Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Everyone,

In this video I emphasize the importance of regular inspection and a pre-flight check of your DJI Mavic Mini’s propellers to maintain safe and stable flight. I go through many of the signs and and symptoms of bad propellers and I also go in to detail on how to removed damaged propellers and install new ones. Lots of tips and important information for any Mavic Mini owner. As always, thanks for watching!

2020-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video full of great information.  I faithfully check my propellers before and after every flight.  If I'm in doubt I change them.  Since I was not able to get spare propellers from DJI I went ahead and picked up some on amazon made by Helistar.  They are of a better quality than OEM.  For the first flight with them on I kept the MM about 8' above the ground and went through all control maneuvers.  The MM was very stable and the propellers performed exceptional.  No additional noise noted over OEM.   
2020-1-16
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 15:04
Awesome video full of great information.  I faithfully check my propellers before and after every flight.  If I'm in doubt I change them.  Since I was not able to get spare propellers from DJI I went ahead and picked up some on amazon made by Helistar.  They are of a better quality than OEM.  For the first flight with them on I kept the MM about 8' above the ground and went through all control maneuvers.  The MM was very stable and the propellers performed exceptional.  No additional noise noted over OEM.

Thanks! I think it's smart you do that. I wasn't diligent with checking the props on my Spark but the Spark wasn't as finicky about props as the Mini seems to be. My wife picked me up some 3rd party props off of Amazon for Christmas. The red/white ones I've seen so many others using. I have been testing them since and they have worked flawlessly. Quality is good and they are quieter than DJI OEM. I wish DJI would make some colourful props. Easy win for them. Cheers!
2020-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great advice.
2020-1-17
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280682 ft
Finland

Great video and a really important one with the Mini!

Also the advice to replace all propellers in case of erratic behaviour is really a sound advice and should be included in the Mini's manual, as there can be internal faults in ther props that are near impossible to detect  (speaking from experience)!
2020-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these helpful tips for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition I will post a list on the DJI Mavic Mini's Pre flight checklist and a link where in you can find the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines. Thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf

Capture.PNG
2020-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2020-1-17
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks, as always! :-)
2020-1-17
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-17 09:16
Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these helpful tips for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition I will post a list on the DJI Mavic Mini's Pre flight checklist and a link where in you can find the DJI Mavic Mini Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines. Thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EK.pdf

Thanks for the additional information, always good to know!
2020-1-17
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Miixxa Posted at 1-17 04:03
Great video and a really important one with the Mini!

Also the advice to replace all propellers in case of erratic behaviour is really a sound advice and should be included in the Mini's manual, as there can be internal faults in ther props that are near impossible to detect  (speaking from experience)!

Thanks!

That's a really good point! Right out of the box my Mini experienced flight anomalies that I didn't pick up right away until I had a close call. You're absolutely right though, the faults may not be perceptible to sight or touch, so you have to look for the other clues. Cheers!
2020-1-17
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks and thanks for watching!
2020-1-17
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very useful video - thanks for sharing
2020-1-17
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Finland

SCoutts Posted at 1-17 16:31
Thanks!

That's a really good point! Right out of the box my Mini experienced flight anomalies that I didn't pick up right away until I had a close call. You're absolutely right though, the faults may not be perceptible to sight or touch, so you have to look for the other clues. Cheers!

I had that too but I also didn't take note on the first few flights and I'm pretty sure the fault was miniscule at first but progressively got worse (blade fatique on already warped blades?).
Pretty much only symptoms were abnormal prop sound and slight nosedipping of the craft that you couldn't see through fpv, but could see/hear observing the craft in close proximity.
Both which can be impossible for unexperienced flyer to notice and like my case they ultimately resulted to the ESC errors at flight.

It's a first drone for me too, but being a MHz era RC pilot, that abnormal prop sound got my attention...
2020-1-18
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

thx for the technical tips video!
2020-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SCoutts Posted at 1-17 16:27
Thanks, as always! :-)

You're welcome (as always )
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 1-17 16:28
Thanks for the additional information, always good to know!

You are very much welcome SCoutts. We really do appreciate all the contributions you have shared with us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-18
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I've never experienced bad props before, would the drone pulling one direction like I'm Yawing/turning when flying forward indicate a bad or damaged prop?
2020-1-18
Use props
Miixxa
lvl.2
Finland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-18 11:39
I've never experienced bad props before, would the drone pulling one direction like I'm Yawing/turning when flying forward indicate a bad or damaged prop?

It's pretty well explained on the video, apparently can cause all kinds of things with Mini. Seems to be very nitpicky about the props...

My own experiences with bad props (and/or ice/debris accumulation on props)
- ESC errors and straight on Motor errors
- Inaccurate yaw or pitch control (yawing slowly by itself or not maintaining straight line flying forward) probably also causes inaccurate roll, but hard to perceive...
- Abnormal prop sound and/or vibrations in flight
- Short losses of lift resulting in whole aircraft losing altitude or general erratic behaviour
2020-1-18
Use props
Mortensldk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Great  video full of great information!
2020-1-18
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Gelert Posted at 1-17 21:31
Very useful video - thanks for sharing

And thank YOU for watching! :-)
2020-1-18
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mortensldk Posted at 1-18 13:59
Great  video full of great information!

2020-1-18
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-18 11:39
I've never experienced bad props before, would the drone pulling one direction like I'm Yawing/turning when flying forward indicate a bad or damaged prop?

This was my first experience with bad props too and yes, pulling in one direction is a definite indication.
2020-1-18
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Miixxa Posted at 1-18 00:32
I had that too but I also didn't take note on the first few flights and I'm pretty sure the fault was miniscule at first but progressively got worse (blade fatique on already warped blades?).
Pretty much only symptoms were abnormal prop sound and slight nosedipping of the craft that you couldn't see through fpv, but could see/hear observing the craft in close proximity.
Both which can be impossible for unexperienced flyer to notice and like my case they ultimately resulted to the ESC errors at flight.

That's an interesting take - "blade fatigue on already warped blades". That falls in line with what I experienced. I had errors right out of the box but seemed to get progressively worse over time.
2020-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 1-17 16:31

You're very welcome
2020-1-20
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 15:04
Awesome video full of great information.  I faithfully check my propellers before and after every flight.  If I'm in doubt I change them.  Since I was not able to get spare propellers from DJI I went ahead and picked up some on amazon made by Helistar.  They are of a better quality than OEM.  For the first flight with them on I kept the MM about 8' above the ground and went through all control maneuvers.  The MM was very stable and the propellers performed exceptional.  No additional noise noted over OEM.

Hi mate, have you got a link to these helistar MM props? Cant find them and im in desperate need of a new set?
Thanks for any help you can provide
2020-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-20 10:27
Hi mate, have you got a link to these helistar MM props? Cant find them and im in desperate need of a new set?
Thanks for any help you can provide

Ingo, these are one of the 2 sets I bought.  I have flown them on my MM and my grandson has used them also.  No issues whatsoever.  

HELISTAR MM PROPS
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_Li0x9INlJfwY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Had an issue with the mini suddenly loosing altitude which didn't seem to be caused by downdraught or any wind related issue. This progressed to the mini taking off backwards instead of straight up and digging the props into the ground. Following the advice here I changed out all the props (some of the rear props had been chipped) and the aircraft is now launching straight back up again. Will update when I get to fly it more to see if it resolves the random loss of altitude.
2020-1-20
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very well put together video and very informational!! Thank you for taking the time to do this and to share it with everyone!!
2020-1-20
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 12:41
Ingo, these are one of the 2 sets I bought.  I have flown them on my MM and my grandson has used them also.  No issues whatsoever.  

HELISTAR MM PROPS

Thank you for that, found it now
2020-1-21
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JodyB Posted at 1-20 12:53
Very well put together video and very informational!! Thank you for taking the time to do this and to share it with everyone!!

Thanks and thanks for watching! :-)
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules