Mavic Mini OEM propeller protector bad for blades?
2755 16 2020-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly_frens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18835 ft
United States

Hello, I bought the OEM prop protector to store my Mini in my bag. While I really like the looks of it, I noticed the top strap pushes the top blades slightly down so they touch the top part of the Mini’s body. Is this bad for the blades long term? Is it bad for the two top motors long term? Should I put a small cardboard square under the blades when I use this? Please see attached picture, thanks!!!
DA565E1F-A4EA-4587-92B0-EAD64086C5BE.jpeg
2020-1-15
Use props
fly_frens
lvl.2
United States

I have no idea why the picture uploaded upside down lol
2020-1-15
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

Good question. I don't have the answer. But I ordered this too (didn't receive it yet) and would be very interested in an answer ;-)
2020-1-15
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I also looked at them, but then I bought others (the oranges in the left picture made of soft silicone). Then there are also the right black ones. Both are similar and do not bend the propellers down. But what I would recommend for yours ... only install for transport, because it makes no sense to use it when the drone is in the drawer for weeks. ;-)
2020-1-15
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 1-15 12:58
I also looked at them, but then I bought others (the oranges in the left picture made of soft silicone). Then there are also the right black ones. Both are similar and do not bend the propellers down. But what I would recommend for yours ... only install for transport, because it makes no sense to use it when the drone is in the drawer for weeks. ;-)
[view_image]

I've got the orange silicone ones too. Quite like them, been in fir a few days now and even though they look tight, they are ok, no bother
2020-1-15
Use props
fly_frens
lvl.2
United States

ChRoM Posted at 1-15 12:27
Good question. I don't have the answer. But I ordered this too (didn't receive it yet) and would be very interested in an answer ;-)

I ended up just putting a folded cardboard tab I cut out from the box to put under the blades so they don’t get pushed down. I think it should be fine long term if I do this.
2020-1-15
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I, too, am suspicious of anything that holds the blades in a bent position.  It seems like it could warp them permanently, especially if left in place for extended periods of time.

I don't think it will hurt the motors themselves, though.
2020-1-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the props being bent towards the body will hurt anything.  
2020-1-15
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

I too ordered and received the OEM prop guard, only to discover it would not fit in the Fly More Combo case!

I haven't even taken it out of the box.
2020-1-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 1-15 17:21
I too ordered and received the OEM prop guard, only to discover it would not fit in the Fly More Combo case!

I haven't even taken it out of the box.

same here but this is cheap, so I'll keep it.  I don't think they did a good job with the case being compatible with a lot of accessories.
2020-1-15
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

jonny007 Posted at 1-15 12:58
I also looked at them, but then I bought others (the oranges in the left picture made of soft silicone). Then there are also the right black ones. Both are similar and do not bend the propellers down. But what I would recommend for yours ... only install for transport, because it makes no sense to use it when the drone is in the drawer for weeks. ;-)
[view_image]

Those same ones I just asked for, they still haven't arrived, the orange silicone ones, I was going to post a picture, but I see that I'm not the only one with that idea hahahahaha
I'm glad to know that I made a good purchase then.
Greetings.
2020-1-16
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The Saint Posted at 1-15 20:52
same here but this is cheap, so I'll keep it.  I don't think they did a good job with the case being compatible with a lot of accessories.

Yeah man that's a bummer, Combo case doesn't allow to use the guard...
I bought a small case only for mini, which is easy, fast and protects the blades too.
2020-1-16
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I really like the design of the OEM one, and I think only bending the tips a bit will be Ok.
Like some mention maybe only for transport and not for permanent storage.
2020-1-16
Use props
fly_frens
lvl.2
United States

Here’s the little cardboard tab I’m using. The blades seem a lot closer to where they should be now. I think I’ll just do this for long term storage.
2020-1-17
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

From when I received my MM I have used two rubber bands to secure the blades against the body and now have over 20 hours fly time on the original blades with no problems
2020-1-18
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I keep my propellers tied together in the center with soft pre-creased black cable ties. I plan on getting the silicone protectors, but at least the cable ties keep the props in place which is my fear... storing the Mini with a bent propeller blade and having to deal with it on the field.
2020-1-18
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was using a rubber band for awhile, but felt that it was applying pressure on the props. Not sure it caused a problem, but I went with the silicone (orange) ones seen above. Mine came with two pairs, grey and orange. They work well, protect motors and apply no pressure on the props. I use a hard case, and they fit with no problem. Enjoy your flying.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules