Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propellers screws replacement
6092 9 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tasos GR
Captain
Flight distance : 15269209 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I read somewhere that even if we dont replace the propellers, if we unscrew the screws we have to replace them with new ones.
Is that correct? Manual and video instructions does not clarify it properly

"It doesn’t matter if you replace the props or not. Once you remove the screws new screws which have been coated with Loctite should used.
Loctite prevents screws from becoming loose due to vibration etc."

2020-1-20
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

It's because of the loctite. If you apply new loctite to the old screws you will be fine.
2020-1-20
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 1-20 12:17
It's because of the loctite. If you apply new loctite to the old screws you will be fine.

Just be sure to put it ONLY on the screw threads.  If it contacts the props the result may prove fatal for the Mini.  Loctite causes plastics to crumble.
2020-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for loctite.  But not the red one.
2020-1-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loctite blue works great.
2020-1-22
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-20 12:33
Just be sure to put it ONLY on the screw threads.  If it contacts the props the result may prove fatal for the Mini.  Loctite causes plastics to crumble.

Yes and as others have indicated the blue loctite only. Not the red. I actually have a touch of silicone I use on the shaft of the screw as well. I'm extremely picky about how my machines perform. LoL
2020-1-22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 1-22 06:27
Yes and as others have indicated the blue loctite only. Not the red. I actually have a touch of silicone I use on the shaft of the screw as well. I'm extremely picky about how my machines perform. LoL

Thredlocker actually makes a non-permanent solution specifically designed for plastics.
2020-1-22
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-22 06:45
Thredlocker actually makes a non-permanent solution specifically designed for plastics.

Thank you for letting me know that. I will have to get some.
2020-1-24
Use props
mrveronn
First Officer
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

And Loctite blue comes in both liquid and quickstix (gel) format. I just ordered the gel version as plenty of feedback suggesting that its easier to work with the gel...avoiding clogs with the liquid, less risk of 'spills' or the liquid running when you don't want it to run...
2020-1-24
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

I recommend avoiding even Blue for such tiny screws.  Use purple at the most.  Blue could snap off the screw, being designed for larger screws, only.

http://dm.henkel-dam.com/is/content/henkel/threadlocker-user-guide%20(1)pdf

"Strength

Low Strength (Purple): Ideal for fasteners <1⁄4" (6 mm). Easy disassembly using hand tools

Medium Strength (Blue): Designed to be removable with standard hand tools on 1⁄4" to 3⁄4" fasteners

High Strength (Red): Designed to deliver high strength on 1⁄4" to 3⁄4" (6 mm to 22 mm) fasteners. For removal, it may require localized heat (>550°F/260°C), hand tools, and disassembly while hot"

I've been using Vibratite VC-3, which is reusable a few times, and non permanent, even on such tiny screws.  The only problem is that it needs to be thinned with some MEK to apply it easily in these tiny threads.

https://www.vibra-tite.com/products/threadlockers/vibra-tite-vc-3-threadmate/

2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules