5908 22 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sangpur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126562 ft
Thailand

Hi,
The remote of my brand new Mavic 2 Pro seams to have a severe range issue where everything works as long as i stay within a meter of the drone. I used to have a Mavic 2 Zoom, so i am very familiar with the Mavic 2 series and i have never had a similar issue.
I did one short flight yesterday where i was able to fly about 200m away. This morning i did all the updates and went out again. Lost connection to the remote as i was getting off the ground. carefully catched the flying drone. The controller was displaying rc signal lost. So i tried resyncing the drone and the remote and did some more tests on the ground and in several different locations.
In total i tested on a mountain, in a valley, in a urban garden and inside a house.
The obvious first step was try going back to a previous version (for both the drone and the remote) and checking the forums. Both didn't yield any results.

To describe the issue as clearly as possible:
The drone and the controller can connect and transmit rc and video data fine, as long as i don't move further away than about 1m from the drone. Further than that, the remote will not detect the drone or lose connection if it was connected. The further the controller is the less bars are indicated on the lcd screen. The video signal does not seam to be affected by the range issue but as soon as the controller loses the drone, the video feed also goes, even though it stays at 4-5 bars.
I tried without phone connected and using the bottom usb port instead of the left side one. I tried different cables but it seams to me that the antennas of the remote might be lose or something, that would explain that everything works fine but the range is so bad.
I won't be opening up the controller to check out of fear of loosing my brand new drone's garantie.

Any ideas?
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. May I ask what happened prior to the said issue occurs? Did you update the firmware? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please try to check the antenna if this was positioned correctly. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2020-1-18
Use props
Sangpur
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 08:18
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. May I ask what happened prior to the said issue occurs? Did you update the firmware? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please try to check the antenna if this was positioned correctly. You may refer to the tutorial below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thank you for your fast response. The controller is set up with the antennas properly.
Maybe i haven't described this clearly enough in my post. On my first flight i was flying on the firmware it shipped with. Everything seamed normal to me.
Before my second flight and all the problems, i updated both drone and controller to the newest version with the djo go 4 app.
Ever since, the range of the controller is about 1m instead of 9km.
I tried every older version i could install with the dji assistant for mavic but the range issue stayed the same.
2020-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sangpur Posted at 1-18 20:52
Thank you for your fast response. The controller is set up with the antennas properly.
Maybe i haven't described this clearly enough in my post. On my first flight i was flying on the firmware it shipped with. Everything seamed normal to me.
Before my second flight and all the problems, i updated both drone and controller to the newest version with the djo go 4 app.

Thank you for your response and sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh your current firmware using DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists? Also, please make sure that you are not in the DJI No-Fly zone to avoid this kind of similar issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-19
Use props
Sangpur
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 14:38
Thank you for your response and sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh your current firmware using DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists? Also, please make sure that you are not in the DJI No-Fly zone to avoid this kind of similar issues. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thank you for the fast reply. I tried all the different versions available on the dji assistant for mavic without any change.
I am not flying in a no fly zone. I can start and operate the drone completely normally, as long as i stay at less than 1m with the remote.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sangpur Posted at 1-19 23:20
Thank you for the fast reply. I tried all the different versions available on the dji assistant for mavic without any change.
I am not flying in a no fly zone. I can start and operate the drone completely normally, as long as i stay at less than 1m with the remote.

I'm sorry for the trouble that caused you. Did you receive any error message on the application? Can you please send us a screenshot for us to possibly forward this to our designated department. Also, did you try to relink the Aircraft to the RC? You may refer to the tutorial below. Keep us posted. Thank you!

2020-1-23
Use props
Sangpur
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 14:21
I'm sorry for the trouble that caused you. Did you receive any error message on the application? Can you please send us a screenshot for us to possibly forward this to our designated department. Also, did you try to relink the Aircraft to the RC? You may refer to the tutorial below. Keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA

Thanks for the good tipp, sadly this did not help.
Somehow everything is worse now. I am getting an error, that i can not fly because of the IMU. I tried calibrating it like was recommended in another thread with no result, the error message stayed there. Additionally i do not receive a feed from the camera anymore. Even though it tells me hd connection is very strong. All of this id new but the problem with the range is still there.

So what have i done. I tried syncing the drone with the controller without phone, by pressing the four buttons. This did only work when the controller was closer than 1m to the drone. Then i tried it with the phone, with the same result. That is when i looked at the error message and noticed that i was not getting any video signal.
I have no idea what is going on but i feel that my brand new drone is completely broken.
Screenshot_20200124-175131.png
Screenshot_20200124-175110.png
Screenshot_20200124-175103.png
2020-1-24
Use props
Sangpur
lvl.1
Thailand

The radio Chanel quality is only good when i am at 5cm from the drone.
About the video problem, i also tried connecting the phone with a normal usb cable with the same result.
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sangpur Posted at 1-24 03:22
Thanks for the good tipp, sadly this did not help.
Somehow everything is worse now. I am getting an error, that i can not fly because of the IMU. I tried calibrating it like was recommended in another thread with no result, the error message stayed there. Additionally i do not receive a feed from the camera anymore. Even though it tells me hd connection is very strong. All of this id new but the problem with the range is still there.

Hi, Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-1-25
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

my drone have problem with that too..very similar any solving problem? no crash no hardlanding upgrade firmware....and then lost signal only in 1 meter so sad
2020-7-12
Use props
Sangpur
lvl.1
Germany

anto noprianto Posted at 7-12 19:16
my drone have problem with that too..very similar any solving problem? no crash no hardlanding upgrade firmware....and then lost signal only in 1 meter so sad

Hi, sorry to hear that. I didn't find a solution.
I talked to the DJI support and sent the drone back.
They gave me a new one.
2020-7-13
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Sangpur Posted at 7-13 03:44
Hi, sorry to hear that. I didn't find a solution.
I talked to the DJI support and sent the drone back.
They gave me a new one.

ohh see...my guarantee was expired..
2020-7-13
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 16:26
Hi, Since you've managed to exhaust the troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the problem on your drone, however, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/support
haii Gamora, any ideas to solved this problem? i have the same problem with my mavic 2 pro Rc, "No Rc signal" only more then 1 meter in the ground...im so stressed
2020-7-15
Use props
Angelito R
New

Madagascar

Hello, I have a same problem with my mavic 2 pro yesterday.  Just 2 meters == "No Rc signal" == "Connecting" .. I think it's a frequency problem or wifi.

Any ideas???
2020-7-16
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

Angelito R Posted at 7-16 06:42
Hello, I have a same problem with my mavic 2 pro yesterday.  Just 2 meters == "No Rc signal" == "Connecting" .. I think it's a frequency problem or wifi.

Any ideas???

until now my aircraft cannot fly..it has been 3 weeks..i cannot solve this problem...hai DJI can you help us?
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_SONn47uhZe15
New

Myanmar

You can solved this error

Set => HD->Channel Mode->5.8 GHz
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_SONn47uhZe15
New

Myanmar

You can solved this error

Set => HD->Channel Mode->5.8 GHz
2022-2-15
Use props
iFlyCameras
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

this can also be caused by linking one controller as a secondary one.
try re-linking controller with drone, choose primary controller
2023-2-14
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

A friendly hello to all here :-)

I have exactly the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro as described here. The RC signal from the remote control is extremely weak. Only when I put the remote control directly on the Mavic 2 Pro can I connect the devices. It doesn't matter where I do it. I have already tried everything.
I am at a loss and very frustrated as I have a holiday coming up and wanted to take the drone with me :-/

Both the remote control and the drone have the latest firmware:
Remote control: 01.00.0770
Mavic 2 Pro: 01.00.0790
App: 4.3.54 (on Android phone)

I have already tested a firmware downgrade of the remote control, unfortunately without success. I am not offered a downgrade for the Mavic 2 Pro, only a refresh of the current firmware. Of course I did that too, no improvement.

Is there a solution for this problem in the meantime?

Regards
Frank, the new guy here

Remote

Remote

Mavic 2 Pro

Mavic 2 Pro
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FrankZ70 Posted at 8-7 03:34
A friendly hello to all here :-)

I have exactly the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro as described here. The RC signal from the remote control is extremely weak. Only when I put the remote control directly on the Mavic 2 Pro can I connect the devices. It doesn't matter where I do it. I have already tried everything.

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean the drone will directly disconnect from the remote controller when the remote is not directly touch the drone? If so, please try to refresh the firmware and pair the drone and remote controller again to see if it works. You may also test in a different place with less interference.
2023-8-8
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, I have already tried it in a few places, including open fields where nothing far and wide should interfere with the drone. If the remote control is 1 cm in front of the drone, I get a connection with a signal strength of 4 out of 5. If I move away with the remote control, the signal strength indicator goes down and after about 1 m the connection is completely disconnected. Flying is out of the question ;-)
I have already reinstalled the firmware several times (refresh). With or without an SD card inserted is also irrelevant.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FrankZ70 Posted at 8-8 01:07
Hello, I have already tried it in a few places, including open fields where nothing far and wide should interfere with the drone. If the remote control is 1 cm in front of the drone, I get a connection with a signal strength of 4 out of 5. If I move away with the remote control, the signal strength indicator goes down and after about 1 m the connection is completely disconnected. Flying is out of the question ;-)
I have already reinstalled the firmware several times (refresh). With or without an SD card inserted is also irrelevant.

Thanks for the update. In this case, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-8
Use props
FrankZ70
lvl.1

Germany

ok thank you
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules