Mavic Mini Crash :(
5139 29 2020-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lada67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4098 ft
Czechia

Good morning. Very much please experts to report what happened. 15.12. 2019 I flew in the morning with a drone (mavic Mini). The drone took off, set the home point, immediately departed and after a flight about 30m crashed into the corner of the building. There was no possibility to control the drone with the controller. The drone is at the seller's complaint. According to his statement yesterday (DJI service in the Czech Republic) the guarantee will not be accepted. I don't know the reasons yet. I've been flying the drone in the same spot - no problem. It was also calibrated here earlier. The application did not require calibration before takeoff. So I didn't do it. Please, it's my fault, and what? Thank you very much for your answer. Flight record is attached. Sorry, my English is weak. I write using translator.

DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-15_[05-53-48].zip

14.5 KB, Down times: 9

Flight

2020-1-13
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

This is your flight https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/48HE11QZZKB30RAQLGYI

I'm not an expert on reading logs but in 0:7 (0,3 altitude and 10,5 mph) and 0:8.5 (3,9 altitude and 21,6 mph) I see the CSC for stopping motors
Did you change the app setting to stop the motors from "only on emergency" to "always"?
2020-1-13
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Debugger Posted at 1-13 23:32
This is your flight https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/48HE11QZZKB30RAQLGYI

I'm not an expert on reading logs but in 0:7 (0,3 altitude and 10,5 mph) and 0:8.5 (3,9 altitude and 21,6 mph) I see the CSC for stopping motors

To stop motors, sticks must be fixed in "stop position" for 3 seconds. Random stick movement not stop motors...
2020-1-13
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 1-13 23:42
To stop motors, sticks must be fixed in "stop position" for 3 seconds. Random stick movement not stop motors...

Thanks for remind this. I didn't check the duration of the action in the log.
2020-1-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSE
2020-1-13
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Hallo. By default, I only changed the RTH height to 42m. Everything else was in the basic settings of the application. Yes on an uncontrolled flight I performed a CSC maneuver, but did not confirm. There was no time, drone within 1s crashed into the corner of the object .
2020-1-14
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Do you have a photo of the crashed MM? Is any of its legs broken?
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

After impact - broken front arm, damaged propeller, abraded by battery cover.
2020-1-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

i wonder if there was gps lock, it's weird that you can't see the drone's location in the flight log. Can you check your DJI Fly app and post a screenshot of your flight? We should see there if there's gps lock. You can find it under Profile->More
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Ice_2k ......You mean this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EUsY5ewMlswB8t4wAv4cYcyfYk7_gSdh

2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your stick inputs seem to be mostly corners which is not a normal place to be moving the drone forwards /sideways etc,  mostly the corners are just going to make it spin.
2020-1-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Lada67 Posted at 1-14 00:40
Ice_2k ......You mean this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EUsY5ewMlswB8t4wAv4cYcyfYk7_gSdh

Yes, can you redo it with the sticks controls enabled? (top right button with the image of a stick)

Seems very strange that the RC-AC connection is zero, red.
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

DAFlys It is true. But the drone did not respond to these movements. He accelerated straight against the building.
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Ice_2K
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N6yVl3pOnu59tlwgEWq5WazCy0U8Mb5F
2020-1-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

That's a scary story! Stick movement looks strange in the log. Was the controller in your favorite mode? Or some interference? Smartwatch, incomming call to phone...
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

virtual....It is true. Panic after I saw him take off and immediately rushed away. Just a CSC attempt. Little time for everything No call, smart watch ... nothing.
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Sorry for the loss, is it possible to make it work? doesn't look too bad in the picture.
Hopefully we will be able to find out what happened.
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Ice_2K

I don't understand the wi-fi signal . I'm sending one more video. Another flight before. Flight without problems - no problem. Also the wi-fi signal above red. But the drone responded to the controller.
Is there something wrong with the controller?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XQVGgri68hHakTy95Y7FIt-fEQ9Q1ai9
2020-1-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I also so the wifi signal indicator in red even though I was VLOS and in a free of interference area, it made me worried but AC responded correctly, maybe is an indicator of a sudden interference?
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lada67. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate issue happened. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello DJI Stephen, thank you very much for the message. Since 18.12.2019 with the support of DJI communicate. I sent everything possible. DJ, you're cool. Super communication . Last time support wanted a drone and complete the form CAS-3863384-S8C4G4, e-mail ticket 2492416. But I do not have a drone - is at the seller. It is said that in the Czech authorized service DJi. According to the e-mail from the seller said the claim from DJi will not be recognized. Just after-warranty repair. I have to wait for the reason . And apparently I do not communicate with DJi.Therefore I asked for advice experts here on the forum. I just want to know what happened - why the crash . Tomorrow it is a month since the crash and I know nothing .
Thank you very much for your care.
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with. We already forwarded this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding.
2020-1-14
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Good luck my friend
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello DJI Diana, thank you very much for your interest. But I'm already unhappy. I have no drone for a month. And most of all I don't know what happened . Where's the mistake? Others write that they have the case resolved within 3 days, and I still have nothing. Yes I know it was Christmas. It makes me very sad. At least know what happened to the drone ???? ...... And I have been sending e-mails since 18.12. 2019. I respond to everything immediately. The drone is said to be in your authorized service in the Czech Republic.I really don't understand it anymore .Thank You.L
2020-1-14
Use props
Lada67
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello. Much please. Nobody can write what happened ??? Why drone flew and then crash ??? Thank you.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Lada67 Posted at 1-14 22:54
Hello DJI Diana, thank you very much for your interest. But I'm already unhappy. I have no drone for a month. And most of all I don't know what happened . Where's the mistake? Others write that they have the case resolved within 3 days, and I still have nothing. Yes I know it was Christmas. It makes me very sad. At least know what happened to the drone ???? ...... And I have been sending e-mails since 18.12. 2019. I respond to everything immediately. The drone is said to be in your authorized service in the Czech Republic.I really don't understand it anymore .Thank You.L

Hi Lada67, sorry for the inconvenience. Your case has been escalated to the supervisor team, please don't worry, our team will follow up on your case. We really appreciate your patience and hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2020-1-15
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

What I've observed is that when my Mini's battery gets low, the light goes red.
2020-1-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It should not have drifted away like that. Probably the hold of the sticks in the Emergency Stop position wasn't long enough but still went into Forced landing, then continued to drift away. No idea why it happened.

I still maintain all these fly-aways are really a badly implemented attitude control logics. It makes no sense with a drone with so mach technology (GPS, VPS, acc., gyro, magnet.) to drift away like that.
2020-1-16
Use props
Pologc89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56145 ft
Mexico

Some thing like that happened to me today, i was flying, but suddenly mi drone fly away and crashed, the wind, the kp, and the calibration was normal, some one to know why, in the log the only thing that i notice is that the battery voltage was in 3.4 v, but i had the 40%
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_RWwoK7QFLbWK
New

Sri Lanka

Same thing happen to me few days back. While I was landing the drone after around 7 minutes flight drone start to spin and crashed and broke the front left arm. Already logged the issues with the DJI care team since I have bought this only 2 weeks back. Submit all the supporting logs and flight records and yet to receive a feedback from the DJI team. There were no error messages while flying. (Attching the last message pop before the crash. There were no trees or obstacles near drone . Still can't understand what blocked the motor )
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules