Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Skydio 2 with Beacon, testing settings
1592 12 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying manual, is not race car fast as the M2.  M2P and P4PV2.0 still produce better photographic images.  The Skydio 2 is 100% the best consumer tracking drone on the market as I know.  Accidentally dronied at 6:40 when a small tree was behind it and it cleared it.

2020-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't seem to be very stable on a hover,  keeps moving around even though you were still.
2020-1-17
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-17 02:09
It doesn't seem to be very stable on a hover,  keeps moving around even though you were still.

yeah, high high winds
2020-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2020-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-17 08:58
yeah, high high winds

Did you see the Billy Kyle review,  he showed that the M2P can be much more cinematic when in active track and the Skydio 2 gets the shot regardless how it needs to fly.
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 05:08
Did you see the Billy Kyle review,  he showed that the M2P can be much more cinematic when in active track and the Skydio 2 gets the shot regardless how it needs to fly.

I know the M2P is more cinematic even the Mavic Mini is more cinematic.  The Skydio 2 is exactly what I want for object target tracking.  I want that high-speed tight tracking that just cannot be done unless you have multiple cameras to look at when going all directions.  Skydio 2 has AI Deep Neural processings that the other drones do not have.  I was looking into how the Deep learning works before I knew about the Skydio 2.  We compare the differences at the result level but deep down, the Skydio 2 OA system is on another level.

It would be great for sports tracking athletes, training, etc.  I haven't really tackled that quest which was originally the reasoning getting the Spark.  Somewhat copying the way the NFL Combine does the camera works.  Drones are great to have a 3D mirror that cannot be had with just looking at a mirror from a fixed position.  People should be utilizing drones more often for this kind of work but most of the world has no idea as what currently works is good enough.  Doing aerial work can show things that cannot be truly seen from ground level.  Sure, the whole I'm looking at things from perspectives different than most of the world or I'm up so high this is amazing gets old.  I prefer mission and objective-based situations and getting that which induces progress is great.  I used to walk super tight but because I had the Spark, I realized I need to move properly so it help me correct that because what goes on in my mind and what is actually going on are 2 different things.  You can get instant results as you can see what is happening or you can just let stuff be or hire someone to spot things for you.

Look at how they track the athletes on this but the issue is if everyone wanted to have their own personal camera in the air, air space would either be reserved or drones banned.

Basically, I'm trying to make sure the Skydio 2 can keep up with anything it tracks under 30mph.  The DJI drones fail at this.
2020-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 08:07
I know the M2P is more cinematic even the Mavic Mini is more cinematic.  The Skydio 2 is exactly what I want for object target tracking.  I want that high-speed tight tracking that just cannot be done unless you have multiple cameras to look at when going all directions.  Skydio 2 has AI Deep Neural processings that the other drones do not have.  I was looking into how the Deep learning works before I knew about the Skydio 2.  We compare the differences at the result level but deep down, the Skydio 2 OA system is on another level.

It would be great for sports tracking athletes, training, etc.  I haven't really tackled that quest which was originally the reasoning getting the Spark.  Somewhat copying the way the NFL Combine does the camera works.  Drones are great to have a 3D mirror that cannot be had with just looking at a mirror from a fixed position.  People should be utilizing drones more often for this kind of work but most of the world has no idea as what currently works is good enough.  Doing aerial work can show things that cannot be truly seen from ground level.  Sure, the whole I'm looking at things from perspectives different than most of the world or I'm up so high this is amazing gets old.  I prefer mission and objective-based situations and getting that which induces progress is great.  I used to walk super tight but because I had the Spark, I realized I need to move properly so it help me correct that because what goes on in my mind and what is actually going on are 2 different things.  You can get instant results as you can see what is happening or you can just let stuff be or hire someone to spot things for you.

I have the M2P tracking my car at 30mph,  just not as close as the skydio2 would.  It didn't fail just took some practice to find the sweet spot.
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-21 01:35
I have the M2P tracking my car at 30mph,  just not as close as the skydio2 would.  It didn't fail just took some practice to find the sweet spot.

I've done it before too with the M2Z.  It was manual tracked on the end car.

When the visual is completely lost it keeps going with prediction but it doesn't mean it is correct at 0:43.

The Skydio 2 completely predicts when something is in the way but I haven't tried it w/ the beacon.  The problem is the Skydio 2 cannot follow you more than say 50 feet away.  The M2 allows you go as far until it loses the tracking.  With follow-me mode on the P4PV2.0 and Inspire 1, you can go up to around 100m but signal can still be lost and it just sits.  I had a vid but I didn't upload it.  No doubt, it's better than nothing.
2020-1-21
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi,
I wonder if DJI will buy the company to use the AI protocol?  just a thought…...
2020-1-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 1-21 09:48
hi,
I wonder if DJI will buy the company to use the AI protocol?  just a thought…...

Having AI in everything, from what I've witnessed is going to make life a lot better.  The fact they can pack that kind of AI into this system complete for $1k, imagine all the other areas that would have AI non-drone related.  Everything you have would eventually have some kind of AI.  This wasn't even server run cloud AI, this was local on the fly dynamic AI.
2020-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-21 09:06
I've done it before too with the M2Z.  It was manual tracked on the end car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFITLR1DTbQ

Looks like your were going too fast for the Mavic to keep up.
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-22 00:37
Looks like your were going too fast for the Mavic to keep up.

Testing the limits.
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-22 00:52
Testing the limits.

You certainly were.
2020-1-22