Quickshot mode for film recordings of your own house.
2633 6 2020-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

I would like to make film recordings of our house. The house has a flat roof. Is it possible to make it with quickshots?

The circle mode is not suitable because the distance is too small. The heli mode is probably more suitable.
Now I had the idea to start the Mavic Mini from the roof in order to reach more height and to avoid annoying obstacles.

Is it possible to enlarge the circle or the height.
Or should you manually circle the house always with a view of the house? I imagine that a little difficult.

2020-1-16
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I plan to do a manual survey of roof and Chimney…  too many trees.
2020-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  With regards to the Quickshot ( Circle ) Function of your DJI Mavic Mini. Kindly Please try to circle around with the initial diameter and height. The maximum speed is 6 m/s. In addition I will post some instruction on how to create Quickshots. Thank you.

2020-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manual circle is not that hard, It just take a bit of practice. These two videos were shot one after another just a few days apart (and my 1st and 2nd attempts at a circling shot) and you can see that I got much better at keeping the object in the center while circling in the second one.

2020-1-17
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

The crux of the maneuver is to fly sideways while yawing in the other direction. Right stick to the right, left stick a little bit to the left = counterclockwise. Right stick to the left, left stick a little bit to the right = clockwise. Only move the sticks minimally during the flight, just so that the object remains in the middle. You will see at the beginning it is more than a helix than a circle. Just look for a single tree and practice. Another option ... you stand on the roof and mark yourself as an object for the quickshot or 5 boxes of beer on top of each other. ;-)
2020-1-17
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

jonny007 Posted at 1-17 13:17
The crux of the maneuver is to fly sideways while yawing in the other direction. Right stick to the right, left stick a little bit to the left = counterclockwise. Right stick to the left, left stick a little bit to the right = clockwise. Only move the sticks minimally during the flight, just so that the object remains in the middle. You will see at the beginning it is more than a helix than a circle. Just look for a single tree and practice. Another option ... you stand on the roof and mark yourself as an object for the quickshot or 5 boxes of beer on top of each other. ;-)

Thanks,
Yes, the best way is to practice and practice in the open field

Right stick to the right, left stick a little bit to the left = counterclockwise.  

2020-1-18
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Yeah manual orbits are not that hard and really fun.
Like other users mention, turn all the helping marks, cross, diagonals, so you can keep the subject centered, and try both movements right stick left, left stick right and viceversa, once you get a nice movement you can try moving the left stick up to create the spiral ascending effect.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules