Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I have updated my DJI Fly to the latest Android .6 version.

Before .6 i had to mount my mobile device with the top left in the clamps of the RC.
This way i had a good working Aircraft Orientation Indicator (AOI) in the app.

Pointing the top of the device to a heading, it shows the correct compass device heading (as in using a hand hold compass)
So in the app DJI converts this 90 degrees to the right.  (device perpendicular to the AOI).

In version .6 i have to mount my android device with the top right to get a good working AOI.

Wonder why DJI have changed this....maby because now my usb-c connection is on the left side so i can use the standard cables?

cheers
JJB
2020-1-19
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

There were videos with compass interference (leading to Aircraft Orientation Indicator mismatch) with some phones, so this is the fix maybe?
Have You updated app by downloading from DJI site? I'm not able to update my app through GPlay...
2020-1-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

virtual Posted at 1-20 02:42
There were videos with compass interference (leading to Aircraft Orientation Indicator mismatch) with some phones, so this is the fix maybe?
Have You updated app by downloading from DJI site? I'm not able to update my app through GPlay...

Did the update via Google Play

I have never had such a mismatch on both of my Xiaomi devices

cheers
JJB
2020-1-20
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

It can be caused by parts layout of the phone. If You had to rotate the phone "backwards" with longer cable...
2020-1-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Very puzzling, my iPhone 6S also behaves differently depending on phone orientation.
2020-1-20
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-20 03:48
Very puzzling, my iPhone 6S also behaves differently depending on phone orientation.

Is not surprising at all. Phones have a magnetometer sensor located somewhere; perturbations depend on the distance between the magnetometer itself and the metallic sources of perturbation. If you turn your phone 180° you may well move the sensor in an unpertubated position.
2020-1-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

emaneg Posted at 1-20 07:09
Is not surprising at all. Phones have a magnetometer sensor located somewhere; perturbations depend on the distance between the magnetometer itself and the metallic sources of perturbation. If you turn your phone 180° you may well move the sensor in an unpertubated position.

Yeah I'm aware of this, just wondering if via FW upgrade it may improve stability.
2020-1-20
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-20 07:19
Yeah I'm aware of this, just wondering if via FW upgrade it may improve stability.

I'm afraid not. This is physics.

Of course if DJI knew the specs of all phones could implement a RC SW correction to the readings of the different phones compasses, modelling precisely the interaction between magnetic stuff in the RC and the magnetometer, provided that they are clamped, and not installed on some support.

But this is moonshine...
2020-1-20
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

That is BTW what JJB have mensioned in post #1 (now can have phone in stock position for good working Aircraft Orientation Indicator)
2020-1-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

emaneg Posted at 1-20 08:54
I'm afraid not. This is physics.

Of course if DJI knew the specs of all phones could implement a RC SW correction to the readings of the different phones compasses, modelling precisely the interaction between magnetic stuff in the RC and the magnetometer, provided that they are clamped, and not installed on some support.

I see it makes sense.
2020-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules