Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 + X7 - PROXIES improvement request
1223 5 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#FLX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dear DJI Team,

can you please update the way proxy files are recorded when using the X7 camera with the Inspire 2 ?

It makes sense to use the exact same filename for the proxies, as used for the recorded files on the cinessd - so you can actually use them as proxy files in Resolve etc.
It would be also great to have the option to reduce the proxy size to 1080p - they are meant to be small and lightweight...

If you make this changes it will become possible to have a usable Proxy Workflow.

Thanks and Best Regards
Felix
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Felix. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support.
2020-1-19
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

this has been requested multiple times - good you brought it up again
2020-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

While the request is reasonable, DaVinci Resolve is offering really efficient way of creating proxies, actually  much simpler/better/faster than what PP does. Whatever you apply to a proxy track is later executed on full size file during final rendering.
2020-1-20
Use props
#FLX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HI everyone,

thanks for putting it through to dev department. And yes Resolve is amazing, I am just bringing it up because the feature to record proxy Files is a mandatory thing that the Inspire 2 needs you to do in order to record RAW - the X7 does not record RAW footage to the cinessd, if there is no SD card in the inspire 2. So that brings me to the 3rd feature request:

Can we have the option to record footage to the cinessd without an sd card (or a full sd card) in the Inspire ?

That would be great too, because it happened to me that I was flying and could not record to the available space on the cinessd because the sd card was full...
So I thought it would be good to make it work, so we don't have to create our own proxies or to have the option to record RAW without proxies....or maybe both ;)
2020-1-20
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

#FLX Posted at 1-20 15:11
HI everyone,

thanks for putting it through to dev department. And yes Resolve is amazing, I am just bringing it up because the feature to record proxy Files is a mandatory thing that the Inspire 2 needs you to do in order to record RAW - the X7 does not record RAW footage to the cinessd, if there is no SD card in the inspire 2. So that brings me to the 3rd feature request:

i think it needs to record to the sd card to stream the image to your ipad/crystalsky ... you can still rename the proxies to match the raw file names ... would be nice if there was a simple to use standalone program to do this ... otherwise adobe bridge ?
2020-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules