1065 14 2020-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb07b16f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
Germany

Hi Guys,

today i was a Little bit flying around on this beautyful day.

Everything webt fine until i got home to edit the footage i take today.

By watching the scene some blurred image i seen in footage down left an right.

I check na footage from the days before and i also see this blurring issue when the Drone ist moving from left to right/right to left.

I uploaded a Video in YouTube to Show you My Problem.

2020-1-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You could have what is called "skewed" it is a type of jello effect

Hopefully this explains it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/exp ... rsus-global-shutter

Usually with drones it's a limitation of the sensor design but another source could be gimbal vibration which may need to be fixed by DJI if it really noticeable.

2020-1-15
Use props
fanseb07b16f
lvl.2
Germany

lannes Posted at 1-15 08:52
You have what is called "skewed" it is a type of jello effect

The rolling shutter of  the camera at 25fps (Pal mode) cannot keep up with the speed of the pan, so parts of the image will be skewed

Thanks for the explanation, i think this is some Kind of skew.

This is my second Mini, My First goes back of refresh care with a broken arm, but i checked the older Videos from the first one and there is no „Skew“
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to this concern. May I ask are you seeing this issue in all the videos recorder from the DJI Mavic Mini? I would recommend to please try flying the drone in a different location with less wind. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-15
Use props
fanseb07b16f
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Paladin,

since i have this replacement drone from the i had 3 flights and as i looked today all footage has the Same issue.

This was My first higher flight, the others flights were lower about 15-60 meters.

All others Videos from My first mini doesn‘t show this issue.
2020-1-15
Use props
fanseb07b16f
lvl.2
Germany

Herr is another Video from today, almost on the ground and the issue is upper right

https://youtu.be/CN3Yu7ms-zo
2020-1-15
Use props
fanseb07b16f
lvl.2
Germany

Second Video
2020-1-15
Use props
Crank79
lvl.2
Germany

Now the Video is public

2020-1-15
Use props
42Neil
lvl.3
United States

Hi there, I can't see the effect very clearly in your videos due to the heavy youtube compression and quite fast camera movements, but I suspect the issue might be what has been referred to as "ripple effects" in this thread.

This effect seems to appear in the locations you have highlighted.  The artifact looks like a wavy/wobbly/bulging effect (similar to image distortion) but only affecting these specific areas of the image.

FWIW, I had this issue with my first copy of the mavic mini, but I sent it back to my retailer for replacement and my new copy does not have this problem.  So in my view, I would replace it if you can.
2020-1-16
Use props
Crank79
lvl.2
Germany

42Neil Posted at 1-16 06:17
Hi there, I can't see the effect very clearly in your videos due to the heavy youtube compression and quite fast camera movements, but I suspect the issue might be what has been referred to as "ripple effects" in this thread.

This effect seems to appear in the locations you have highlighted.  The artifact looks like a wavy/wobbly/bulging effect (similar to image distortion) but only affecting these specific areas of the image.

Hi,

you are right, when i'm watching the Videos from Youtube on my Laptop in 1440p it is hard to see the issue, but when I'm watching the Videos on my iPhone or iPad i see it clearly.

Unfortunately i'cant replace the Drone from my retailer, because this is my second Drone, the first i got was broken on the front right Arm, so i became a replacement by DJI with Refresh Care and i've got the new drone just a week and now i've the issue.
2020-1-16
Use props
42Neil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thats a shame.  I would take it up with DJI then.  I'm convinced this is the same issue that myself and some others have had and is definitely not normal, and is not present in all mavic minis.

On my copy i was able to reproduce the issue without even flying the drone, i.e. just connecting to the controller and recording video while holding the mini.  So it definitely is nothing to do with propeller vibration or wind etc.
2020-1-16
Use props
Crank79
lvl.2
Germany

42Neil Posted at 1-16 10:56
Thats a shame.  I would take it up with DJI then.  I'm convinced this is the same issue that myself and some others have had and is definitely not normal, and is not present in all mavic minis.

On my copy i was able to reproduce the issue without even flying the drone, i.e. just connecting to the controller and recording video while holding the mini.  So it definitely is nothing to do with propeller vibration or wind etc.

You mean this Thread Ripple effect? https://forum.dji.com/thread-202436-1-1.html
I saw the videos and it's the same issue as mine.

I wrote an Email to DJI, explaining the issue, hope I get a replacement in warranty
2020-1-16
Use props
42Neil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes,  that one.  Mine also had the same ripple effect issue shown on that thread, and i am convinced yours has the same issue.

Unfortunately that thread isn't the best and occasionally got derailed by people talking about other (mostly unrelated) issues such as extra pixels at the top and bottom of the footage or about image distortion more generally (which DJI has said is normal).

I have yet to see an official DJI response on the actual issue.
2020-1-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"I check na footage from the days before and i also see this blurring issue when the Drone ist moving from left to right/right to left."

There are a number of things going on here. The DJI cameras record the video signal to a compressed MPEG file, in the case of the mini, an even more highly compressed file than any of the more professional cameras. The rate is measured in Megabits per second, and in the case of the Mini, it is 40 Mbs, which is very low indeed, considering Mavic 2 Pro records at 100 Mbs.

Any MPEG stream will begin to blur when the encoder cannot encode the image fast enough, this happens when there is a lot of detail in the image, such as whispy branches on trees in winter. But it will be often triggered when the camera is panned quickly, and that is what is happening here. Filmmakers avoid panning to a large degree because of this, but drone owners seem to do it all the time.

The simple answer to this is to avoid panning the camera. It is not a fault in the Mini camera, it will not be fixed with updates, it is a limitation of a the camera system, and also any budget priced device.
2020-1-16
Use props
Crank79
lvl.2
Germany

It‘s sounds Good, But the question that i have is: Why is my footage from my first mavic mini free from this ripple effect?

I recorded everything in 2.7K and there nothing to see on this records.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules