DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (01/13/2020)
12Next >
15178 49 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.01.13
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.03.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.03.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.03.00
  • DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series): v2.0.2

What’s New?
  • Added support for Air Unit (Lite).
  • Added on-screen display for remote controller signal strength.
  • Optimized custom on-screen display of goggles by updating center point icon.
  • Optimized settings for flight controller protocol. After setting the protocol between the air unit and flight controller, the air unit no longer needs to be restarted.
  • Optimized on-screen display of goggles in certain situations after customizing the on-screen display settings.
  • Fixed rare issue: public channel was displayed incorrectly after enabling custom on-screen display on goggles.

Notice:
  • Restart the air unit, goggles, and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • Make sure that the firmware of the air unit, the goggles and the remote controller are in the same version. Check the firmware version in Setting, Device Info, and then Device Info on goggles.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the device and DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and try updating again.
  • Update the Air Unit (Lite) when there is good ventilation. Make sure that both the goggles and remote controller are powered off before updating the Air Unit (Lite). DO NOT touch the Air Unit (Lite) during update since the temperature rises. If update fails, wait for the Air Unit (Lite) to cool down and try to update again.

2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_3wugiNxNqa9C
lvl.1

Romania

No updated OSD elements?  No iNAV support?  No fix to give back the range the original firmware had?  Any update on when some of those are going to be fixed?
2020-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the update!
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

Caddx started shipping their airunit (vista) so they needed this update to get it to work. Hopefully there will be a major update at the beginning of februar :-) :-) :-D ?
2020-1-13
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Anything regading the radio controller?

Some sort of AUX configuration and channel mixing? Idle-up switch setting possibilities?

Simple Rx modules for LOS flying?

Thanks anyway for the update.

Best regards
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_90GiHJXBXaGU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288707 ft
United States

Power cycling the air unit now resets Custom OSD option in goggles.
2020-1-13
Use props
pRo_lama
lvl.2

Czechia

djiuser_90GiHJXBXaGU Posted at 1-13 11:53
Power cycling the air unit now resets Custom OSD option in goggles.

Unfortunately, after this update, you will have to turn your goggles off after every battery.
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_jDnF3wAIDXS0
lvl.4

Spain

pRo_lama Posted at 1-13 22:43
Unfortunately, after this update, you will have to turn your goggles off after every battery.

no entendi....por que hay que apagar las gafas despues de cada bateria ?
2020-1-14
Use props
trojax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 896 ft

United Kingdom

Hi I have just updated and now the custom OSD will not stay selected every power down reverts to NO CUSTOM OSD...
2020-1-15
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

I can confirm, power cycling the air unit causes goggles to revert to Custom OSD = Off.

I'll likely be flying without custom OSD until this is fixed, too annoying to go through the goggle menu and re-enable every flight. I consider this a critical new bug.

The firmware seems otherwise excellent, the new controller signal strength is really nice to have for distance flights. The public channel bug is gone and so is the tiny lag spike that coincided.

Please fix the new custom OSD bug, and please add altitude, speed, distance to home, home arrow, and all warnings to custom OSD. Also please start recording custom OSD elements to srt.
2020-1-15
Use props
downset
lvl.3

Germany

If you plug off the goggles first and than the airunit, and for the next Battery first plug in the Air unit and than replug the googles, than the goggles will keep the custom OSD settings on.
It is still a bug but with this workaround its not so bad.

for me the most important updates would be:
-recording the custom osd to get the gps coordinates in case of crash
-more OSD options and the most important would be : Altitude, speed, homepoint direction and of cause the Betaflight warnings

when can we expect updates in this direction?

Greets
downset
2020-1-16
Use props
Yeclek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109350 ft
United States

I am also having the custom OSD issue. Every time I power cycle the Ait Unit the custom OSD reverts to Off.
2020-1-16
Use props
PeopleLookLikeAnts
lvl.2
United States

+1 for betaflight warnings and home arrow in OSD. Please make it happen DJI!
2020-1-17
Use props
M_A_R_T_I_N
lvl.1

Germany

Me too.
@Dji: when you will release a Bugfix?
2020-1-18
Use props
pRo_lama
lvl.2

Czechia

M_A_R_T_I_N Posted at 1-18 13:47
Me too.
@Dji: when you will release a Bugfix?

Already released v01.00.04.00
2020-1-19
Use props
downset
lvl.3

Germany

Perfect custom osd disappar is fixed - That was quick

and i like the Announcements for the next release, most likely the 01.00.5.00 :
OSD for Homeposition,  Altitude and Speed

But Nothing about warnings and also nothing about custom OSD Recordings... or is it ment with  Menu setting to choose to enable recording after unlocking the flight controller. Than it would be perfekt

And if I could add one more wisch witch i missed in last OSD wish Post: distance from home point

2020-1-19
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

Not tested yet but thanks to the staff for the swift workaround.
2020-1-19
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

If i read correctly it just displays the hdmi input but can not show dji feed on a monitor.  :-( This would be great if you could show it to a friend just via cable. (We need this often also for our spotters) Spectator mode is useless because it doesn't have the same range.
This is also the reason why our local fpv club is not allowing races with digital and its the same for most of the clubs why they do not adopt Digital in races :-( :-( , but i hate racing in crappy analog :-( :-(
2020-1-19
Use props
gtbzz85
New

United States

DJI.. please allow Audio to pass through the Air Unit and to the goggles!  That would make the FPV experience incredibly immersive!  Especially for those fixed wing pilots who could benefit from listening to the motor.  Thank you.
2020-1-22
Use props
kimib1
lvl.1

Poland

Any chance for live oudio feed in future release?
2020-1-23
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

downset Posted at 1-19 05:14
and i like the Announcements for the next release, most likely the 01.00.5.00 : OSD for Homeposition,  Altitude and Speed

Where was this announcement on the next release made? Can you share a link?

They confirmed home position, altitude and speed??
2020-1-23
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

For anyone else who was confused, they released .0400 but didn't announce it. In the release notes it said the following:

2020-1-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

TechnoCore Posted at 1-23 12:39
For anyone else who was confused, they released .0400 but didn't announce it. In the release notes it said the following:

[view_image]

BUMP....

DJI,

You should add this to the main FPV Forum section as a 'sticky'.  Its been over a week...not sure why your not announcing this firmware release in the forum as you've done with other releases?  

Regards,
Ron
2020-1-24
Use props
downset
lvl.3

Germany

TechnoCore Posted at 1-23 12:25
Where was this announcement on the next release made? Can you share a link?

They confirmed home position, altitude and speed??

It is also on the Downloadpage
https://www.dji.com/de/fpv/info#downloads

in the System Release notes is the full change log History and also the already shown announcement
2020-1-24
Use props
MacMen
lvl.2

Germany

Apart from me, someone else noticed the problem with audio / video drift in long videos recordet with the Air Unit? The Air Unit cuts Videos in 10 minute packs. So when you have a long flight (34 minutes) and play back the videos on a pc you will notice a drift from audio to video. They will not match at the end of the second 10 minute pack and this will be the same for the third and fourth.
2020-1-25
Use props
Tgoraj
lvl.1

United States

I just looked up the DJI Smart controller.... $750.00 just to display my flight video? Ouch, no way this is going to happen for me. I wonder if it will also output to any HDMI monitor?
2020-2-5
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

MacMen Posted at 1-25 01:53
Apart from me, someone else noticed the problem with audio / video drift in long videos recordet with the Air Unit? The Air Unit cuts Videos in 10 minute packs. So when you have a long flight (34 minutes) and play back the videos on a pc you will notice a drift from audio to video. They will not match at the end of the second 10 minute pack and this will be the same for the third and fourth.

I haven't paid attention becasue removing sound is the first thing I do with any recording from a quad, but you're right, I notice the drift even in 4-5 minute clips.
2020-2-10
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

MacMen Posted at 1-25 01:53
Apart from me, someone else noticed the problem with audio / video drift in long videos recordet with the Air Unit? The Air Unit cuts Videos in 10 minute packs. So when you have a long flight (34 minutes) and play back the videos on a pc you will notice a drift from audio to video. They will not match at the end of the second 10 minute pack and this will be the same for the third and fourth.

tienes razon espero que lo arreglen
2020-2-17
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

fichek Posted at 2-10 04:26
I haven't paid attention becasue removing sound is the first thing I do with any recording from a quad, but you're right, I notice the drift even in 4-5 minute clips.

ojala lo arreglen pronto saludos
2020-2-17
Use props
djiuser_E9LGpbl5jyrR
New

Spain

Estáis trabajando en la latencia de la entrada Av?
2020-2-24
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Is it that hard to write in English?

Just image everyone wrote in their chosen language, would be great to understand in such discussion right? So don't be selfish and write in English even if it is not your native language.
2020-2-25
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

Hacky4 Posted at 2-25 01:12
Is it that hard to write in English?

Just image everyone wrote in their chosen language, would be great to understand in such discussion right? So don't be selfish and write in English even if it is not your native language.

hablo mi idioma nativo y punto....usa el traductor
2020-2-25
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Alejandro8706 Posted at 2-25 07:06

If you don't understand English, just use translator before posting here.
2020-2-25
Use props
Cobaki
lvl.2

Switzerland

This forum should really only allow submissions in English, are there no moderators?
2020-2-26
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

aqui puede estar gente de cualquier pais asi que es normal que hablen su idioma para eso estan los traductores ademas esto es dji en general no tiene por que ser solo en ingles.y dejo el tema que me parece tonto y de niños y no dire mas nada sobre el tema del idioma habla de otras cosas de drones.un saludo
2020-2-26
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Alejandro8706 Posted at 2-26 16:00
aqui puede estar gente de cualquier pais asi que es normal que hablen su idioma para eso estan los traductores ademas esto es dji en general no tiene por que ser solo en ingles.y dejo el tema que me parece tonto y de niños y no dire mas nada sobre el tema del idioma habla de otras cosas de drones.un saludo

reported as spam
2020-2-26
Use props
djiuser_E9LGpbl5jyrR
New

Spain

Alejandro8706 Posted at 2-25 07:06

Claro que sí
2020-2-27
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

Alejandro8706 Posted at 2-26 16:00

I am also not native english (speak german) . It's selfish to speak in the native language. You could use google translator as well and post it in english.
2020-2-27
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

Hacky4 Publicado el 2-26 16:45
reportado como spam

jajajajaja ok ;) adios
2020-2-27
Use props
AndreFarinha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2443064 ft

Portugal

hey guys, I still missing the audio... since you guys have in built audio on Air unit is it possible to enable while flying to improve pilot performance.
2020-3-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules