkg.zip

I just ran into the same issue yesterday, has DJI fixed the issue? what are the options? I'm unable to fly my MP2
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_M3diKNv6RUAI
New

United States

DanB34 Posted at 4-20 09:48
I just ran into the same issue yesterday, has DJI fixed the issue? what are the options? I'm unable to fly my MP2

I have tried every possible angle to get this to work and still nothing. Very frustrating. Also the reason I tried to go down the assistant route is because my compass keeps needing calibration, follow the app directions and horizontal works every time but vertical never works. Result is no flying.
2020-4-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules