Flying without RC connected to phone/tablet..
8320 4 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

When you flying without your phone (or iPad, or tablet .. ) connected to the RC,  does your flight get logged anyway?  Or is that lost time sort of then?

Anyway have the app connected without cable to RC, and No WiFi mode?  Likey dumb question.

I was on the course, and they were teaching & examining us without any app / DJI GO app connected, purefly by looking at the drone.  It's nice actually, and I want to practice in Sport Mode fast flying and think prefer just have RC without anything attached to it, feels easier to hold RC.
2020-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the flight data is lost if you do this.
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Flying your DJI Mavic Pro without a mobile device connected to the RC will be possible. The flight data will be stored on the drone itself and can be extracted using the DJI Assistant 2. In addition you may use only the remote controller of the DJI Mavic Pro when flying the drone. It will fly just fine without a mobile device attached, but you won't have access to the intelligent flight modes. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-14
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 09:01
Hello and good day v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Flying your DJI Mavic Pro without a mobile device connected to the RC will be possible. The flight data will be stored on the drone itself and can be extracted using the DJI Assistant 2. In addition you may use only the remote controller of the DJI Mavic Pro when flying the drone. It will fly just fine without a mobile device attached, but you won't have access to the intelligent flight modes. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Thanks DJI Stephen,

Yea I was flying Mavic Pro fine without the app / mobile device.  Just no flight level miles and no live feed.
And no smart modes as you say, but, that ddoesn't matter for Sport Mode, I think ?
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

v01d Posted at 1-14 14:02
Thanks DJI Stephen,

Yea I was flying Mavic Pro fine without the app / mobile device.  Just no flight level miles and no live feed.

You are very much welcome v01d and thank you for the additional information you have shared. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules