Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark with 360° acrobatic/aerobatic limits?
3939 23 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

We know the limits should be 60° max when software modding but can someone have the balls (with mad money) to risk your drone for the sake of potential results to set the tilt parameter limit to 360° (or more) so it can do rolls and stuff?  Set the angular roll rate to 900° (or more).  Record footage and upload here?  The massive problem would be the input lag and feed lag making it dangerous but being very high up, it should be able to complete w/o issue?

Sport_cfg_tilt_atti_range and Sport_cfg_tilt_gyro_range(I think this is angular degree roll rates) is what you are looking for after you set it up this way if anything goes wrong you can just switch it back?

2020-1-19
Use props
Slick1215
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

I saw the a similar change for the atti mode as well.
2020-1-19
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

If you want to break your beloved Spark:

Manual mode (allows flips and barrel rolls)
Change your “Sport” mode -switch to unassisted “Manual” mode. Fly only on open-area you are confident to train on. Idle is +50% and the drone will climb if you don't respond with throttle down. This is essentially a RC-helicopter mode which traditionally have no FC/IMU and is solely defendant on pilot skill. When switching back to “Normal” mode, make sure that the drone is right way up and is not tipped over it's horizontal or vertical axis. Failing to abide this will calibrate your IMU with the drone wrong way up and it will not automatically flip over. This is a sure way to damage your drone as it will fly towards the ground...

Fly safe!
2020-1-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 1-19 15:46
If you want to break your beloved Spark:

Manual mode (allows flips and barrel rolls)

Unassist manual mode?  What is that?

I've ordered the DJI Ocusync for the DJI RE with my racing quad.
2020-1-19
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Norway

There is a method to assign Atti to the Sport mode button.. pilots do this to practice their flying skills.
Some modes are available, including full manual mode...
2020-1-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 1-19 19:13
There is a method to assign Atti to the Sport mode button.. pilots do this to practice their flying skills.
Some modes are available, including full manual mode...

Atti mode still has attitude angle locks.
2020-1-19
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Norway

There is another parameter (ref. your first post) where you can choose mode on your RC "Sport button".
Original is 8 (Sport mode), Atti is 3 (Altitude stabilization) and 0  (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled) is full Manual.
I think nobody tried 0 yet.. but is the mode you need for flips and barrel rolls.

Some parameter changes may be disabled in newer FW, or may only be active in other DJI drones.
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 1-20 08:20
There is another parameter (ref. your first post) where you can choose mode on your RC "Sport button".
Original is 8 (Sport mode), Atti is 3 (Altitude stabilization) and 0  (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled) is full Manual.
I think nobody tried 0 yet.. but is the mode you need for flips and barrel rolls.

wow, are there vids demonstrating this?  Also, does RTH even work?

Where did you get the info that 0 is full manual?

It might fly to outer space and never come back.
2020-1-20
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Norway

The modes are undocumented... your own risk. I will not promote hack in official forum.
Search youtube or net.

2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 1-20 09:01
The modes are undocumented... your own risk. I will not promote hack in official forum.
Search youtube or net.

But have you seen someone do it once at least?
2020-1-20
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Norway

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 13:12
But have you seen someone do it once at least?

Not manual mode, but Atti is known.

2020-1-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Germany

question: How to switch off the 90 degree killswitch?
2020-1-20
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Norway

S-e-ven Posted at 1-20 13:47
question: How to switch off the 90 degree killswitch?

I assume killswitch is disabled in "acro", but who knows..
I dont have the balls for a test..
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Someone w/ a broken Spark please test?
2020-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 1-20 13:26
Not manual mode, but Atti is known.

Atti mode on the P4 and Inspire is bad.  It super drifts w/ the wind.  This is ok if you are on a DIY drone that doesn't have automatic level-flight enabled as you can just tilt into the wind and leave it there.
2020-1-20
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-20 23:42
Atti mode on the P4 and Inspire is bad.  It super drifts w/ the wind.  This is ok if you are on a DIY drone that doesn't have automatic level-flight enabled as you can just tilt into the wind and leave it there.

Not strictly correct.

In GPS Mode the quad overcomes the wind as it has a point of reference, it’s location, which it tries to maintain by continuously adjusting both its attitude and throttle.

In the case of the Spark in ATTI mode the user varies the attitude but the quad automatically adjusts the throttle as it still has control over the altitude (Altitude Hold).

In full manual mode the gyros still work to maintain its attitude as dictated by the user but self stabilisation is bypassed. In this mode it is reliant on the user to apply suitable pitch, roll, yaw, and throttle management, to maintain a stationary position.

Even though I fly freestyle quads and 3D Heli’s I would be very hesitant to do the same flips and rolls  with my Spark. For one, even if auto switch off is defeated, the Spark’s thrust to rate ratio is not that large, and secondly the camera and gimbal would not thank you.  I do have a number of Phantoms and I have no reservations flip flopping them in manual mode when they’re not carrying a camera and gimbal.

Regards

Nidge
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nidge Posted at 1-22 09:58
Not strictly correct.

In GPS Mode the quad overcomes the wind as it has a point of reference, it’s location, which it tries to maintain by continuously adjusting both its attitude and throttle.

Can you show vids of your Spark in full manual mode?
2020-1-22
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish I knew about this before I sold my Spark.
2020-1-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Is there anyway to set the resolution to 480p for less latency?  Can DJI even allow full-acro mode w/ 480p like DJI Ocusync in a next update?  The Spark has more than enough power to be a great acro racer quad.  Amazing power to be honest.
2020-1-22
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-22 11:17

I don’t have full manual mode enabled on the Spark.

I do have ATTI mode enabled on the Sport switch. I tend to fly in ATTI most of the time, enabling GPS mode only when I want the Spark to hold a stationary position or when flying waypoint missions.

Regards

Nidge.
2020-1-23
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-22 11:17

I don’t have full manual mode enabled on the Spark.

I do have ATTI mode enabled on the Sport switch. I tend to fly in ATTI most of the time, enabling GPS mode only when I want the Spark to hold a stationary position or when flying waypoint missions.

Regards

Nidge.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nidge Posted at 1-23 01:05
I don’t have full manual mode enabled on the Spark.

I do have ATTI mode enabled on the Sport switch. I tend to fly in ATTI most of the time, enabling GPS mode only when I want the Spark to hold a stationary position or when flying waypoint missions.

Can you set the attitude limit to 360 instead of the limit being set to 35 or w/e it is now?
2020-1-23
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 01:33
Can you set the attitude limit to 360 instead of the limit being set to 35 or w/e it is now?

It’s not something I’ve contemplated, and to be honest i couldn’t see the point. Unless self levelling could be completely disabled I would imagine it would be the same as flying a freestyle/race quad in “Horizon” mode whereby the quad would fight to auto level whenever the pilot stops providing any stick input, making for some erratic and uncontrollable behaviour.

There are much cheaper and just as cinematic options that are designed to do this, and strong and light enough to take a severe hit/crash, that to attempt to do it with a Spark would be a fool’s follie.

Nidge.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nidge Posted at 1-23 01:52
It’s not something I’ve contemplated, and to be honest i couldn’t see the point. Unless self levelling could be completely disabled I would imagine it would be the same as flying a freestyle/race quad in “Horizon” mode whereby the quad would fight to auto level whenever the pilot stops providing any stick input, making for some erratic and uncontrollable behaviour.

There are much cheaper and just as cinematic options that are designed to do this, and strong and light enough to take a severe hit/crash, that to attempt to do it with a Spark would be a fool’s follie.

It's not like you set 360 degrees and it crashes.  You can just roll it back over.  Some people restarted their drones after turning their motors off and it regained level flight.

Acro mode is way better than flying w/ control assist.  I just can't believe no one has bothered to do it even for the sake of many youtube views.
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules