Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thoughts on Insta360 One R Mount for Mavic?
1967 5 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I love my Insta360 One X and never really had an interest in the new One R, but after seeing this mount, I'm actually now considering it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKK94xcjb9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8bFNAU09v0

Love the idea of being able to get amazing shots in post editing without any fancy/dangerous flying

Might be sumthin DJI should look into implementing into future models

Anyone here have one of these setups?
2020-1-18
Use props
Gelert
Captain
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I understand that when using the Insta 369 One R Mavic mount you lose GPS and therefore can only fly in Atti Mode - for most that would be fancy/dangerous flying - especially if the pilot has no experience of Atti mode.
2020-1-18
Use props
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 1-18 22:36
I understand that when using the Insta 369 One R Mavic mount you lose GPS and therefore can only fly in Atti Mode - for most that would be fancy/dangerous flying - especially if the pilot has no experience of Atti mode.

From what I've read, the GPS on the MP is not affected, only the MP2 and Zoom models

Is this true?

I'm still rockin two of the old MP's and might be sticking with them if that's the case.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day 98 SNAKE EATER. Thank you for sharing your insights with regards to this matter and for sharing these links with us. These information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation and attention. Thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.
2020-1-19
Use props
Dean01
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as an MP(original)  pilot this is very good news. Thanks for sharing this information
2020-1-20
Use props
Gelert
Captain
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

98 SNAKE EATER Posted at 1-19 03:41
From what I've read, the GPS on the MP is not affected, only the MP2 and Zoom models

Is this true?

From the Insta website it appears you are correct Snake - its not compatible with Mavic 2 GPS but IS compatible with Mavic Pro GPS.

Obviously, it can still be used with Mavic 2 but without GPS ie Atti mode.only - so I guess that would mean no RTH and no positional stabilisation so will drift in the wind which means any flight would have to be totally VLOS  
2020-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules