Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370305 ft
Ireland

Hello all,

I was over a lake and:
1) Streaming video was completely black so I restarted the app and video returned
2) I started to fly, video preview was fine
3) I went home, the recorded video was completely no-sense

I guess is some metadata corruption or something that doesn't allow to display pixel in the right order, here the video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av7zABcD-pZ5gsRg_HUD3OAt6G_pHQ?e=L3vLKv

Thank you
Leonardo

2020-1-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

What SD card are you using? Have you tried another SD card. Whatever that video is, it's not from the Mini. Take a look at the file date, I'm sure it's something leftover in the card. Did you alos try to dormat the SD card in the Mini? Try that.

2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

Wiz33 Posted at 1-15 13:25
What SD card are you using? Have you tried another SD card. Whatever that video is, it's not from the Mini. Take a look at the file date, I'm sure it's something leftover in the card. Did you alos try to dormat the SD card in the Mini? Try that.

Hi, thank you for the reply,
The video is from the Mavic and the previous and the next video are recorded correctly.
If you download the video and open it with VLC you can see as subtitles the GPS coordinates (Mavic Mini feature).
I would like to recover this video because recorded abroad in a place where I can never return again.
2020-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansbef5311f Posted at 1-15 13:34
Hi, thank you for the reply,
The video is from the Mavic and the previous and the next video are recorded correctly.
If you download the video and open it with VLC you can see as subtitles the GPS coordinates (Mavic Mini feature).

Because the app re-started, the video file was not 'finalised'. You should place the SD card back in the aircraft and start the aircraft, it may then repair the file. Otherwise, there is a user on here who created a file utility that can repair these files, do a search.
2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 1-15 13:49
Because the app re-started, the video file was not 'finalised'. You should place the SD card back in the aircraft and start the aircraft, it may then repair the file. Otherwise, there is a user on here who created a file utility that can repair these files, do a search.

Hello,
Before that flight the video streaming was completely black so I manually restarted the app. The video signal returned normal and I did my flight. After the flight I closed correctly the app after stopping the recording.

I had a problem with a file that was not read by VLC in the past because of the app crash and I recovered using djifix / recover_mp4 / putting the SD back in the Mavic Mini but this time the problem is different. The file is opened by a media player but the video content is "scrambled".
2020-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansbef5311f Posted at 1-15 13:53
Hello,
Before that flight the video streaming was completely black so I manually restarted the app. The video signal returned normal and I did my flight. After the flight I closed correctly the app after stopping the recording.

OK, before I could not play your file because of connection issues at my end, but now I have seen it. The video is not 'scrambled', it is perfectly recorded video, but of quite odd material. It is like the classic videorecorded on a phone when the phone is in someone's pocket. In your case, it looks like the aircraft was placed in a carry bag or a hiking pack and carried for some distance with the camera recording. Look at the last few seconds, it looks as if it was being taken out of the pack.
2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 1-15 14:19
OK, before I could not play your file because of connection issues at my end, but now I have seen it. The video is not 'scrambled', it is perfectly recorded video, but of quite odd material. It is like the classic videorecorded on a phone when the phone is in someone's pocket. In your case, it looks like the aircraft was placed in a carry bag or a hiking pack and carried for some distance with the camera recording. Look at the last few seconds, it looks as if it was being taken out of the pack.

Yes but the point is that I was flying over a lake and I was having on the controller the right video stream. Look at the GPS data and altitude recorded in the video subtitles.. it's not my pocket but the drone is flying and the camera is not locked because I was looking beautiful pictures on the controller.
2020-1-15
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

fansbef5311f Posted at 1-15 14:32
Yes but the point is that I was flying over a lake and I was having on the controller the right video stream. Look at the GPS data and altitude recorded in the video subtitles.. it's not my pocket but the drone is flying and the camera is not locked because I was looking beautiful pictures on the controller.

I have to agree with Geebax on this one. The motions are consistent with someone walking.
Also, the video will still capture altitude and GPS coordinates, even in your backpack

2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

1Eagle Posted at 1-15 14:42
I have to agree with Geebax on this one. The motions are consistent with someone walking.
Also, the video will still capture altitude and GPS coordinates, even in your backpack

I had to unconsciously:
- turn on the drone in the backpack
- turn on the controller
- connect the phone and start recording with the app

Wasn't this the case, I can assure you. I checked the flight data with the video duration and they match, the path is over the lake.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, With regards to this concern. When you checked the SD card, do you see any other videos? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 15:18
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, With regards to this concern. When you checked the SD card, do you see any other videos? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Yes, other video were fine and related to previous days.
2020-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansbef5311f Posted at 1-15 15:20
Yes, other video were fine and related to previous days.

Thank you for the update. When you checked the files on the SD card are there any corrupted videos?. Was there enough space when the drone was recording? Was the drone accidentally turned off while recording? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2020-1-15
Use props
fansbef5311f
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 16:06
Thank you for the update. When you checked the files on the SD card are there any corrupted videos?. Was there enough space when the drone was recording? Was the drone accidentally turned off while recording? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

1) No other corrupted files
2) Yes, almost all 64 GB card was free
3) No, never turned off while recording
2020-1-15
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, The DJI videos may get corrupt due to several reasons. No matter what would be the reason for video file corruption, your primary concern is to repair and get your files back in a fine condition. Here Some effective methods to repair corrupt DJI video files. However, repairing corrupt videos by using command prompt, djifix application and VLC media player have certain limitations in terms of file size, severity of corruption, etc.
Source : https://dronephotographybible.co ... pt-dji-video-files/
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules