Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini distance flight limits to 50m and 30m
51120 39 2020-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodrigo Ruiz
New
Flight distance : 858386 ft
Mexico

Well, today was my first flight with the mavic mini and i got to say that its a wonderful product but there was something that was bothering me and that was, as you previously read in the title, that the flight distance was limited to 50m horizontally and 30m vertically, I dont know if its a problem that is only happening to me or it is also happening to other people. Can someone please tell me what is this problem, and if you had it how did you fixed it.
Thank You
2020-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exit tutorial mode.
2020-1-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Rodrigo,

Happy many landings with your MM!

If i may say:  do read all about fly-aways, uh  i mean blow-aways, and understand how to check the MM before and after takeoff.

cheers
JJB
2020-1-18
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Read manual several times, it's there.
By default "tutorial mode" limits you to those distances, also using prop guards or having additional weight will limit the distance and altitude.
2020-1-18
Use props
Carlos Hernandez2
New

Indonesia

How do you exit tutorial mode?
2020-3-4
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Carlos Hernandez2 Posted at 3-4 01:31
How do you exit tutorial mode?

By finally reading the manual?  https://www.dji.com/ca/mavic-mini/downloads
2020-3-4
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like others have said you must exit tutorial mode, just keep messing around with it, you will get the hang of it, these thing can be confusing to beginners.
2020-3-4
Use props
Newton_UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lifeisfun Posted at 3-4 02:31

Gadzooks! What are you suggesting?!!!
2020-3-4
Use props
djiuser_dsBR3IJXq2qv
New

Canada

How do you exit tutorial mode....?
2020-5-31
Use props
Dudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584734 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just had this same problem with my Mavic Air 2. My flight was restricted to 30m height & 50m distance. I've searched the user manual for the drone and there's nothing about being in "tutorial mode," the only mention of these restrictions is that they kick in when the DJI Fly app is not connected to the controller. Seeing as the Fly app is used for both Mini & Air 2, it could well be the same issue, however in my case my phone was definitely connected and working as normal so that can't be the reason for the restriction. There is also a beginner mode mentioned in other texts, but this restricts the drone to a 30m radius, not 50m, so it can't be that either. I landed the drone, power cycled everything and my next flight had no restrictions. I've tried searching for an answer though, which is how I came across this post, just in case it happens again. So far, I've found nothing that helps.
2020-6-2
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

These people have no idea what they are talking about. Remove the prop guards. You are in payload mode. It restricts the flight distance with the prop guards on. You should only really use them indoors.
2020-6-2
Use props
Dudge
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

22340179 Posted at 6-2 13:26
These people have no idea what they are talking about. Remove the prop guards. You are in payload mode. It restricts the flight distance with the prop guards on. You should only really use them indoors.

The OP didn't mention if he was using prop guards, so while it may help him if your assumption is correct, in my case it is not.
2020-6-2
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dudge Posted at 6-2 15:21
The OP didn't mention if he was using prop guards, so while it may help him if your assumption is correct, in my case it is not.

He has props on, it limits your flight distance to that.
2020-6-2
Use props
Dudge
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

22340179 Posted at 6-2 15:25
He has props on, it limits your flight distance to that.

He doesn't say that he has prop guards on, you are assuming he does. I can't speak for him though, only myself, and while I am using a different drone it is the same app & the same problem and I was definitely not using any prop guards or in payload mode.
2020-6-2
Use props
Micky_T
New
Flight distance : 45686 ft
United Kingdom

Despite comments from several individual, who seem more intent on criticising than helping, Let me try to help, as I have experienced the same. You are not in tutorial mode and there is nothing in the manual that will help you. Go to the DJI Fly app on your phone (Don't need to be connect to controller or drone.) Click on profile, settings, scroll down and log out. Shut the App, then simply open it and log in again, your problem will be solved.
Why is this? …. not entirely sure but I did read somewhere that it is required after a firmware update? I don't care why, it works frustrating that there is nothing in the manual about this.
2020-6-8
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

It’s called beginners mode in the fly app it’s under settings

I will have a look when I get home . And let you know exactly where it is
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_nwWiSQL53iAJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18333 ft
United Kingdom

I was in the same situation.
Post #16 helped me.
In my case I found that Payload mode was active therefore the fligh was limited to 30m high and 50m distance.
2020-6-14
Use props
Peekabook
New

Australia

Micky_T Posted at 6-8 05:11
Despite comments from several individual, who seem more intent on criticising than helping, Let me try to help, as I have experienced the same. You are not in tutorial mode and there is nothing in the manual that will help you. Go to the DJI Fly app on your phone (Don't need to be connect to controller or drone.) Click on profile, settings, scroll down and log out. Shut the App, then simply open it and log in again, your problem will be solved.
Why is this? …. not entirely sure but I did read somewhere that it is required after a firmware update? I don't care why, it works frustrating that there is nothing in the manual about this.

Thank you for you to share this knowledge. I almost gave up reading through the posts as you mentioned many people wrote quite a few things, but not very helpful. I had to use this drone for some commercial purpose, because of the unexpected 30m altitude restriction, almost got into trouble. I tried your method, now it's all fixed. Thank you.
2020-10-3
Use props
djiuser_v6knFwU9qjxU
New

United States

Remove the propeller guards.

Flight restrictions removed.

Solved.
2020-11-3
Use props
Teo Marsič
New

Slovenia

Wiz33 Posted at 1-17 19:15
Exit tutorial mode.

How to exit this ffuuccking tutorial mode? For 2 days i try to find how to do it but i dont know. I dont have it in app
2020-11-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Teo Marsič Posted at 11-15 04:39
How to exit this ffuuccking tutorial mode? For 2 days i try to find how to do it but i dont know. I dont have it in app

Look under setting in the DJI fly app. It maybe listed as Beginners Mode.
2020-11-15
Use props
fans5a356e85
New
Flight distance : 12513 ft
Belgium

Hello,
You have to finish the beginner tutorial to be free of limitation ;)
Cheers. O.
2021-1-1
Use props
Werbi
New
Belgium

My last comment is wrong. I had the same issue later. But after deblocking a random geozone near to me and link my Fly Safe account to my mobile number, it was ok where I was blocked before.
It’s better to do it on a computer, the site is not really mobile friendly ! I hope it will help you all, the process is not smooth or correctly explained at all (and only in English...)
>> dji.co m/be/mobile/flysafe/self-unlock
2021-1-10
Use props
Werbi
New
Belgium

Easy tip, if you don’t have the mobile logo on your comment, it should be normal if you are blocked !  You must identify yourself to fly without limitation.
2021-1-10
Use props
EricDimitri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37566 ft
Uruguay

Micky_T Posted at 2020-6-8 05:11
Despite comments from several individual, who seem more intent on criticising than helping, Let me try to help, as I have experienced the same. You are not in tutorial mode and there is nothing in the manual that will help you. Go to the DJI Fly app on your phone (Don't need to be connect to controller or drone.) Click on profile, settings, scroll down and log out. Shut the App, then simply open it and log in again, your problem will be solved.

Thanks a lot. It was able to fly past the 50 meters distance after doing exactly what you said.
THANK YOU!!!!
2021-2-7
Use props
djiuser_wSjSYu04cUkQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7766 ft
United Kingdom

I'd like to thank you too as I had this issue today as well and it has NOTHING to do with reading any manual.
2021-2-20
Use props
Flip FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113648 ft
Belgium

I had the same issue on Mini 1 & Mini 2 using a Iphone XR.
Switching the phone to airplane mode solved it, don’t ask me why.
2021-3-7
Use props
themetman
New
Flight distance : 63540 ft
Ireland

Flip FPV Posted at 3-7 05:27
I had the same issue on Mini 1 & Mini 2 using a Iphone XR.
Switching the phone to airplane mode solved it, don’t ask me why.

I would really like to be able to disable the Height & Distance restrictions on my Mini 2 with Propellar Guards attached.
Putting the phone into Airplane Mode does not work for me.
Is there a crafty 'Fix' for this?
2021-4-12
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8708737 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

themetman Posted at 4-12 00:16
I would really like to be able to disable the Height & Distance restrictions on my Mini 2 with Propellar Guards attached.
Putting the phone into Airplane Mode does not work for me.
Is there a crafty 'Fix' for this?

If you're gonna fly outside anyway, don't use the prop guards anymore, they add a lot of unecessary weight and cause a lot of drag, that's why DJI detects it and limits your height. Besides you don't need it if you're gonna fly high outside, the only chance it will be safe to use is if it's indoors or low altitude flights outside.
2021-4-12
Use props
themetman
New
Flight distance : 63540 ft
Ireland

ranrick Posted at 4-12 02:17
If you're gonna fly outside anyway, don't use the prop guards anymore, they add a lot of unecessary weight and cause a lot of drag, that's why DJI detects it and limits your height. Besides you don't need it if you're gonna fly high outside, the only chance it will be safe to use is if it's indoors or low altitude flights outside.

@ranrick, thanks for the swift response!
Having done a bit more flying without the guards, I can see that the battery lasts considerably longer, so it would seem to be a 'No Brainer'.
Thanks a million for the advice!
2021-4-13
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8708737 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

themetman Posted at 4-13 00:55
@ranrick, thanks for the swift response!
Having done a bit more flying without the guards, I can see that the battery lasts considerably longer, so it would seem to be a 'No Brainer'.
Thanks a million for the advice!

Very welcome, happy flying!
2021-4-13
Use props
Olivier Beck
New

Belgium

Peekabook Posted at 2020-10-3 19:00
Thank you for you to share this knowledge. I almost gave up reading through the posts as you mentioned many people wrote quite a few things, but not very helpful. I had to use this drone for some commercial purpose, because of the unexpected 30m altitude restriction, almost got into trouble. I tried your method, now it's all fixed. Thank you.

Same here, thank you for your answer! I have same problem: at my home it all works fine but when I go to the pitch where we practice the drone blocks at 30m en 50m. Trying to logout and back in but did not help… I’m hopeless searching for an answer
2021-6-11
Use props
nzee
New

Israel

Almost everyone recommended taking off the propgaurds - I didn't want to do this for my son just starting off with the drone.

Took your advice - log off, shut app, open app, log in....and boom - we are flying off to distant lands with the protection of prop-gaurds and flight time even with them is great.

Cheers! Thanks for the advice.
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_0U9p784KcHkP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13858 ft
Belgium

merci pour l' info super ca fonctionne
2021-8-27
Use props
yarnez
New

Australia

lifeisfun Posted at 2020-3-4 02:31

you smartass cocksucker if i wanted to read the manual I wouldnt be asking smartass dimwits like you for help
2022-3-22
Use props
Murray Mini 3
New

Canada

I wanted to also thank you! It appears one must also be logged in, but thanks! Frustration gone!
2022-5-15
Use props
simple user
New

United States

Dear DJI Mavic people. I have had your drone for years. I've only flown a few short times because of the Heavy Restrictions and Time Limits on your drone.  Today for the first time in years I had the 50m/30m issue and didn't know what it was. I had everything uploaded. Yes, I have propeller guards on, and always have. I will try removing them next time.  I ask you to PLEASE make something that works. The amount of time to charge the batteries, download all the updates, and then the 2nd download of updates when you are out in the field*, and then the silly restrictions like I'm really going to compete with airstrip landings, and all that, makes your product so nearly useless that I am asking you to PLEASE make something that is easy and works. (*Easily wasting a full day.)  I wasted hours literally only to fly for some 20 minutes out in the field (twice, once for each battery) and have this 50/30m thing confound me.  What a waste of money this is. If anyone knows a real product that really works without costing nearly a grand, please let me know.*  I can only imagine that you have these enormous restrictions because someone is paranoid about where I am going to fly. ... And today at my property, outside, I was asked to turn on my microphone. Really? What happened to you people?   (*All I want to do is fly around and take nice pictures/videos of scenery, landscape. You would think that is allowed?)  And again, all this nonsense to verify and double verify who I am just so I can make a post. What is wrong with you people? -- Make something that works please.
2023-5-21
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

You people?

Damn... Lunch time is over... Great thread...
2023-5-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

simple user Posted at 5-21 16:37
Dear DJI Mavic people. I have had your drone for years. I've only flown a few short times because of the Heavy Restrictions and Time Limits on your drone.  Today for the first time in years I had the 50m/30m issue and didn't know what it was. I had everything uploaded. Yes, I have propeller guards on, and always have. I will try removing them next time.  I ask you to PLEASE make something that works. The amount of time to charge the batteries, download all the updates, and then the 2nd download of updates when you are out in the field*, and then the silly restrictions like I'm really going to compete with airstrip landings, and all that, makes your product so nearly useless that I am asking you to PLEASE make something that is easy and works. (*Easily wasting a full day.)  I wasted hours literally only to fly for some 20 minutes out in the field (twice, once for each battery) and have this 50/30m thing confound me.  What a waste of money this is. If anyone knows a real product that really works without costing nearly a grand, please let me know.*  I can only imagine that you have these enormous restrictions because someone is paranoid about where I am going to fly. ... And today at my property, outside, I was asked to turn on my microphone. Really? What happened to you people?   (*All I want to do is fly around and take nice pictures/videos of scenery, landscape. You would think that is allowed?)  And again, all this nonsense to verify and double verify who I am just so I can make a post. What is wrong with you people? -- Make something that works please.

How strange, I haven't updated my Mavic Mini since I got it 3 years and 1 week ago and it still flies perfectly well using a ver 1.6 app. I'm on 900+ flights now if memory serves me correctly.
Are you logged out of the App by any chance?
2023-5-22
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117835 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Air 2 for years and have been flying it (with internet) with no problems or restrictions.  Two days ago I went camping in the middle of nowhere with no internet.  In attempting to fly it over the lake and have the drone follow me while I was canoeing I got this stinking "Account not logged in. Flight altitude and distance restricted to 20 m and 50m. Check and log in (Code: 30000003)".

No I don't have prop guards on.  Also I don't think I've been in beginner/tutorial mode for years and not known it.

This was a real bummer since it was a 5 hour drive to this camping spot!  
2023-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules