2026 26 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have several DJI drones and have always found that the Ipad Mini is the best tablet by far to use with them.

I am convinced however that the DJI Fly app available (just tested version 1.0.6) is only for phones and on an Ipad mini it is just a stretched iphone app.

On many threads however several people dont agree with me so yesterday I did a test and if you use it part of the screen is missing and if you look at the settings etc there is no way to get back to the camera view screen as the back arrow is off the screen.

See screen shots below on the left. Am I missing something or are the other people just ignoring this issue

screen 1.png
screen 2.png
2020-1-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you got some sort of zoom turned on , what is that "1x" in the bottom right hand corner.
Your text in the DJI Fly also looks much bigger compared to the Ipad details like battery level etc.

My Mini 4 , shows the safety menu and other menus in a normal screen that is not cut off like yours.
To get back to the camera view I just tap the area to the left of the menu

2020-1-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh I think it is a difference with the Version of IOS. The x1 and x2 in the bottom right corner are the same as your double arrow thing in the botton right corner of your pic.

Either way this is not the correct app for an Ipad. I hope DJI soon bring out an app that is properly optimised for the ipad mini 4
2020-1-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What IOS version are you on. I don't like to update stuff if it is generally working ok. My Ipad Mini is version 11.2.5

Thanks for you help
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-14 00:25
What IOS version are you on. I don't like to update stuff if it is generally working ok. My Ipad Mini is version 11.2.5

Thanks for you help

I'm on IOS 13.3
2020-1-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to reduce your system font size I believe. Yes, DJI needs to make an iPad compatible screen but for now you can run DJI Fly app on the iPad in 2x as long as you don’t have system settings set for larger fonts.  I am running DJI Fly app on an iPad Mini 5.
2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a shame they don't support any tablets with the Fly app.
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 01:04
It's a shame they don't support any tablets with the Fly app.

True, is also a shame they dont support windows tablets, many affordable and powerful options out there with good screens and sizes.
2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-14 02:42
True, is also a shame they dont support windows tablets, many affordable and powerful options out there with good screens and sizes.

There are windows tablets,  must have missed those.
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:01

Yep I happen to own a dual boot android / win 10 tablet with superb specs, but no chance to test it since there is no PC solution.
2020-1-14
Use props
Buffalosoldier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Ireland

There is no IPad mini app yet, this is just a Iphone app that have to be zoomed x2 to fill the screen, the resolution is poor
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Buffalosoldier Posted at 1-14 05:28
There is no IPad mini app yet, this is just a Iphone app that have to be zoomed x2 to fill the screen, the resolution is poor

For me the resolution is fine , the ipad mini 4 is 326 ppi density , so I don't find it poor

The iphone 11 is also 326ppi

2020-1-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buffalosoldier Posted at 1-14 05:28

I agree totally
2020-1-14
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should really keep the ipad up to date maybe one less than the latest is acceptable but for the most part if the device is connected to internet is can be exploited if not patched correctly, whilst this might not directly effect you in such a way as a virus that harms you think more along the lines of potentially being a carrier and passing onto others or maybe it could be used as a way of getting something onto your home network that may infect something else all the time being unaware.
As a general rule of thumb devs dont normally creates updates or bug fixes for software that isnt being run on the most recent OS or patch as is often the case the bug has been fixed in later versions.

I use a mini 4 on the latest (2 of them one for the P4 and one for me old P3P and both work fine for me and I dont have any screen res issues, I think like someone has already suggested when the ipad is set up sometimes you can select the screen as normal or zoomed, which makes everything a little easier to see but you lose some real estate (this is and Ipad OS option) which maybe that the DJI Go4 has not been optimised for the zoomed screen, I have seen similar things with accounting apps from SAGE where if the user show in a non standard res it plays havoc with the text/window, so it might be worth checking
**edit this option for Zoom is not avaialbe on ios 13.3 it apears they ahve given the option to make text larger or have a zoom as an accesibility feature (might still be an option on the older IOS version you have though still worth a look this might help https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/08/01/adjust-ipad-icon-size-tutorial/

Might be worth uninstalling it and re-installing from the app store (might want to check first that the latest GO4 app is compatible with the older IOS version you have but in reality you be better off doing an ipad back up then updating to the latest version of IOS and then it will need to update the go app and any others and the problem will probably go away unless your do have the zoomed mode

I run it on both on IOS 13.3 and no issues.

Good luck hope you solve it chap
2020-1-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:01

Yup, Microsoft surface. Can be used as a tablet or attach a removable keyboard and much like a laptop. Kinda like the iPad with it's removable keyboard.
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_D45gNGwhOSEF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37536 ft
United States

Just posted on the Fly app running on the 10.8" MatePad Pro.  Seems to work better but text is quite large still ... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=206940&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556%26orderby%3Ddateline
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_D45gNGwhOSEF
lvl.2
United States

Huawei's MatePad Pro running Fly App
2020-1-15
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

On MatePad Pro, Menu spans full height of display but text is quite large.
2020-1-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Axotopia Posted at 1-15 00:43
[view_image]

On MatePad Pro, Menu spans full height of display but text is quite large.

Nice screen, but the bulky cumbersome form factor and extra weight defeats the purpose of having a small portable drone.

The 8in Ipad tablet is the ideal blend between visibility, size and portability.
2020-1-15
Use props
raymacke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-14 00:21
Ahh I think it is a difference with the Version of IOS. The x1 and x2 in the bottom right corner are the same as your double arrow thing in the botton right corner of your pic.

Either way this is not the correct app for an Ipad. I hope DJI soon bring out an app that is properly optimised for the ipad mini 4

Just update to 13.3 and the problem is solved. It’s that simple. Some times the “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” is poor advice.  Anybody still running Windows 3.1?
2020-1-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

raymacke Posted at 1-15 07:27
Just update to 13.3 and the problem is solved. It’s that simple. Some times the “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” is poor advice.  Anybody still running Windows 3.1?

updating things or not is a huge debate you need to weigh what works ok and what does not and if you update will you bugger up things that do work. So I like the saying If it aint broke don't brake it better.

Years of experience has taught me this.

The fact remains that the App is not yet made for the Ipad mini. Yes it will work but it is pants for various reasons
2020-1-15
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 1-15 06:55
Nice screen, but the bulky cumbersome form factor and extra weight defeats the purpose of having a small portable drone.

The 8in Ipad tablet is the ideal blend between visibility, size and portability.

True, the 10.8 is not suitable for majority of Mini users who bought the drone for portability.  Purpose of post is just to chime in on the Fly app compatibility on tablets.
I use the MatePad Pro 10.8" for building as-builts and observation, so the larger the screen the better.  Also, it is my Lenovo X1 Yoga replacement for field work and client presentation, so its actually a very portable single package without carrying another device when out in the field.
2020-1-15
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Fairly certain it was the font size/zoom settings and not the IOS version causing you the issues.
Someone said it way back up the thread but perhaps it got missed.
2020-1-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavic2zoom-ch Posted at 1-15 12:11
Fairly certain it was the font size/zoom settings and not the IOS version causing you the issues.
Someone said it way back up the thread but perhaps it got missed.

Font Size and zoom only works on certain Apps and not on this one. I say again this App is not designed for the Ipad anyone who tells you different don't know what they are talking about.

Even DJI Do not list the Ipad as supported
2020-1-15
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-15 12:25
Font Size and zoom only works on certain Apps and not on this one. I say again this App is not designed for the Ipad anyone who tells you different don't know what they are talking about.

Even DJI Do not list the Ipad as supported

Yeah it does look that way maybe they will bring out and ipad version but my guess is that if the Fly app is to eb used with the mavic mini I guess they thought why would you lug around and ipad or ipad mini when the whole set up is designed for being small and portable so most will probaby use a phoen as this will be with them all tthe time.
Maybe ping a message to support and ask them if there is a plan for it? I guess it cant be too difficult to release for the ipad its only screen rendering (wordpress does this for it website sites)

Maybe start a poll on here in the forum and see how many agree if there is enough interest they might just doit

2020-1-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 1-15 12:49
Yeah it does look that way maybe they will bring out and ipad version but my guess is that if the Fly app is to eb used with the mavic mini I guess they thought why would you lug around and ipad or ipad mini when the whole set up is designed for being small and portable so most will probaby use a phoen as this will be with them all tthe time.
Maybe ping a message to support and ask them if there is a plan for it? I guess it cant be too difficult to release for the ipad its only screen rendering (wordpress does this for it website sites)

The incompatibility of the App with many phones and Tablets is all over these threads...……. To coin an Suffolk UK expression they are copping a Deaf un
2020-1-15
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-15 14:32
The incompatibility of the App with many phones and Tablets is all over these threads...……. To coin an Suffolk UK expression they are copping a Deaf un

Nice I will have to look that one up!
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules