Any vidéos about catching operator for sequence shot ?
1103 6 2020-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bilolid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661070 ft
France

Hi guys,

I hardly find any tutorial nor exemple of independent productions which used the way of filming DJI’s keynote (car, cops and gunfires) when some helmet guys catch Inspire 2 as the pilot prepare itself to take off.

Please, I do need informations about how to get cool hand catch, especially for a smooth air-to-ground way. For instance, I wish to know which settings about gimbal views and miscellaneous on DJIGO 4, how the catcher should take the drone as the pilote light off propellers with the right command at the very time, etc.

As I tried with a friend of mine, that seems to be quite a pain to get the perfect sequence shot, as the camera jumps out within milliseconds while the bird leaves the sky behind to be cak-handing by my clumsy mate.

Any videos or written explanations would be very useful.

Note that I own Zenmuse X5S with Olympus 12, Olympus 14-42, and Olympus 45.

Thank your for your help birdies! :~]
2020-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just Google "dji inspire 2 behind scenes" and practice, practice, practice ... Be aware that such stunt is dangerous and will require well trained helper. Communication on scene must be clear, the catcher is in command when to kill the motors or take off his hands (head nodding). Inspire must be equipped with grab handles such as these:

https://www.googleadservices.com ... EAQYAyABEgK_4_D_BwE
2020-1-20
Use props
AeroMovie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Handheld Grip/Handle is also available at a lower price and as mentioned above practice practice practice practice practice.
https://www.pimp-your-kopter.de/ ... e-2-haltegriffe.php
2020-1-21
Use props
bilolid
lvl.2
France

I already own the original DJI handheld grip, but I find very interesting that model you share with us because of the plastic sphere that allows to gently let the drone take off (and the low cost price of course)
2020-1-21
Use props
bilolid
lvl.2
France

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-20 19:08
Just Google "dji inspire 2 behind scenes" and practice, practice, practice ... Be aware that such stunt is dangerous and will require well trained helper. Communication on scene must be clear, the catcher is in command when to kill the motors or take off his hands (head nodding). Inspire must be equipped with grab handles such as these:

https://www.googleadservices.com ... EAQYAyABEgK_4_D_BwE

I have already seen all videos about behind the scenes, and the only things I can watch about it is 1 second shot where you see a man catching the beast.

(2'07 in that video)

In that particular moment for instance, I can find that the gimbal does exactly what it does with me. It jumps a little bit while being caught.

2020-1-21
Use props
bilolid
lvl.2
France

bilolid Posted at 1-21 00:57
I have already seen all videos about behind the scenes, and the only things I can watch about it is 1 second shot where you see a man catching the beast.

(2'07 in that video)

(2'07 in that video) : https://youtu.be/qE9C9diqNK0?t=127

---

An other problem I found is the gimbal's reaction while caught. In follow mode, the gimbal turns crazy and rotates at 360 when the hands take it.
In free mode, that doesnt occur, the gimbal stays quiet and keep filming the same way. The problem is the camera has to be well aligned at that particular moment otherwise it will get the laning gear in view.

Should I let the arms in landing mode, or is it possible to put it in flying mode to avoid that particular problem ? In the second way, it allows more camera angle while recording on the ground, even if the catching angle of the handheld is a little bit tricky for catcher.

Last but not least, the command to kill motors is RTH + left joystick in the down right corner ?
I found it a little slow to react, when I do that precise command...
2020-1-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bilolid Posted at 1-21 01:07
(2'07 in that video) :

---

1. Disable all Obstacle Avoidance Sensors.

2. Disable auto landing gear lowering, use only RC toggle to rise/lower.

3. Fly with rised landing gear.

4. Once the catcher establish solid grip and give a KILL confirmation, he/she must remain really stiff to be prepared for sudden 4.5 kg weight on arms. That's why you see this jump on footage, and this is the whole trick your catcher must master ... There will be 3 sec delay between KILL command and execution. Yes, "RTH + left stick down to a corner" ... Try to employ classic CSC and/or only left stick down until motors stop, it may work as well. Still 3 sec delay ... Don't ask why, it's stupid DJI's interpretation of emergency shut-off ...

This crazy gimbal rotating 360 in Follow mode ... I've never seen such. FREE gimbal mode will deliver more stable footage in this application anyway, assuming twin RC setup ...

2020-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules