Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is this too shaky for DJI Osmo mobile 3 ?
4165 7 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 458740 ft
Finland

Hello!
I'm new in video production and I'm aware that I make many rookie mistakes but recently I bought DJI Osmo mobile 3 gimbal and no matter how steady I'm when I try to record I have a feeling that video is too shaky for gimbal. Especially in lower part of video, or it just looks like for me?
I uploaded two videos, one is hyperlapse and second is regular video. If it is not to big problem can someone take a look and tell me do I have problem with gimbal or it is just me.
Device version info: 01.00.00.60
mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy S8
App: DJI Mimo

Thanks in advance!!!

Hyperlapse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmkEgfuznY
Regular video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NSlTe-0Dg

2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please check the settings if it is in FPV mode to isolate the issue. Please try to check if the phone is properly balanced on the said gimbal. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-1-20
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

A gimbal doesn’t stabilise up or down movement which is what you are seeing, google how to Ninja walk to help eliminate this or there are z axis stabilisers available to fit onto the OM3 but I’ve not had any dealings with them, I would go with option 1
2020-1-20
Use props
Niho
Second Officer
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 09:52
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please check the settings if it is in FPV mode to isolate the issue. Please try to check if the phone is properly balanced on the said gimbal. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbDu6mdYG0

Hi,
Sorry I forgot to mention that I used "follow mode" and I watch this video: "how to balance gimbal". I will check this what AlanHd suggested and give you info later.
2020-1-20
Use props
Niho
Second Officer
Finland

AlanHd Posted at 1-20 09:53
A gimbal doesn’t stabilise up or down movement which is what you are seeing, google how to Ninja walk to help eliminate this or there are z axis stabilisers available to fit onto the OM3 but I’ve not had any dealings with them, I would go with option 1

Hi,
I didn't know that gimbal doesn't stabilize up or down movement, but it makes sense. I will try with this "ninja walk" to see is anything changing. Also maybe I'll try with other modes, I just used "follow mode".
2020-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Niho Posted at 1-20 13:57
Hi,
Sorry I forgot to mention that I used "follow mode" and I watch this video: "how to balance gimbal". I will check this what AlanHd suggested and give you info later.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-21
Use props
griffdude13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niho Posted at 1-20 14:01
Hi,
I didn't know that gimbal doesn't stabilize up or down movement, but it makes sense. I will try with this "ninja walk" to see is anything changing. Also maybe I'll try with other modes, I just used "follow mode".

Yep, learning the walk will help. You've gotta roll your feet from heel to toe, which should help cut down on the "bobbing effect" you're seeing. Otherwise, as others have said, just make sure you've properly balanced the phone (and it looks like you have), and you should be fine.
2020-1-21
Use props
Niho
Second Officer
Finland

griffdude13 Posted at 1-21 14:56
Yep, learning the walk will help. You've gotta roll your feet from heel to toe, which should help cut down on the "bobbing effect" you're seeing. Otherwise, as others have said, just make sure you've properly balanced the phone (and it looks like you have), and you should be fine.

Thanks for advice! I already watched some videos regarding heel to toe walk and already try it, so it will be fine when I master all ninja routines .
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules