Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7III hangs writing data to SD Card
4396 9 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoshDP
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all,  
Bit of a painfull issue. When ever I try to use the Ronin S in any fashion that requires stills, such as timelapse, it locks up the A7III into writing data to the card.

I've only had the unit for a few days so quite possible it's user error. Everything is balance and I followed the directions on how to set up the A7III and Ronin S using the MCC - USB C Cable. Camera is set to PC remote as directed. The only thing i can see that seemed odd is that in the Menu settings you only have the option to write data to PC only or PC and SD. There is no option for SD only. I was thinking maybe the camera is trying to write data to something that doesn't exist and hangs.

If i unplug the Ronin S from the camera the A7III finishes writing and is fine again until the next time i try to use it for a still on the Ronin S.

Even without the app, if i just try to take a still using the cameras shutter while it is attached to the Ronin S it just goes into continuous writing until I unplug the cable.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers

J
2020-1-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an issue where I switched it from MTP so I can delete files from the PC and/or I removed SD and messed w/ files outside the A7 III.  It corrupted many things and having that writing issue.  I had to factory reset the A7 III.

Just factory reset and use the cable that you attached to the microUSB port and set to MTP.  The DJI cable that isn't in an L in anyway as that one doesn't allow shutter control but it's more streamlined for video so if I'm doing video alone I prefer that one though I would've never ordered it if I knew it can't shutter control.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_TKFrAMYjplm7
lvl.1

Norway

Hi Josh! Did you get any solution to your problem? I have the same setup ith ronins and a7iii, and exactly the same problem as you. It just doesnt work. I have so many broken timelapses that would have been awesome, and it is a really big pain in the ass!
2020-10-5
Use props
Kyrylo Korol
lvl.1

Ukraine

Josh, same issue here. How did you get it resolved?
2020-10-31
Use props
JoshDP
lvl.1
Australia

Kyrylo Korol Posted at 10-31 14:09
Josh, same issue here. How did you get it resolved?

Yep my issue came down to the cable. With the A7III there isn't a one size fits all, for all purposes cable. The cable I was using MCC - USB C was not compatible with any stills based functionality such as panoramas or time-lapse tracking. It was only good for setting remote movements or ensuring follow focus functionality. I needed the MCC - Multi USB cable for the stills functionality and had to swap cables based on what I was doing. I have no idea why the USB C cable was causing the issue. but the Multi USB definitely fixed my problem.

Good Luck

Josh
2020-10-31
Use props
Kyrylo Korol
lvl.1

Ukraine

JoshDP Posted at 10-31 16:22
Yep my issue came down to the cable. With the A7III there isn't a one size fits all, for all purposes cable. The cable I was using MCC - USB C was not compatible with any stills based functionality such as panoramas or time-lapse tracking. It was only good for setting remote movements or ensuring follow focus functionality. I needed the MCC - Multi USB cable for the stills functionality and had to swap cables based on what I was doing. I have no idea why the USB C cable was causing the issue. but the Multi USB definitely fixed my problem.

Good Luck

Thank you!
2020-11-1
Use props
pdfontes1
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone. I was just going over this issue with my A7M4, not sure if it's the same with the A7M3 but I thought I'd share what fixed it for me.
2022-3-21
Use props
pdfontes1
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone. I was just going over this issue with my A7M4, not sure if it's the same with the A7M3 but I thought I'd share what fixed it for me. Just go to the PC Remote settings in the camera and set the Save Destination to "Camera Only". After that you will be able to fully control the camera over stills and video without interruption or switching cables.
2022-3-21
Use props
mou duran
lvl.1

Paraguay

hi! i had the same problem, i realized my memory card was the problem, i was using a sandisk extreme with  a 150mb/s capability. Format my camera, my gimbal, my memory in the pc and in the camera, nothing worked. Until i tried switching to one of my old SD CARDS, i tried with a sandisk extreme pro 95mbs and the problem was solved. hope this information could be usefull for somebody else. sorry for my bad english
2022-4-19
Use props
mou duran
lvl.1

Paraguay

hi! i had the same problem, i realized my memory card was the problem, i was using a sandisk extreme with  a 150mb/s capability. Format my camera, my gimbal, my memory in the pc and in the camera, nothing worked. Until i tried switching to one of my old SD CARDS, i tried with a sandisk extreme pro 95mbs and the problem was solved. hope this information could be usefull for somebody else. sorry for my bad english
2022-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules