Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finding a replacement Controller advice
954 9 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

I attempted to install a distance enhancement mod on my controller today.
While removing the epoxy from the connectors of the wifi componant the pad broke.
I am not sure how to fix this and in an attempt finding a replacement controller
I am unsure of what numbers to confirm for compatability.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2020-1-13
Use props
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

received_454083795470277.jpeg
received_659845851445223.jpeg
2020-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's a classic error that many people have made when doing this mod - including me.  Usually you only make the mistake once.  You have a few options.  

1)  Replace that tiny ufl part and connect it to the board.  I wouldn't want to try it.

2)  Glue the cable head onto the board so that the little stem you see that appears to be still attached and undamaged is reconnected to the antenna cable end perfectly.  It's possible and maybe even likely that you won't get a good connection, but since the wifi signal switches automatically between the two wifi transceiver connections, it may be something you can live with.  Since you may have to replace the controller anyway, you have nothing to lose by trying this.  

3)  Find a broken controller with a good wifi module on it.  Swap them out.  

4)  Buy a new/used P3S controller.

Note - I've never owned a P3S.

Good luck
2020-1-14
Use props
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

I have ordered a used controller. I am going to take it to a cell phone repair shop that I have used in the past. the connections are similar to those that on a cell phone. If that doesn't work, I have a friend that sent me a link to Drone Nerds in Miami, FL. Hopefully they can replace the MAC board. I am not even sure where to find a MAC board to replace it
2020-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

With a good used controller, you can just redo the mod on the good controller.  There's a technique to removing the antenna cable.  I assume it's a rubbery silicone holding it, right?  Cut away the silicone with a pen knife. When you've cut away all that you can, grab the head of the antenna cable (which is snapped into the ufl connector on the board) with needle nose pliers.  Unless you're trying to save that cable, you can cut it at the head which makes it easier.  Grab the head of the cable head-on so that the pliers are perpendicular to the board.  Rotate it left and right so that you know it has freed itself from any remaining silicone.  It is designed to rotate in a circle so don't worry about that.  Once it's free of the silicone, pull it straight up.  Don't pry it off, just pull straight up.  The cable head will pop right off without damaging the ufl.  Snap the new cable back on the same way you took the old one off.  Just snap it straight down onto the board.  Done.  

Good luck

2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please contact our DJI Support Team to assist you with regards to this matter. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-14
Use props
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

I did order a used controller. It will be here Friday I can only assume that the connector that came dislodged from the board while I was taking it off had some of the , what I think is epoxy, holding it. The antenna cable came loose. It is the WiFi MAC board that is giving me the challenge. I was able to contact an Gadget repair place called Cellular City in Biloxi that has repaired many of my cell phones in the past. The tech is going to try and find a replacement MAC Board and replace it. I was very encouraged when he recognize my controller as a Phantom controller. If he can not repair it the I will ship it to Drone Nerds in Miami.
I bought the drone from an individual and it is not currently under a warranty
2020-1-14
Use props
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

Cellular repair company says they can make the repair but can not find parts. Any ideas on where I can order a new Wifi Mac module board?
2020-1-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Nope but you don't need a new one.  You just need a used one that works.  It'll be inside the used controller you ordered.  
2020-1-15
Use props
Bigearls62
lvl.1

United States

Well after some sweat and frustration, We are flying.
The controller I ordered did not connect to my drone but the mac board did work.
The cell repair place got everything connected and I secured it with hot glue.
I have flown it twice so far. Thanks for all your input and support.
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules