New SC Go4 App stops during flight.
1089 8 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just got my new smart controller yesterday. Updated firmware via wifi, set everything up and tried it with my Mavic 2 Pro this morning. All seems great except three times the Go4 App dropped during flight. I just flew close by and the "Go Fly" tab was there to restart the app each time. Still makes me uneasy. Any idea what would cause this? I just did the latest firmware refresh on the Smart Controller via the PC even though it said the latest was alresy installed. Cant test it again until tomorrow. Any thoughts? Also not using a SD card in the controller of that matters.
2020-1-18
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

In some cases, folks have either hit the physical BACK BUTTON just to the left of the left stick or accidentally touched the screen just below that stick which has a BACK action if tapped.  It will drop out of the app in either case.  A few users have even made a 3d cover or lid to protect that corner of the screen from accidental hits.  That might not be your problem but it could be.

Good luck.
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 1-18 07:46
In some cases, folks have either hit the physical BACK BUTTON just to the left of the left stick or accidentally touched the screen just below that stick which has a BACK action if tapped.  It will drop out of the app in either case.  A few users have even made a 3d cover or lid to protect that corner of the screen from accidental hits.  That might not be your problem but it could be.

Good luck.

Thanks. You know the way I was holding the controller with my left hand I bet I did hit the back button by mistake. When I test tomorrow I will keep aware of that. Everything else was great. Thanks for you pointing that out.
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you receive any error message when the DJI Go 4 application restarted? If you could provide us a screenshot of the error message that would be great. Also, the advice of our fellow member ff22 on post #2 is correct, please make sure that you are aware of that back button on the screen since the app might be restarted if you accidentally hit that. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-18
Use props
TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft
Sweden

My equipment is M2P and Smart RC.

DJI GO 4 suddenly just died, happened to me today, (all latest updates are made including FW V01.00.0650).

Flight record from Takeoff, until the app's stop is in Smart RC in Internal DJI/dji.go.v4/FlighRecord,
but its flight data is not included in the update of the remaining flights today.

The data file may be damaged or not terminated correctly.
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 08:22
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you receive any error message when the DJI Go 4 application restarted? If you could provide us a screenshot of the error message that would be great. Also, the advice of our fellow member ff22 on post #2 is correct, please make sure that you are aware of that back button on the screen since the app might be restarted if you accidentally hit that. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I don’t remember any error message when I restarted the app.  If it happens again and there is one I will take a screenshot. Hopefully hitting the back button or tab is what I was mistakenly doing.
2020-1-18
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz Posted at 1-18 07:55
Thanks. You know the way I was holding the controller with my left hand I bet I did hit the back button by mistake. When I test tomorrow I will keep aware of that. Everything else was great. Thanks for you pointing that out.

If your finger hits the "DJI" logo/letters in that upper left corner of the screen, the app will close.  It is not an obvious "BACK" button.
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Happy to report I just went through two batteries and had no Go4 app drop outs.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz Posted at 1-18 13:06
I don’t remember any error message when I restarted the app.  If it happens again and there is one I will take a screenshot. Hopefully hitting the back button or tab is what I was mistakenly doing.

Please keep us posted on the test flight that you will be conducting for your drone. Thank you and fly safely!
2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules