Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some videos don't play. Codec issues? Calling OP techs for help
3022 9 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7054 ft
Portugal

In the last few weeks, I've been having issues with some videos shot on Osmo Pocket not playing on my Mac after downloading them from the SD Card. Attaching screenshots below. I can't figure out the problem. Videos shot before or after, using the same settings will play fine. I've tried playing them on VLC, Final Cut Pro X. No help. VLC doesn't seem to recognize the video stream. So, perhaps some codec issues? I've reformatted the SD Card from within Osmo Pocket's menu. But still no help. Latest firmware and OS on all devices.
Has anyone come across this issue before? Can DJI techs jump in and offer any advice?
Can't seem to upload screenshots. Here are the links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p75e65pavpbbmsp/Screenshot%202020-01-16%2010.27.54.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1bchk14stbt4b7/Screenshot%202020-01-16%2010.33.06.png?dl=0

2020-1-16
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

No, not with video.
If you shoot slow motion video an accompanying audio file is also produced that can be mistaken for a video clip that some players find hard to play.
You need  tool like MediaInfo to get the proper file characteristics and all the relevant data off the file to look at.
2020-1-16
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

[Double post]
2020-1-16
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

RE: Some videos dont play. Corruption or Codec issues? Calling techs

Just had the most dissatisfying exchange with DJI live support about this issue. It was not only that, the process of sharing files with DJI is incredibly cumbersome. They only accept video files either by WeTransfer or YouTube. If the possible issue is video file corruption, youtube obviously doesn't help. Then I was asked to convert the .MOV file to .MP4. If the video stream is not being recognized by any software, which is why I posted here, this is hardly a solution. Then I was simply told to google how to convert files. WTF!!! They also do not offer a transcript of the chat log. You can take screenshots! Unbelievable. This level of customer support is not just laughable, but downright atrocious.
2020-1-16
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

My issue remains. Some video files are unplayable. Files recorded seconds before or after do not suffer this issue. I have the latest firmware and OS. I am using the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD card which is recommended by DJI. I even swapped cards to see if perhaps the card may be the issue. No help. Is there a real DJI tech here who can help? MediaInfo, VLC etc just do not seem to recognize the video stream in the unplayable file.

Public links to files:
Unplayable video: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZnNEBkZLFQKNt5RW0bxD0muiIz0dJBsbgwy
Playable video recorded seconds before: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZqNEBkZHyQyN2CtDKpmHIyPQ2SgQBQBavFV
^ recorded seconds before the other one.

If this is not resolved, the pocket is basically useless to me! Is there anyone who can help?
2020-1-16
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Animojodomo Posted at 1-16 06:20
My issue remains. Some video files are unplayable. Files recorded seconds before or after do not suffer this issue. I have the latest firmware and OS. I am using the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SD card which is recommended by DJI. I even swapped cards to see if perhaps the card may be the issue. No help. Is there a real DJI tech here who can help? MediaInfo, VLC etc just do not seem to recognize the video stream in the unplayable file.

Public links to files:

MediaInfo is not a video player. It gives you the correct video data from the file it inspects. Useful to put into a thread if you want help.

If you want anyone to be able to test your files for you, you need to put them into a dropbox folder to stop them from being altered when uploaded onto the net. You also have to make them downloadable for others to inspect on their machines and not from a web browser or the data will be wrong.
Anything less and people will be guessing as to what the problem is rather than knowing. It would also help to know what the specs are of the machine is you are trying to play them on as well as the operating system and version.

Last but not least. Do they play back on the Osmo Pocket?

2020-1-16
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-16 09:33
MediaInfo is not a video player. It gives you the correct video data from the file it inspects. Useful to put into a thread if you want help.

If you want anyone to be able to test your files for you, you need to put them into a dropbox folder to stop them from being altered when uploaded onto the net. You also have to make them downloadable for others to inspect on their machines and not from a web browser or the data will be wrong.

Hi Ray. Thanks for the response.

Yes, I understand mediainfo is not a video player but an inspector for the metadata and codec. The links I shared are downloadable links. PCloud is another cloud service like Dropbox.

I've tried playing the videos on several machines. e.g. iMac late 2016 w 24GB RAM, OS 10.15.2. I don't think OS here is an issue.

So, I've begun to notice that the same videos are not playable when I move them back to the SD Card after importing them from it. I think they may have been playable before they were imported. I'll need to test this hypothesis and will update here. This could mean that the transfer corrupted them.
In that case, what are the best ways to transfer large media files, that allow for integrity check? It's really sad that DJI doesn't offer a desktop import utility that could have that feature built-in.  
2020-1-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Animojodomo Posted at 1-17 01:36
Hi Ray. Thanks for the response.

Yes, I understand mediainfo is not a video player but an inspector for the metadata and codec. The links I shared are downloadable links. PCloud is another cloud service like Dropbox.

I just stick my memory card into a reader and use the operating systems import function.
I'm using the same 64 gig SanDisk cards as well but on a Windows PC. If you are using any leads check the lead isn't the problem. Also, before you do download, check each file plays on the Pocket to make sure it didn't happen in record to eliminate the card as a problem.
2020-1-17
Use props
djiuser_fzcPfysnjcsZ
New

United States

Animojodomo Posted at 2020-1-16 06:20

Public links to files:

Same problem. Just took 8 videos. But 2 of them, wont play...?
2022-5-26
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

djiuser_fzcPfysnjcsZ Posted at 5-26 03:49
Same problem. Just took 8 videos. But 2 of them, wont play...?

I figured out my problem btw. It was an issue with a disk write. I was writing from my Mac to an EXT4 (linux) formatted drive. Vid files were getting corrupted during the write. Once I switched to a native AFS drive the problem was solved.
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules