Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Freezing and green lines in dji fpv goggles
7954 14 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC11
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I've been having some issues with the image in the goggles freezing either mid flight and also even when I first arm the quad when I'm trying to take off stood next to the drone. I'm also occationaly getting green lines on the screen when this happens. I have a full set of new antennas for both the air unit and goggles and it dosen't seem to be a siginal problem as far as I can tell as I don't get any drop off before it freezes. I don't have an sd card in the air unit but do in the goggles, so I can see when I look back that the video skips. Needless to say I tend to crash when it freezes and I'm about ready to throw it off a cliff ;)

Could this be an issue with the camera on the drone, or the DJI FPV Air Unit Coaxial Cable the between the air unit an the camera?

Help would be appreciated, Thanks!
2020-1-18
Use props
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hello, same problem here. Happenned to me today in flight.  Screen froze. Could have resulted in more serious crash.
It is a problem with the goggles, not the air unit.

Please see picture

Anybody else had the same issue?
IMG_6379.jpg
IMG_6379.jpg
2020-2-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you fly like that?
2020-2-4
Use props
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

AntDX316 Posted at 2-4 04:57
How do you fly like that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXadGz7TcOM

Not exactly. More like that

1- DVR stops recording. Video recording freezes but video feed stays good for a few seconds and I can fly the quad
2 - Video feed freezes in googles, with green horizontal lines

To give more details :

-Using ScanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB UHS-I/Class 10 in DJI air unit
-No SD card in Goggles
-Using Firmware 1.2 in air unit and goggles
2020-2-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I'd quit flying it, especially at night.  Try a F722-STD F7 board.
What FC, ESC, motors, PIDs, betaflight version, settings, etc?  
2020-2-4
Use props
mc54
First Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

When it happens in the middle of an aggressive  maneuver, it is power related. Check your BEC voltage to Air Unit.  I prefer to use an ESC/FC combo specifically designed for the air unit, like the Kakutef7 HDV.
2020-2-5
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 2-5 09:10
When it happens in the middle of an aggressive  maneuver, it is power related. Check your BEC voltage to Air Unit.  I prefer to use an ESC/FC combo specifically designed for the air unit, like the Kakutef7 HDV.

You are better off getting an all-in-one board like Aikon AK32 then run PROSHOT1000.  Matek F722-STD F7 is said to be the choice but if you want a faster processor you can get an H7.  I haven't looked too much into it.  Problem with that is I don't think it has many UARTs?  F722-STD F7 has all kinds so I've hooked up everything and they all work such as GPS, Compass, all the other stuff.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ludo79
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hello all!!

In reply to AntDX316 :

I use :
Holybro Kakute F7 HD for DJI Air unit
T motor f55 esc
4S battery
DJI air unit powered by battery directly
Betaflight 4.1 RPM filtering enabled
Stock PIDS
2020-2-5
Use props
sirvPV
lvl.1
United States

Recently ran into this issue. It’s not the goggles as they work beautifully on another air drone. I am coming to find it’s a bad air unit.
2020-5-24
Use props
AC11
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah, after trying everything else I could think of I gave in an bought another air unit (rip) and it seems to have sorted it. Haven't had a proper flight yet, just waiting on the weather
2020-5-24
Use props
bsmithphotohotmail.com
New
United States

This is what i get in my screen now. They want me to send it in and wait for weeks.   I figured it would be faster to buy a new air unit but don’t have extra cash to get a new one, as this is three days old.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_SpyUdVdtuQqu
New

Poland

Ludo79 Posted at 2-4 04:13
Hello, same problem here. Happenned to me today in flight.  Screen froze. Could have resulted in more serious crash.
It is a problem with the goggles, not the air unit.

[Image]

Hello i have same problem With my new goggle . How you solve your?  Where i have to send my to dji?
2020-8-18
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

I see in another thread where one needs to check that the motor bolts aren't resting on the insulated motor wires or coils.
2021-6-7
Use props
djiuser_CcOOq8dpF3Rp
New

Canada

Anonymous1 Posted at 2021-6-7 03:28
I see in another thread where one needs to check that the motor bolts aren't resting on the insulated motor wires or coils.

This turned out to be my problem! Was having some weird issues sometimes where on the first flight I would lose video after a few seconds… after retrieving the drone and unplugging then replugging the battery upon arming I would see green lines then the video would cut out! I fixed it once before because I had my ground solder for the vista come loose. This time I was certain my ground was fine…. It ended up being that the screws I used for the motors were too long and pinched the wires causing a short! Will be flying soon but the rest seems to have worked well at home.
2022-7-1
Use props
autokilla
New

Russia

Comrades, can you tell me what to do with such green interference (and not only green ones)?
I am using the DJI Air Unit system.
https://youtu.be/KD-C_Xiik5Q
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules