Apple AirTags (GPS Tracking)
3071 12 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I've been following with interest Apple's possible own version of a tile tracker (from iOs 13 it seems they will be called AirTags). According to McRumors they might have 5-10 cm of accuracy... and it seems they will weight next to nothing.

That will be IMO a huge improvement for finding a lost drone compared to available offers or DJI's own app.
2020-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the rumours and speculation they look like they might be a good solution.
2020-1-16
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

What will they cost though, no doubt it will be more than most are expecting. While I have quite a few apple products Im always a bit miffed at the price, when I see how much profit they earn each year
2020-1-16
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-16 05:00
What will they cost though, no doubt it will be more than most are expecting. While I have quite a few apple products Im always a bit miffed at the price, when I see how much profit they earn each year

Could be but on the other hand, compared to the cost of a M2P with a good ND filter or other extras it could make the difference between finding or losing your drone (money)...

Rumors say it won't be that expensive anyway
2020-1-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 1-16 05:48
Could be but on the other hand, compared to the cost of a M2P with a good ND filter or other extras it could make the difference between finding or losing your drone (money)...

Rumors say it won't be that expensive anyway

Agreed. How much value can you put on something to find a lost drone that is pretty expensive to begin with.

I too am hearing that the air tags will not be terribly expensive as well.
2020-1-16
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

These are NOT GPS trackers. They use a version of bluetooth. Finding keys in your house is one thing but this is not going to help you find your drone in the forest unless you're standing within 100 of it.
2020-1-16
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

eyecapture Posted at 1-16 11:11
These are NOT GPS trackers. They use a version of bluetooth. Finding keys in your house is one thing but this is not going to help you find your drone in the forest unless you're standing within 100 of it.

You are right about that and the tracker will not replace DJI's app in remote locations but it could be an add-on (in more populated areas, it seems that it will work like 'Find my Phone', using the existing Apple devices in the proximity as beacons so very accurately).
Some version of he existing Tiles have approx. 400-foot range, they also come in an ultra portable size with a sticker that is waterproof. Rumors are that Apple's device will have a broader range. The issue with DJI's app is that it is not very accurate when you're close to the drone BUT if you can add a device that can pinpoint your drone with up to 10cm accuracy live will be much, much easier.

Many users go to the location where the drone should be but still aren't able to find it. Maybe DJI could implement something like this directly on future drones.
2020-1-16
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Trackimo, when you have cellular coverage, it works even if your drone is no longer connected.
Dji's Find my drone only works to the last point of connection which may not necessarily be where it ends up.

trackimo and MA - Copy.jpg
2020-1-16
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

have a marco polo on mine, so no cell service, no worries, don't need it
2020-1-17
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

lannes Posted at 1-16 23:59
Trackimo, when you cellular coverage, it works even if your drone is no longer connected.
Dji's Find my drone only works to the last point of connection which may not necessarily be where it ends up.

That looks interesting, perhaps some manufacturer is making a smaller version, thanks.
2020-1-17
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

raven swe Posted at 1-17 02:31
have a marco polo on mine, so no cell service, no worries, don't need it

Many thanks,  I will check their website.
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day El Diabolico. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us in tracking your DJI drone. I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-17
Use props
zaidahmad22a
New

India

Apple in April 2021 unveiled its long awaited AirTag after years of rumors and speculation. The small circular tag is designed to be attached to items like keys and wallets to allow these accessories to be tracked using Bluetooth right alongside Apple devices. Apple AirTag Accessoriesare small, circular metal discs, slightly larger and thicker than an Australian one-dollar coin. Once paired with your Apple ID, the tag’s location will be shown in the “Find My” app, whenever location data are available.

2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules