Measuring Flight Battery Capacity
1369 6 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

New battery and freshly charged shows a lot of "above spec" capacity.  I'm sure over time this MAX fades with use, but this does show a way to test them and keep track of their capabilities.  I tested at 10 watts (5V/2 amps), but in use I believe they operate around 4x that (40 watts).

2020-1-16
Use props
ljmario
Second Officer
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

love your vids! like the info in them!
2020-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another very informative video.  Thanks for Sharing Tommy.
2020-1-16
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Thanks all.  

It's important to note that mAh measured this way is at a fixed voltage of 5V and will result in a value that can be compared in the same way in the future to judge this battery's health.  The mAh measured shouldn't be compared to the 2400 mAh rating of the battery since that rating was obtain while the voltage was declining from a fully charged state of ~8V to a cut-off level of ~6V.  

The Watt-hour value obtained in this test can be compared with the DJI rated Wh of 17.28 since Wh takes into account voltage.
2020-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice test,  thanks for sharing.
2020-1-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Nice test, good to know that there are reliable cells (did I read somewhere that Samsung?). The higher measured capacity could be made by lower load (2A). I don't know the power consumption of MM (in S mode or high wind I guess more than 2A), under 5A can be possible that battery hits 6,xxVolts cut-off earlier. Anyway great result!
2020-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now