NFZ restrictions for me but not anyone else?
568 5 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2Go
lvl.1
Flight distance : 582536 ft
United States

Visiting Hawaii and we are literally right on the edge of a no fly zone.  I went out to fly my mavic pro and got the restriction alert.  I tried to unlock it, got the passcode and input it, but it indicated it could not be unlocked.  so I am grounded.  My brother, however, who has a Mavic Air, was able to fly with no problems, only was prompted with a warning that indicated he needed to accept full responsibility.  I saw another woman, who also had a Mavic Pro like mine, who was able to fly with no restrictions.  What gives?
2020-1-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

You had the warning, so did your brother, the woman should be the one that is concerned about not getting the warning.
2020-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you goto the flysafe geo map and find the area and then select different drone models you may find the zone changes size/shape.  I had this recently when an Inspire 1 didnt get prompted about a military NFZ but a M2P did.
2020-1-20
Use props
Mavic2Go
lvl.1
Flight distance : 582536 ft
United States

I guess the question is why was I completely grounded no matter what I did and these other two pilots apparently had the ability to override the system?  I couldn’t take off, period.  But all my brother had to do was check the box saying he understood he was in a restricted zone.  
2020-1-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Mavic2Go Posted at 1-20 08:21
I guess the question is why was I completely grounded no matter what I did and these other two pilots apparently had the ability to override the system?  I couldn’t take off, period.  But all my brother had to do was check the box saying he understood he was in a restricted zone.

Geofencing depends on model, firmware, and database updates -- my guess is that if all three of you were using the latest firmware and accepted all the geofencing updates you would've had the same experience.

Just saw DAFlys's post -- guess there could be more variation due to a given AC's ability to accept more complex geofencing, or if a given model even receives geofence updates anymore.

2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try connecting your DJI Mavic Pro to the DJI Assistant 2 to check for " Fly Safe Database " updates to isolate the issue. In addition, when you have successfully received confirmation for the said drone. Please try to check if the license is synced to the DJI Go 4 application and on the drone. Please refer to the video that I will be posting for the step. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules