FLYING WITH OTHER DRONES NEARBY
1207 8 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I have been wondering if anyone flies with other people flying? I had a friend over last week with a phantom 2, and was experiencing connection problems with my mini, and the connection problems started at around 350 ft away, place I have flown over 20 times, just wondering if anybody flies with others?
2020-1-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown with a friend of mine. He has the spark and we had a pretty enjoyable flight trying to chase one another and then see if we could catch the other in each others camera shots. It all worked well and we had no issues, and had a lot of fun too!!
2020-1-17
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

thanks for the replies, I think it might have been the P2, it was having alot of problems, would not hover by itself and almost impossible to fly, my friend is on the BLM firefighters and they gave him this old P2, its a dinasaur, has a very expensive looking controller, and a 12 inch monitor, tht we just cany figure out, cant seem to get any info or telematics on it, it is definately not the original controller,Tim
2020-1-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-17 10:28
I have flown with multiple people at once, both drones & fixed-wings.  One thing not to do is stand right next to one another.  Allow 10-15" standing room between each other while flying.

https://youtu.be/9OQugUKxl3E

wow, that's awesome!   thanks for posting.
2020-1-17
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-17 10:28
I have flown with multiple people at once, both drones & fixed-wings.  One thing not to do is stand right next to one another.  Allow 10-15" standing room between each other while flying.

https://youtu.be/9OQugUKxl3E

That was really cool!
2020-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive found that someone standing directly between me and the controller can cause disconnects, so make sure there is some space around you.
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_p9KcnI0mzBpY
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same issue last week. I was flying my spark and my father in law started flying his phantom and I started getting a controller connection error.
2020-5-19
Use props
fans1cfb5a5b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Not a problem, range was also good but I took care to power my Mini after his more powerful Pro drone. Anyway... I am wondering about other UAVs avoidance.

I've set my Fly app to publish my details when online, trouble is... I don't wanna be online for several reasons among which a second device distributing Internet access via Wi-Fi and keeping that device in my belt pouch I don't like a radiating element next to my crotch, if you know what I mean
I have no idea whether other Fly App users appear on the map, it'd be nice.
2020-5-19
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

I have not tried this but it sounds fun
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules