Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USA, FAA Drone Registration Fraud
782 4 2020-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I am creating this thread to report on a serious threat to the USA Drone market and Drone pilots. There is a website out there masquerading as the offical FAA Drone Registration website. They are claiming you can register with the faa through their site and will give you an faa registration number. You can also purchuse an ID card and lables for your aircraft. However this site is a scam! the site is Droneregstration.com. I found out that it was a scam only recently when I tried to contact the FAA about my registration and was told that I had been defrauded by this site. I detail all of this and where to go to actually register and also to report the fraud in my video.

2020-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is a website out there masquerading as the offical FAA Drone Registration website. They are claiming you can register with the faa through their site and will give you an faa registration number.
Ever since FAA registration started, there have been several websites preying on droners that aren't aware.
There are quite a few and most do organise your registration but charge quite a bit more than the $5 that the FAA charges.
The simple test to know if you are dealing with one of them is:
Are they charging more than $5 ?
2020-1-19
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-19 01:18
There is a website out there masquerading as the offical FAA Drone Registration website. They are claiming you can register with the faa through their site and will give you an faa registration number.
Ever since FAA registration started, there have been several websites preying on droners that aren't aware.
There are quite a few and most do organise your registration but charge quite a bit more than the $5 that the FAA charges.

This one charged $5 but more if you wanted labels and an id card which stupid me bought
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jollyroger Hobbies. Thank you for sharing your experience and for creating this video. This post will make our valued DJI co pilots aware with regards to this matter. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-19
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

Your very welcome. I only hope to get the word out
2020-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules