Finding the Mavic Mini
3246 7 2020-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'm curious, has anyone lost their Mini and used the Find Me function in the Fly APP? Does it work? I haven't had the bad luck of losing mine yet but would like to know if it works.
2020-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jake Phantom 3 S. Thank you for creating this thread and for reaching out. I hope that you will be able to get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots through there experience in using the " Find My Drone " function for the DJI Mavic Mini. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Find my drone  works as long as you have connection to the drone and it still has power.

It will show the last point of contact with the drone, but  if the drones loses contact and continues to fly it could be  inaccurate..
2020-1-14
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 1-14 14:11
Find my drone  works as long as you have connection to the drone and it still has power.

It will show the last point of contact with the drone, but  if the drones loses contact and continues to fly it could be  inaccurate..

Does the beeping function also work when you get close to it? Of course that is if the battery is sill working.
2020-1-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jake Phantom 3 S Posted at 1-14 14:38
Does the beeping function also work when you get close to it? Of course that is if the battery is sill working.

Yes, it will work if you still have contact with the AC to turn on the beeping function
2020-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres an example Ian made here -
2020-1-15
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Best to add another layer of security with something like a Vifly Beacon.
Just in case battery pops out, or loose of GPS.
2020-1-15
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

Is there a specific range you have to be near the drone to take off?

Mine landed a few hundred metres away in a forced landing a while back, but I didn't give a thought to try and take off again until later on - just went and retrieved it. So long as the controller/app has a connection to the drone does it matter how far away it is? Thanks!
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules