Can you "reset" the Mavic Mini to the original Firmware ?
12738 19 2020-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Hi
I've bought a Mavic Mini last mid November and i've about 50 hours of flying (indoor) on it without any problems.
Few days ago,i did the stupid mistake of updating the firmware from the factory one...
I should know better...if it's not broken,don't fix it !!
I don't know what firmware i had before the update...
But now the yaw have change,in a bad way...
It's like if the new firmware have added some "smoothness" to the yaw
So when i stop the yaw control either left or right...the drone still continue to turn a little
I've try all the 3 available firmware on the Assistant with the same result.
Does somebody know how to fix that ?
I just want my "old / normal" yaw back
Thanks for your input !

2020-1-12
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

There are settings for what you describe.  Perhaps you can adjust those and not need to roll back the firmware.

But yes.  You can roll back to 1.00.0200.  I don't know about going back farther than that.
2020-1-12
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Can you tell me where are those setting adjustment ?
In the DJI GO 4 app you have that kind of adjustment but i didn't see that type of adjustment
in the DJI Fly app of the Mavic Mini...
The only "control" option are the 3 preset: Cinema,Position and Sport
Also,like i've mentioned earlier,i've try the 3 available firmware in the Assistant and none of them change a thing ( see the list below )
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the extra yaw happen in all of the 3 flight modes C,P and S

2020-1-12
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Yes but it's kinda hard to tell when using the Cinema setting because it's so slow but it definitely
happen in the Position mode and the Sport mode from all the available firmware.
For all my indoor flying,i've only ever use the Position Mode
Here is a comparaison  link that someone made that expose that problem:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... .79871/#post-903545
2020-1-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think this slow yaw stopping response to the sticks being released might be due in part to the design of the control sticks  in the Mavic Mini controller.

The centering springs feel softer and more dampenend than in other Mavic and Phantom RC's and the sticks don't center as quickly, which could result is a slower command response
I notice on my Spark, MPP, MP, MA and P4P controllers that the joysticks really snap back to center very quickly when released and oscillate a bit,  while the MM joysticks are slower.

The MM action feels heavier with more resistance and doesn't feel as fluid or as accurate as the other RC's.
2020-1-13
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 1-12 19:59
In the DJI GO 4 app you have that kind of adjustment but i didn't see that type of adjustment

Looking again, I must have been thinking about the "Advanced Gimbal Settings".  Those let you set the speed of gimbal pitch movement and smoothness.

The only control you have over the speed of movement of the drone itself is to select between the three flight modes:

CineSmooth (slow)
Position (medium)
Sport (fast)

You didn't end up in Cinesmooth, did you?  That slows things down and stops movements slowly so as to make the video come out smoother and more "cinematic".

That's all I can suggest.
2020-1-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 1-12 20:10
Yes but it's kinda hard to tell when using the Cinema setting because it's so slow but it definitely
happen in the Position mode and the Sport mode from all the available firmware.
For all my indoor flying,i've only ever use the Position Mode

It has happened to me too, but only in S starting full throttle movements or stopping, I think is a matter of the gimbal reaching an extreme angle change too quick.
2020-1-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Mr.Burns.666 Posted at 1-12 19:59

If anything it's probably in the RC firmware, is that what you have down grading as well as the AC firmware ?
2020-1-13
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-13 01:54
I think this slow yaw stopping response to the sticks being released might be due in part to the design of the control sticks  in the Mavic Mini controller.

The centering springs feel softer and more dampenend than in other Mavic and Phantom RC's and the sticks don't center as quickly, which could result is a slower command response

If it was related to the controller,the yaw would have never change,even after the update...
2020-1-13
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-13 03:38
If anything it's probably in the RC firmware, is that what you have down grading as well as the AC firmware ?

I've only updated the Mavic Mini firmware,then the Yaw problem happen so from there,i've try everything,all the Mavic Mini firmware and all the controller firmware,compass calibration,EMU calibration,Gimbal calibration...
2020-1-13
Use props
minilou
lvl.3
Canada

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/dji/dji-mavic-mini/
2020-1-13
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

This is not working with the Mavic Mini....
Look at the comment at the bottom of the link page:
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mr.Burns. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to forward this to our designated department for further clarification since you already tried all the troubleshooting steps that possibly rectify the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-16
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same Problem Since first released here  (Yaw. over rotate) Sucks.....trying to setup a shot, and going back and forth to get the shot right. all other commands are nice and tight. been waiting for a firmware update to fix this.
2020-1-16
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 13:20
Hi, Mr.Burns. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a video showing the problem for us to forward this to our designated department for further clarification since you already tried all the troubleshooting steps that possibly rectify the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi DJI Gamora and thanks for answering me !
I was expecting to have concrete proof today cause i came up with a theory...
The first Mavic Mini that i've bought on November 2019 (manufacturing date 2019/10) was perfectly normal, there was no "smoothness" in the yaw movement,it was stopping his rotation as soon as i was stop pushing the joystick.Since that Mavic Mini was bought before the oldest firmware available at the moment the ( .200 ) version,it probably had a older firmware version and that firmware version was "normal".
Once i've update me first Mavic Mini,after about 50 hours of flight time,i've notice immediately that the yaw had change and for the worse,there was now a "smoothness" in the yaw that didn't feel "normal".This is when i've make my first post on the DJI Mavic Mini forum...
Than i came up with the theory that the oldest Mavic Mini had the "good / normal" firmware and the more recent version didn't so i've start looking on the used market for another Mavic Mini,same manufacturing date as my first one ( 2019/10 ) and i did find one...still sealed so i've bought it ( cause that's how badly i want the control of my first Mavic Mini back ).
I've receive this second Mavic Mini today,i've activated it but unlike with my first one,this one won't take off unless you update to the most recent firmware...
I was hoping to show you a direct comparison,side by side but apparently,it's not gonna happen...
Of course i'm not the only one who did find that "abnormality" and there is a guy who made a video comparaison using his Mavic Mini vs his Spark
My first Mavic Mini with his first firmware was acting exactly like the Spark on the video and after updating it ,it was acting like the Mavic Mini on the video. ( i've try the 3 firmware version on the Assistant ). So it's clear to me that something have change in the new firmware that have change the yaw control.
Here is a link of his post+videos:
I hope this gonna help you understand the change...

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... .79871/#post-903545

2020-1-16
Use props
Mr.Burns.666
lvl.3
Canada

Here is 2 other link showing the Mavic Mini in "ATTI Mode" with the normal yaw ( like i had before my firmware update ) and
the second video in the "standard" mode with the "smoothness" in the yaw ( like after my update )

Normal yaw:

Smooth yaw:
2020-1-16
Use props
Mreddog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6217923 ft
United States

This is a Big problem for me too, I cant keep this Mavic Mini until DJI changes Firmware back or fixes Yaw problem. It is unflyable after yaw change so it must go back to store. Please fix this problem...
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_fCaDy8gkycKc
New

Denmark

Third!! please fix it
2020-1-19
Use props
JackRyan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15810 ft
Italy

I use this post to ask if possibile to reset the dji fly app to default settings.
thank you in advance
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules