Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal issues (not level)
5221 15 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edgard Ferreira
lvl.1
Australia

Right on my first flight with my brand new Mavic 2 Pro, I noticed that every time I fly horizontally from left to right or right to left the camera always tilts to the left creating an unpleasant not levelled image.
I have already done the following troubleshooting:

Gimbal auto-calibration
Drone Firmware refresh

None it has fixed the issue.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 1.31.46 pm.png
2020-1-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

be shure your gimbal is in "follow" mode.  If it's in "FPV" mode, it will tilt when manoeuvering to give a first-person perspective experience.

2020-1-19
Use props
Edgard Ferreira
lvl.1
Australia

JohnDG Posted at 1-19 01:49
be shure your gimbal is in "follow" mode.  If it's in "FPV" mode, it will tilt when manoeuvering to give a first-person perspective experience.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the message.

I can confirm that the gimbal has always been on "follow" mode.

It must be a problem with the gimbal itself.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I please ask what happened prior to the issue occurs? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please confirm if it does the same thing even you set it to "Follow Mode" or "FPV Mode"? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-1-19
Use props
Edgard Ferreira
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 09:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I please ask what happened prior to the issue occurs? Did the drone experience any hard landing? Also, can you please confirm if it does the same thing even you set it to "Follow Mode" or "FPV Mode"? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing has happened. I flew my drone only three times without any hard landing. I am an experienced pilot with over three years of experience. I have purchased the drone under a month ago, and this issue has been happening right out of the box.

You can find below a link to a video that shows what it is happening.

https://vimeo.com/385842539
Password: Mavic 2 Pro

Thanks
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Edgard Ferreira Posted at 1-19 11:51
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing has happened. I flew my drone only three times without any hard landing. I am an experienced pilot with over three years of experience. I have purchased the drone under a month ago, and this issue has been happening right out of the box.

Hi, thank you for your response. I cannot access the link that you had provided it has a password. Try to upload it on youtube and paste the link here for us to review it. Thank you!

1.png
2020-1-19
Use props
Alborat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143235 ft
Italy

Edgard Ferreira Posted at 1-19 11:51
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing has happened. I flew my drone only three times without any hard landing. I am an experienced pilot with over three years of experience. I have purchased the drone under a month ago, and this issue has been happening right out of the box.

Hi Edgard, I have the same issue with the gimbal. How did you solve it?
2020-3-24
Use props
Edgard Ferreira
lvl.1
Australia

Alborat Posted at 3-24 06:47

I had to send it back to DJI.

It was a hardware problem.
2020-3-25
Use props
Alborat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143235 ft
Italy

Edgard Ferreira Posted at 3-25 20:03

Thank you man,  I was getting crazy. Really helpful!
2020-4-1
Use props
drone catch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153327 ft
Cyprus

Alborat Posted at 3-24 06:47

Hi everyone i have a problem with dji mavic pro2 camera, its not looking to the center, but a bit to the left side. Can anyone suggest me what to do to fix it.
P.S I tried IMU but didnt work
2020-4-15
Use props
drone catch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153327 ft
Cyprus

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 09:28

Hi everyone i have a problem with dji mavic pro2 camera, its not looking to the center, but a bit to the left side. Can anyone suggest me what to do to fix it.
P.S I tried IMU but didnt work
2020-4-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Edgard Ferreira Posted at 3-25 20:03

Downgrading a firmware helped https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209352&mobile=2
2020-4-17
Use props
Heavenly Pictures
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

That is exactly the issue I'm having as well. Sadly I bought mine many months ago and never dreamed it would have been a hardware issue. I hope they will fix mine also.
2020-7-14
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Hi, I correctly updated the Mavic2 Pro the day before yesterday (without any problem) to the latest software and I realized that the resting gimbal is slightly yawed on the left, even despite the calibration of the gimbal itself and IMU. Do you have news of this bug?
Thank you
2020-7-17
Use props
Heavenly Pictures
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I just returned my Mavic 2 Pro with this same issue and they said it was not covered under my one year standard warranty. It's only 5 months old. I had to pay 250 bucks. I'm not even sure if this repair they are doing has solved this issue. The images they sent me of the damage was not even my droneI'll have it back in about a week and I'll report back.
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_5GYYKXXyNUga
New

United States

Hello. I’ve had my drone for 2 days and I’ve only flown it once. I am also having this problem. Is the only resolution so far to return it?
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules