Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FW V01.00.0650 ( from 13.01.2020. )- flight log is back again
995 10 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

Someone wrote in the forum that a new FW (same version 0650 but newer date 01/13/2020.) Came out, so I reinstalled firmware via assistant 2 for Mavic and flight log works as before. I did two flights and all is ok with log. It seems to me that SC no longer reboots after changing the default memory between internal and external
2020-1-16
Use props
capthook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238871 ft
United States

Thanks for the post.
Guess I'll update again, for the 3rd time in 1 week.
The first update took me 6 hours to figure out and 'fix' the broken mess.

What a bunch of craziness.
From SC, do check for update. Says current version.
Fire up Assistant, plug SC into computer, it shows the mentioned 1/13 update.
DJI, if your gonna change the firmware, you NEED TO CHANGE THE NUMBER.
Like 0.652

Frigin' nightmare.
2020-1-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Updated the firmware again with the "same" version, but from another date (13/01).. The last, not seen flight log is back. Need to check doing a  new flight.
2020-1-16
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

this time (the third one) I connected the laptop to the home network via a wire, and I didn't do the update as before via wi-fi and the difference is huge in speed x10 at least. Someone mentioned this in the forum, so I decided to give it a try and I really recommend that everyone connect with a wire to the internet if you can.  

It would be okay for DJI to let us know that there are some changes made to FW if not through the FW version number , then at least in this forum
2020-1-16
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Gjuro Posted at 1-16 21:53
this time (the third one) I connected the laptop to the home network via a wire, and I didn't do the update as before via wi-fi and the difference is huge in speed x10 at least. Someone mentioned this in the forum, so I decided to give it a try and I really recommend that everyone connect with a wire to the internet if you can.  

It would be okay for DJI to let us know that there are some changes made to FW if not through the FW version number , then at least in this forum

Well Gjuro,

technically it's a Kernal-version that was updated, probably not the firmware. So, no change in firmware, no difference in firmware number.
Actually they give us a package with a Kernal, Firmware changes and DJI Go 4 app in one sole package.

As the the kernal is clearly changed from delivered in the former version of the FW V01.00.0650, I guess the (accidentaly) put in the wrong kernal. As not many people probably have installed the latest version, the kernal 4.4.83 was inserted in the package and released without telling, not to alarm people.
Those who were late won't have the problem. Only few (us) who does. So ... keep it quiet. :-)

I regret, knowing you started the tread and some others and me joined the conversation, we were not informed there was a solution. No information in the form of a notice, ... nothing. We had to find out 3 days after release. Even when you check on "latest version" of firmware on the device itself ... nothing.

We had to "refresh" our firmware we had already installed. Not because we had an installation problem, but because the kernal problem had to be kept quiet.
It's easy to say: "the installation of your firmware went wrong, just retry installing it" (It's not our fault)
2020-1-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I may be confused (not unusual).  I updated the Assistant version on my Win10 computer.  Ran Assistant.  Plugged in SC.  I don't see any evidence in the Assistant program that anything is happening but the SC has prompted me about updates.

Should the SC show up in the Assistant?  I have not done this in a while!!!

Hmmm.  I got a message on the SC "Update again"  (and there was a chinese prompt at the top of the screen).  I think that I'm using the cable but maybe it is doing it via wifi??????????????????

Why can't they make this a more clear cut process.  (is says V 0650)

Back again.   I just downgraded Assistant to 2.07.  The SC now shows up and offered and upgrade (Jan 13 date).  Let's see what happens now.   Hmmm.  Controller is now showing 16% which others have noted can stall.  But the Asscistant is again showing UPDATING.  What the ....

2020-1-17
Use props
Yves1013
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2856903 ft
Canada

Cannot install version 1.00.0650 with assistant 2. I have version 2.10. I don’t know what to do.
2020-1-17
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

updater will stall at 1% or 16% but will forward if you waiting

important to set the automatic sleep mode to 30 min!
2020-1-17
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Croatia

I use win10 64bit, assistant 2.0.10, it is much faster over the wire than via wi-fi (I mean computer connected to the network with cable and smartcontroller connected by USB cable to the computer). The update was unsuccessful two to three times while I was working over wi-fi, it would go fine after a few tries. That was excruciating. On another desktop computer (win 7) the assistant does not recognize my smartcontroller, so I stayed with the laptop.
2020-1-17
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Yves1013 Posted at 1-17 10:26
Cannot install version 1.00.0650 with assistant 2. I have version 2.10. I don’t know what to do.

I'm on my 4th or 5th attempt.  I've both downgraded and upgraded Assistance and even refreshed the 530 firmware.  Now at 98% on the fifth attempt.  Crazy for sure.  If it fails I move to another computer and give it another go.

I believe it finally installed.  I will check after I fully recharge the darn thing.   I did download Assistant, upgraded again.  Refreshed 530 and then did it all over again.  I also removed my sd-card.

2020-1-17
Use props
Yves1013
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2856903 ft
Canada

Indio Posted at 1-17 10:39
updater will stall at 1% or 16% but will forward if you waiting

important to set the automatic sleep mode to 30 min!

Did that and it worked. Thank you very much.
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules